April 2017 Moms

Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/22

This is the weekend chatter thread to... you know... talk about pregnancy and stuff. Wondering what everybody's opinion on doctors vs midwifes vs doulas? Find a good cure for something that's been ailing you?  Just had one of those "holy smokes I'm GROWING a HUMAN like it's a potted plant or something, but INSIDE MY BODY" moments?  Have a rando ask when the baby is due and you're like, "Wait, I'm not even showing yet, not sure if I should be polite or rude at this point"?   Whatever comments or stories or questions or etcetera you got that don't quite fit into the other organizational threads, this is probably the spot.

BabyFruit Ticker
Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

Re: Weekly Pregnancy Chatter 8/22

• I was asked the other day when DH and I are going to have another baby. Firstly, rude. That question drives me insane. Then when I answered with my usual "we have our timeline figured out but who knows if that will actually happen" she responded with "well it's way too early for you to have a second one anyway". Thank you for your opinion. Really?!?!? Can't wait to tell her I'm pregnant!
  • @STM2017 I'm a fairly open person and will openly talk with people regarding our plans to expand the family. However, for someone to subject you to their opinion of it being "too soon" to have another baby is just ridiculously rude... 
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @STM2017 I wish you could send us a pic of her face when you do.  I think you should lead with "remember the time you told me it was too soon to have another baby?...."
  • @STM2017 what a rude thing to say! I agree with @gardenmama17 that I wish we could see a picture of her fac when you tell her. Who is she to say what's too soon?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @STM2017, I hate that question! It took a long time for is to get pregnant with DS and that question had made me cry...I just can't believe the nerve of some people!