May 2016 Moms

My 3 month old refuses her bottle and pacifier

I need help mommies( sorry it's kinda long).. This is strange for me because my baby took a pacifier while she was still in hospital, I had an emergency cesarean so we stayed 4 days. It was the nurse who suggested the pacifier because apparently there's something called comfort sucking. Anyway I've been exclusively breastfeeding since then except the time I bought formula around a week or so because she would only suck one breast and it was sore and bleeding, so until I healed I gave her a bottle and pumped both breasts because I didn't want to mess up my supply. After healing, her father would occasionally bottle feed her. Then she had a period of sleep problems so we focused on that and maybe didn't give her a bottle or pacifier for almost a month, now I hear babies are like gold fish. I haven't had some time away from her cause I felt like she was too young, I'm still protective but I don't leave the house much because we have to stop to breastfeed and not all my clothes allow much so if we at the mall I have to go all the way back to the car. I'm even giving up on the thought of going back to work because whenever a bottle gets in her mouth she cries, we have tried warm/cold milk, pumped breast milk and me leaving the room, apparently something about my scent. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this, I love my baby with my all but I can't even leave her with family to take a walk. What can I do?

Re: My 3 month old refuses her bottle and pacifier

• When I went back to work a few weeks ago she pulled the I only want mommy too. Same as you I had an e-c and couldnt nurse till a week later when my milk came in so she used paci and bottles just fine from the start. We continued to have daddy give her some bottles of my milk too in hopes she wouldnt have any issues when I went back to work. She was fine for daddy the first day then the next few days she would fuss and cry for an hour or so before caving and taking the bottle. Its tough to hear he cry but when she gets hungry enough she takes it. Now three weeks later he had no issues shes just switching back and forth no fight. Good luck!!
  • z0w1z0w1 member
    She brings me to tears because I feel like I'm to blame for not being consistent and she's just not sure what these things are.. I've also resorted to talking to her lol that doesn't help much either, my perfect world would be her taking a bottle during the day and nursing all night for as long she wants cause I actually also enjoy it, and if it makes her happy then I'm for it. I guess I'll just have to leave her and hope it goes well. I've never had a moment without her before, it's scary knowing she just wants mommy and I can't always be there. I'm praying she just gives in. Thanks for sharing.