Single Parents

SO Passed away in Accident

Hi, I been apart of the bump since my first child but never post much. Anyway, my SO passed away 2 months ago from a motorcycle accident at the time I was 3 months pregnant with our second child. I miss him so much and we were so excited for this new baby and excited about our future together. He loved our 3 year old dearly and she loved him as well. I am trying to keep my spirits up but sometimes it's hard. I would love to know if there is anyone else going through a similar situation. Maybe I can get some enlightenment on how to continue to be positive for my child and the one on the way (by the way just found out it's a girl).

Re: SO Passed away in Accident

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  This board is pretty quiet most of the time, so I'm not sure who may have been through a situation similar to this.

I'd love to help you as much as I can, though.  The only thing I can really think of at the moment is to google around for a counselor.  I went to a counselor when I learned about my pregnancy, I found an organization that provided free/cheap counseling for women who were pregnant and it also provided maternity clothes, children's clothes (I believe up to 5 years of age), and toys.  When I gave birth to DD, they gave me 3 months worth of diapers and wipes and sent me bottles.  I'm sure there are tons of organizations like the one I went to all over the country (I am assuming that you're in the USA, please correct me if I'm wrong)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Thank you. And yes I am in the US. I've spoken with my doctor and my daughter's pediatrician they gave me some good information on counseling. I also have tried to look into help with things for the kids but sometimes it's hard to find. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have any family or friends nearby?  Or, maybe, is there a mom's group in your city/town that you can join?  I have found it's easier to find help when I need it since I've joined a mom's group near me (you can find on facebook).
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry that you are in this situation. There was a woman in N13 who had a very similar story, and I think she found whatever comfort she could in her family and friends. I wish you peace on your journey into single motherhood.

• @slpullen2013 My OH passed away as well.  We had found out the day before we we expecting #3.   It is really hard and I don't really have any good advice.   I accept that I am going to have good days and bad days and try to keep busy and a positive outlook.   Finding out what the baby was and coming home to not tell him was hard.   We have a 2 yo DS and a 4yo DD (who was such a Daddy's girl).   Reach out to people and accept help as it comes.   I think the hardest part is feeling how I feel and then putting into perspective the amount of pain my kids must feel.   They are super strong though and really are troopers.   PM if you need anything or just want to talk.   We maybe the only ones on these boards in this situation that are active on here.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for the replies ladies and @countrybb1 I will def pm you. I am still working right now, will be going on leave sept 23, which has kept me from replying. But thanks!