November 2016 Moms

PGAL Check-In - Week of 8/22/2016

edited August 2016 in November 2016 Moms
This is for those of us moms who are pregnant after loss. If you have not participated on the weekly thread yet introduce yourself first.

Weeks: 

Next milestone/appointment? 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 

Questions? 

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters?

Re: PGAL Check-In - Week of 8/22/2016

• Weeks: 29+5 today

Next milestone/appointment? Appt on Tuesday next week(the 30th) and childbirth class on the 1st. Lots more going on in the next couple weeks so it's gonna be either really good(distracting me from loss EDDs) or really bad(stressing me out and making the loss EDDs harder to cope with)

Rant/Rave/Anything else: ILs are being assholes about us being team green and I have just about had more than I can take. MIL just keeps insisting baby is a boy and won't even entertain the thought of a girl. FIL keeps making vulgar and rude comments about seeing baby's "big dick" on our next Dr visit(even tho we have repeatedly told him we will not be finding out and won't even be having more ultrasound unless there is a problem) Someone is going to be receiving the brunt of a hormonal rage fit pretty soon. 

Questions? Nope

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? DH and I went to see Suicide Squad.

• Weeks: 29w 2d

Next milestone/appointment? 
    My appt was today. U/S Thursday 

Rant/Rave/Anything else: 
    I went from not gaining weight to gaining to much weight even tho my eating habits haven't changed. I showed my dr my swelling today so now I have to be seen in 3weeks then every 2weeks. Also she was concerned about LO not moving as much as he should so I'm having another U/S on Thursday. 

Questions? No

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters?
  • Loading the player...
  • @Muscatmommyof4 DH has talked to them both and it really hasn't made any difference. I'm trying to be patient but I'm getting to a point where I'm just not going to be able to hold my tongue. FIL I think has some major memory issues anyways(more selective memory than anything) and MIL is just an opinionated judgemental twat so she pretty much always has something bitchy spewing out of her mouth.
  • Weeks: 27 +1

Next milestone/appointment? Check up on 9/6, still waiting for my GD blood test results from yesterday.

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I recently purchased one of the grabbers that picks thing up off the ground so you dont have to bend over! Ha ha ha. I love it. 

Questions? nah

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? We went and saw Bad Moms last weekend. It was pretty funny. We have a two year old and haven't been to the movies in a while so I was shocked to see how nice things have become with reclining seats and the ability to reserve your seat when you buy your tickets online. It was pretty awesome.

@tigerfish227 Im sorry you have to deal with rotten in-laws. I have no good advice but hang in there! 
  • Weeks: 27 weeks exactly

Next milestone/appointment? Sept 2 GD test and check-up

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I haven't really been feeling movement and it's freaking me out a bit. I know my anterior placenta is still blocking some of it, but the past few weeks the movement had been picking up, even in spots where my placenta is, so now that it's really backed off my brain is jumping to (unlikely, undesirable) conclusions.  (And as I was writing that I felt a couple kicks, but still not many and lighter than they have been in the past, so not as comforting as I want it to be. :/ )

Questions? Not really

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters? Last week a friend and I went to see Bad Moms. I won movie tickets at a work event and I have no regrets using them on that movie - so funny.

@tigerfish227 - I cannot believe that comment from your FIL! Talk about inappropriate! We found out the gender, but are choosing not to tell anyone - and other than some people taking it personally, we haven't had anyone be that inappropriate with their guesses. I would definitely have freaked out on them by now, or done the opposite and literally stopped talking to them about anything baby related (or at all). If they can't be nice, then they will just have to wait until after baby comes to have any further relationship. I'm also sending positive vibes your way for the next month's milestones. I hope your schedule keeps you distracted in a good way.

@Muscatmommyof4 - Sending you positive vibes too for your u/s tomorrow! I hope everything looks just like it should  <3

@rspalding001 - I've never bought tickets online and had no idea you could reserve seats. That's a good thing to know!
  • Weeks: 27w 4d

Next milestone/appointment? I need to call and cancel my next appt.  I set them all up 2 months ago, and the receptionist looked at her little calendar to see when I needed to switch to 2 week appts.  I had an appt last Friday and am set up for another next week, but at my appt Friday my doc said one more 4 week, then switch to 2.  I'm happy to put the switch off a little longer!

Rant/Rave/Anything else: I have had cramping here and there for the past week and a half.  I mentioned it at my last appt and my doc said normal, probably BH, so i've been okay with it.  But on Tuesday it lasted like 7 hours!  I could feel the tightening and relaxing, so i'm sure it was contractions.  I spoke with other people who all agreed it was normal for a 3rd pregnancy, but i've only had nonpainful BH before, so to me it was terrifying that it could be more than just BH.  Even after it was done I was super uncomfortable because it's painful for your body to contract that long.  I couldn't sleep well, and hurt the next morning.  Since then it's gone back to just cramping here and there, so I feel better now, but it was nerve-wracking!

Questions? No

GTKY: What was the last movie you saw in theaters?  My MIL took SIL and I to see Tarzan.  I wouldn't have chosen it as a movie, but it is always nice to get out with grown ups, so I'm happy to watch anything.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• @Muscatmommyof4 DH has talked to them both and it really hasn't made any difference. I'm trying to be patient but I'm getting to a point where I'm just not going to be able to hold my tongue. FIL I think has some major memory issues anyways(more selective memory than anything) and MIL is just an opinionated judgemental twat so she pretty much always has something bitchy spewing out of her mouth.
    Sometimes you have to speak your mind for people to understand that they need to shut the fuck up! Good luck to you! 
  • edited August 2016
    @lajoliedreamer thank you! Everything went better then expected he's measuring 3lbs already so I have a feeling that I will probably have him in early October. Now it's time for me to get my butt in gear! Try not to worry your baby might be going through a growth spurt my dr ordered my scan because she said LO wasn't moving like he should be and he's bigger then any of my other kids at this stage... And if it continues ask if they will do a growth scan just for peace of mind :).

@MollySm I feel ya on the BH it's stressful and scary. Hope you feel better soon! :blush: