September 2015 Moms
Options

Feeling blessed...

As I'm cleaning, i  look over to my boys eating their breakfast & i suddendly get a rush of emotional feelings come over me.

This time last year i was in bed rest in the hospital due to me water breaking August 9th of last year. I remember a very rude nurse telling me that if they couldnt stop my labor on the 10th my babys will die.. Who tells that to a mother? Any way. I feel blessed that my labor was able to be stopped. That i was able to hold out until September 3rd. & even though they were born early & had NICU time my boys were strong & healthy. In under than 3 weeks my boys will be 1. & they are healthy & happy & meeting their milestones even as preemies. It makes me happy to look over & know they made it, to know they are healthy & how most people cant tell theyre preemies. I am very blessed to have my baby boys & my daughter who will be 6 a week before they turn 1. A lot of things could have gone wrong a year ago, & a year ago i was so frightened for their outcome. & now i couldnt be happier & couldnt be more thankful & cant help but feel blessed.

I know I'm not the only momma who had a hard pregnancy, labor & delivery. But i also know im not the only one with a good outcome. So tell me mommas what do you feel blessed for?

Re: Feeling blessed...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You ladies are so strong, I am very proud to be a par of such a group.

I feel so blessed to have a sweet, beautiful, perfect baby boy (aside from some serious allergies) after my dream natural birth went out the window after 25 hours of labor when his heart rate plummeted (my placenta failed, so they say). My c-section happened under ten minutes later, without my husband in the room yet, and with my doctor almost having to cut me open without anesthesia. It was intense, and I didn't get to see my baby until he was no longer blue (cringe) and had been cleared by the NICU team. I still have very negative feelings about my birth, but my son couldn't be more perfect. I can't believe how fast this first year has gone. And to top it all off (you all know we've had some sleep problems for reals), he slept 8 hours straight last night for the first time ever! 
  • Options
    @LoveLee85 oh my! im glad everything was fine! Not hilding them right away sucks huh? You think of the first time you'll hold ypur baby roght after birth & then something like causes it to jot gappen the way planned. Hopefully his sleeping will get better soon!

@cait040415sorry for making you a little sad. It just amazes me how strong not only these monmas are but the lovely babys as well. So many things could have gone wrong a year ago, yet here we all are. & good luck! With DD i started college a week before she was born & did online the 1st semeater. For 2nd i went back on campus & it felt horrible leaving her. But remember its to better her life :smile:
  • Options
    lovelee the not holding him was the part that was the hardest. Then when I did he had wires attached. I totally felt ripped off. But everything is awesome today :-)
    Missed Miscarriage 3/27 D&C 3/29/2012