August 2016 Moms

Formula FTM question

My husband has been heating/boiling water in a tea kettle and immediately mixing the hot water with formula in bottles and putting directly in to fridge. Then, upon needing a bottle we have been heating in a bottle warmer... I don't think this is correct because of the "double-heating"... Can someone advise??? 
My thought was to boil the water, let it cool and put it in a pitcher with a lid to use to make room temperature bottles as needed (no bottle warmer use at all)... but DH says that the room temp will breed bacteria... We are fighting about it, and I believe we both only want to do what is best, but are disagreeing on this...Advice appreciated... 

Re: Formula FTM question

• I've never done formula but I was under the impression that boiling the water isn't needed?
  • Unless you have well water, per my pediatrician, water straight from the tap is fine. I've never warmed a bottle either, she is used to room temp from the tap or cold from the fridge. 
  • Loading the player...
  • As long as you don't leave pre mixed formula at room temp it's fine. I did not heat bottles when I used formula either. To prepare I would put the right amount of water in the bottles, and then the right amount of formula for each bottle in a divided container.