October 2015 Moms

One year

Anyone planning already? We're doing a super hero themed party asking everyone to come dressed as a hero or villain. I wanted it to be "One-der Woman" theme but I'm having trouble finding the perfect invites. (Who knew Dad had so many opinions about scrapbook paper?!) What are you all doing? 

Re: One year

• We haven't started planning yet but if you look on etsy, there are a lot of really talented people on there who can custom make invitations. I did that with my daughter and they turned out awesome.
  • Weve atarted planning. Our theme is just gold and pink and glitter. If you go on vistaprint.com theyre have a ton of invites you can design and save then send to pront at walmart or walgreens!
  • Loading the player...
  • This is a first mock up of an invite
  • My boy is an Oct 29 baby so right before Halloween. Me are doing a monster themed party and asking all the babies to come in their costumes!  I figure since 1 year olds don't do much trick or treating it'll be nice for everyone to put the costumes to use a bit more!  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• We're the 29th too! I made invites for my sisters shower in Feb and I'd like to make these but the paper we find is Marvel heros and he wants DC. He's being ridiculous. At least he's helping I guess! Lol
  • Yeah DH is no help here he says..."whatever will make you happy" i should be greatful for that but i have too many ideas! !
  • We're going super basic for the party. SO won't know his schedule until the week before October starts so we won't set a date until then. But we're doing simple batman decorations and a cake at home. Nothing "big" per se but we have a lot of friends so well probably end up with a ton of people at our house. 
  • @melissa9481 you could even do the invites metallic gold with a red star at the top so it looks like her tiara! Such a cute idea to do the One-der Woman theme! I love that so much! We are doing a vintage floral theme with tons of flowers and gold glitter everywhere :) I'm making like 300 fifteen inch paper flowers lol  
  • My daughter is in love with balloons, so I got her invitations printed on balloons. I ordered them online and just got them in the mail and they are awesome! It cost me a few dollars to ship, but I figure that she only turns 1 once!!