Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Any tips? Does preseed work? Frustrated.

So it has been over 6 months now and once again the quest for baby #2 has failed. I keep getting urinary tract infections every other month without fail from all the sex even when we both are showering before and after and I also pee immediately after. I use ovulation predictors and still failing. Tried sex every day, tried every other day. Does anyone have any tips? And has anyone tried preseed? I'm 34 next week and trying for baby #2. No prior fertility issues but things are more difficult this time around. Advice?

Re: Any tips? Does preseed work? Frustrated.

• Options
    I have actually responded to the WTO before, but haven't answered CSQ because I don't know what that stands for...Lol. I introduced myself before in TTGP. I guess my question would now be where do I post my question? Sorry if I'm doing this wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OPKs are great used in conjunction with temping.  Some people have multiple LH surges a month, so if you aren't temping, you wouldn't know for sure whether you ovulated.  
    Me: 33 DH: 31
    DS: 5 years old
    TTC #2 since August 2015
    July 2016: Testing cycle with 100 mg Clomid = BFN
    August 2016: 50 mg Clomid + IUI = BFN
    October 2016: IVF#1 - 13 retrieved / 12 mature /  9 fertilized / 2 blasts
    November 2016: FET#1 = chemical
    January 2017: FET#2 = chemical
    March 2017: IVF#2 - 18 retrieved / 18 mature / 16 fertilized / 5 blasts
    April 24, 2017: FET#3 - BFN
    May 24, 2017: FET#4 - BFP! - Beta #1 151 - Beta #2 503 - Due date 2/9/18
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hey!  Sorry you are having issues.  I fully understand where you are coming from.  We are TTC #3 and I have been struggling with off and on again infections - sinus infections that lead to yeast infections due to antibiotics.  I went back to my OB because I had another Sinus infection back in June and was put back on 2 weeks of amox, which leads to a terrible yeast infection.  7 day monistat didn't even touch the issue.  She took a sample of my CM and noted that I have cells repairing my vagina which in turn are causing my cervical mucus to be hostile which in turn is killing the sperm.  So my PH is all out of wack.  I am using Luvena.  I did the first treatment last night and I woke up feeling pretty refreshed this AM.  I am hoping this will help us with TTC as well.  We are currently on Cycle #9.
    ~*~AvidVertigo from back in the day ~*~
    DS - May 2010
    DD - June 2013
    TTC since January 2016
    Cycle #9

• Options
    One other thing about the UTIs, if you typically wear thongs, try briefs/bikinis or other not in your crack options. That might help. 

As for preseed, like someone else said, it's not a guaranteed BFP (we all wish...) but it is a good, sperm-friendly lubricant.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • Options
    I'm fairly dry so I love preseed, I use it even when we aren't ttc. I'd talk to your doc about the frequent infections as that's not good. You are right at the cut off for most places considering you AMA so it would probably be worth discussing it taking longer with your doc while you are there as well. I assume doc will want you to try for a year but some are more on top of testing etc., than others. I agree that charting (temping, tracking CM etc) is probably a good idea too, I've never turned an OPK + but with temping I can see that I've O'd.
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    slavenslaven member
    edited August 2016
    I've had 3 instances of UTI with yeast infection since January, all after weekends away. I realized it was either from taking a bath in the hotel (which I never do since we don't have a tub in our apartment) our our KY lube. I ordered a more "gentle/natural" lube on Amazon (Isabel Fey, I think it's called) and no issues since but we use Preseed during the FW. They both have similar consistencies/texture.  

ETA: bath in hotels during our weekends away
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Who knows. Sorry about the UTIs though....

DD1 born 11/2014

DD2 born 6/2016