Pregnant after a Loss

I hate being pregnant this time around!!

I just need to vent a little. We lost out baby to a miscarriage, he was 15 weeks, during March 2016. We conceived a few months later and I will (hopefully) be 10 weeks tomorrow.
I loved being pregnant last time around. I was so giddy and happy and making all sorts of plans for the future.
This time around, I hate being pregnant. I love our baby inside of me, but I am trying to keep distanced from him/her emotionally. Every single little symptom I have, I freak out over. I check for blood every time I go to the bathroom. This morning, I had a thick, white, stretchy discharge that I've never had with pregnancy before. I thought I had lost my mucous plug only to realize that cervical mucous is typical during pregnancy. I cancel plans because of my anxiety. I am taking progesterone shots in the ass twice a week. I just hate being on the edge all the time with no reassurance that everything is going to be ok or not. That's all...thanks for letting me vent a little.

Re: I hate being pregnant this time around!!

• I loved being pregnant with my first rainbow, but I sure was totally anxiety ridden as you describe. It is hard even that innocence of pregnancy excitement and assuming a baby will be born is stripped away from us, isn't it? 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I def dont hate being pregnant but I totally get what u are saying. I was just saying to my husband, even now at 37 weeks, I still check tp for blood every single time I go to the bathroom. I also distanced my self (as much as a preg lady can) in the beginning.  Every time someone would congratulate us I would ask them to refrain until baby is here.  The anxiety is always there and even with weekly appts ( I have had approx 20!! Ultrasounds in addtn to dr appt) it doesnt really mean anything to me bc unfortunately things can go awry at any time.
    Hang in there!