1st Trimester

First cycle TTC: BFP at 3W4D

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting on these boards so I hope I am following all the proper protocols. :smile: I took a Clearblue Advanced Digital with Weeks Estimator test. My AF is due on 8/25, but the test came up BFP today 8/22. By my calculations, this puts me at 3W4D from my last cycle. I will be taking tests every morning for the next few days to confirm and going to the doc on 9/2.

I am SO NERVOUS! This was our first cycle TTC. I'm worried about getting a chemical pregnancy since I took the test so early. Any tips on how to get through this period and stories on when you started to feel more confident? The whole thing is still surreal!

Re: First cycle TTC: BFP at 3W4D

• First off, congrats.  Now on to my answer. 

I was crazy nervous for the first month at least after I found out I was pregnant.  We were very fortunate that it happened quickly and I was sure that it was too good to be true.  I found a lot of solace in my birth month board, talking to others who were having the same fears was really helpful.  Also, if you do a little searching on the BMBs here, you'll probably come across a thread about the likelihood of NOT having a miscarriage, it's been copied from month to month.  Each day, I would see how much more likely it was that I would have a healthy baby in 30 some weeks.  As far as confidence, my fears eased when we saw DD's heart beating on the 8 week viability scan, eased more when we had good results after our NT scan at 12 weeks and then slowly went away as appointment after appointment went by with a healthy baby and I began to feel her moving reliably around 25-26 weeks.  That all being said, I was never fully confident that I would walk out of the hospital with a baby until she was out and cleared by the pediatrician.
  • Thanks!! It's crazy because I found out so early that my BMB isn't even open yet. Some ladies don't discover they are pregnant until W6 or something--but I feel like my journey is so much longer due to knowing early! Of course I wouldn't have it any other way.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do think the first month will be the most nerve wracking. The probability chart will be a big help. I totally get your "too good to be true" feeling! 

For now I'm just trying my best to enjoy TODAY. Nothing bad has happened today, and if something does happen, there's nothing I can do to control it by worrying about it now. I'm just happy and grateful, and hoping that will bring me some peace. 
  • Loading the player...
  • blueberry312blueberry312 member
    edited August 2016
    Momof1, I'm not really sure why I'm taking multiple tests...lol. I have 4 more that I will take between now and 9/2. I think it helps me feel like I'm doing something to "check in" on the little one... which is all in my head, I know! :smile:
  • Congrats! We just had a BFP after 2 years TTC. I have a 9 year old son and have been waiting for #2 for a LONG time. I had to have DH read the test because I just couldn't believe it was real. I totally understand how you are feeling. We told our immediate family and I admit, I"m also kind of nervous but think after the first prenatal appointment, things will start to feel very real! 
  • I found out my BFP ridiculously early as well, and then found out I was having twins so that explained it. Congratulations and good luck!!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• @Liss_37 Twins?! Oh my gosh... I had not even considered that possibility! That would be a fun surprise. Congrats to you :smile:
  • thanks!! :)

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• It's the waiting game. Sit tight, it will be awhile. Just tell yourself, I am pregnant the today, that is all you can do.