April 2016 Moms

4-month Vaccinations

Did you have them yet? How did they go, compared to the 2 month set?

Re: 4-month Vaccinations

• We got them today! At two month ones he was laughing when she gave him the shots so it surprised him a ton more and he cried more. This time he didn't need to nurse as long after and didn't cry as much. 
    At home after the two month he just nurses cried and slept that day. This time he nursed and took a good nap, but woke up happy and ready to nurse again and play! He looked like he was trying to roll, but would stop himself and cry so I gave him some Tylenol(his legs probably hurt from the injections) and after the normal amount of time it takes to work, he perked back up. I expect him to have a fever off and on for the next two days and sleep a lot, but we shall see. I feel like he's handling it better though all around.
  • @korpatch I'm so glad that it went well for your little guy today. Thank you for sharing your positive story. L goes for her shots on September 1st and I am already getting nervous (even though her 2 month ones went okay).
  • Loading the player...
  • They are the same set of vaccines, LO had them last week and handled them like a champ!  Screamed initially but smiley by the time we saw the receptionists to make her next appointment.  Sleepy the rest of the day/night.
  • We got our last shots at 2.5 months, my son began teething the same week, and also picked up a cold from the ped's office. No way to know where his general misery and crabbiness was coming from, so I am really hoping that they are better this time around. 
  • We had ours last week; DS didn't even cry! He was a bit fussy after he woke up from a nap a few hours later, but a dose of acetaminophen changed that quickly.
    His poor thighs were a little red and swollen, but it wasn't anything to be very concerned about, and was down by nighttime.
     He ran a low-grade fever after the 2-month vaccinations, but not this time. 
  • Jackson was a frightful mess afterwards. He cried all day and wouldn't let anyone else hold him. Got a low grade fever so I gave him Tylenol. Still sttn, but he was rough to put to bed. Poor little man :confused:
  • thaisac1thaisac1 member
    edited August 2016
    Went quite well for us. Same as the 2 month vaccines: L cried loudly for a minute, was immediately consoled by paci or bottle, and then was his normal self from that point on, thankfully.
  • So this is now the day after and he woke up giggling and laughing like normal and not like last time. Just as hungry too. I think it will go better than last time! Sounds like the same with most our LOs this time.
    My guy has a bad cold, but we are on the other side of it.
  • We had ours 2 weeks ago.  He screamed initially and cried for a few minutes after then was able to calm down in daddy's arms.  We gave him a bottle since we weren't far off from feeding time anyway.  He was a pretty happy guy the rest of the day.  He napped in the car on the way home, slept well that night, and ran a low fever over the next day.  We gave him some Tylenol for the fever.
  • Thomas refused to nurse for 6 hours after his 2 months, so I was nervous for his 4 month set. He got them yesterday and it seemed like he was taking them fine. Well, I got a call from daycare at 10 saying that he had a 102.4 degree fever. 
  • Jake was terrible for days after his 2 month shots.  He was fine after the 4 month except became inconsolable at bedtime.  Once he calmed down and went to sleep he slept his last best stretch ever.  I planned for him to be miserable for a couple of days but he's been fine. 
  • Thomas refused to nurse for 6 hours after his 2 months, so I was nervous for his 4 month set. He got them yesterday and it seemed like he was taking them fine. Well, I got a call from daycare at 10 saying that he had a 102.4 degree fever. 
    I hope your son feels better :-( 
  • Ours were today. I gave him Tylenol mixed in with a bottle immediately before, as a preventive pain measure. He was pretty easy to console after. Weepy but not in complete meltdown mode. He was asleep before I even completed the checkout process at the pediatrician's office, and slept for a solid 4 hour stretch.

When he got up, we had a bath, feeding, and some snuggles. He did spit up a few times and was overall less enthusiastic, but nothing crazy. He fell asleep early, no fever or anything yet so I'm hoping for a good night's rest!
  • We had ours on the 10th. It was easier to console him immediately after the shots this time, but he was super fussy for a couple of days after - just like the 2 month shots. He ran a low grade fever so I gave him Tylenol which seemed to help with his leg pain, too. He is also teething and in a wonder week at the same time so he was already pretty fussy before the shots.