TTC After a Loss

Update Re Intro

TScaleiTScalei member
edited August 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Hi,

I was active in here on/off after my mmc in March. Got a BFP in July and went for my first u/s today at 7 weeks 5 days and was told that baby was measuring 6 weeks 5 days and they couldn't see any heartbeat with transvaginal u/s. I go for another u/s on Tuesday to find out for sure but I really feel that there is little hope. I just can't believe I am going through this again. I feel so beaten down by life and like I can't go through the process of actual miscarriage, depression, tttc, anxiety over early pregnancy again. You all have been a huge support to me in the past and I know I will need you again in upcoming days, weeks, months to come. If anyone has any expierence or advice with 2 mcs in a row or any of the above I would greatly appreciate it right now.

Re: Update Re Intro

• edited August 2016
    Oh no, I'm so so sorry to see you back here :( Really hoping it will still be okay but I understand your concerns :(

ETA: I've had two mcs "in a row" but 10yrs apart and not mmc so I'm sorry I can't help more :(
  • Hugs to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so so sorry @TScalei! I had two MCs in a row - first in December and second in April. Your story sounds similar to mine for my second. I went in for an ultrasound, was measuring a week behind with no embryo or heartbeat. It took a couple weeks to confirm the MC, because in my case, the gestational sac was still growing even though the embryo was gone. It may take a while for you to MC naturally, so my advice would be to take your time and, if this is another MC, decide which route is best for you. The waiting can be torture, but you do have medical options. I chose to MC naturally, but I'm not sure I would do that over again. It took me a lot longer to bounce back emotionally, and we're still currently on the bench for TTC (for medical and emotional reasons). It's a huge blow, but things did eventually start feeling better after a couple months. So many hugs headed your way!!!
  • I am so sorry you are in limbo. I wish I had some advice to help but my subsequent were both chemicals so pretty decided for me. We are here if you need to cry or vent or just listen 
  • @RiverSong15- thank you very much. It really helps knowing someone went through something similar. Even though it sucks. ): I've already started cramping a bit so in a way I hope it is my body's way of naturally miscarrying if that's whats meant to happen. I would really prefer to miscarry naturally like I did last time but don't want to drag this out for weeks. 
  • roper2617roper2617 member
    edited August 2016
    @TScalei I'm so sorry to see you back here. 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• @tscalei i'm so sorry, I don't have experience with mmc but my heart goes out to you. FX for good news at your second ultrasound and we are here anytime.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • I am so incredibly sorry to see you are in limbo right now might be joining us back here. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Hugs.
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • No advice, but I am so sorry to see you back here. Lots of hugs.
    Me: 32 DH: 36
    Married 5/08
    BFP #1: 1/27/13 DS #1 born 10/16/13
    BFP #2: 1/20/16, ectopic discovered 1/23/16
    Surgery 1/23/16 to remove ruptured tube
    TTCAL 3/16
    BFP #3: 3/24/17 EDD 12/5/17
    DS #2 born 12/11/17

• I'm sorry you are in limbo. We're always here when and if you need us.
  • Thank you everyone for your kind words it truly means a lot right now. Knowing I have such a supportive group of women to return too is the silver lining in all of this. 
  • I'm so sorry you find yourself in this limbo! I hate it for you. I have gone  through this twice, and while it didn't have a happy ending for me, it seemed like many other women would go back to their follow up US and find a baby growing right on track, so do not give up hope. Crossing fingers and sending good vibes to you, but we are of course here if you need us.
  • @TScalei I am so sorry to see you back here and that you find yourself in limbo at the moment. I haven't had subsequent MC but I also had a MMC back in March and I know how heart breaking that was. I am keeping my FX that the dating was just off and everything will be fine.
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TScalei Sorry you are going through this.  It totally sucks!  I had 2 MC in a row, one d&c Oct 23, 2015 and then the other one was a natural miscarriage starting around June 30.  I'm still processing the whole situation and struggling to cope with it, but hopefully some of this helps you process?
    The first MC was measuring a week behind during my ultrasound and a week later had not grown.  It was a suspected molar pregnancy, which is why I had the d&c, but ended up being just a MMC.
    The second one was early on and I noticed a tiny spot of blood and betas were ordered.  The first number was low (although in the 'acceptable range') and the number 2 days later was half of the first.  It was devastating.  I didn't know how I was going to make it through having a natural MC and a second MC, especially with all of the hormones. 
    But since I had openly talked about this PG and MC to practically everyone and was open about what I was going through, I found it 'easier' to cope and move on.  But now, about 6 weeks later, I'm struggling heavily with depression.  
    I hope you don't have to go through this, but if you do, I hope you can find the support you need here!  

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Thinking about you today @TScalei, FX for your ultrasound.
  • Thank you for your kind words everyone it means so much. Unfortunately, I went for my ultrasound today and it was as I suspected, still no heartbeat and baby measuring smaller. Im feeling okay now it seems less of a shock this time I hope I continue to feel this way.  And it also feels good not to be in limbo anymore and just know 100% what is happening.

Did anyone opt for a D&c after a mc to see if they could do any sort of testing? I mc right after u/s discovered I had a blighted ovum last time so deciding what to have done is new for me.

Thanks again for all the kind words and support - knowing I am not alone helps so much and knowing I can join up again with you wonderful ladies is a small silver lining in all of this.
  • So sorry hun <3
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • @TScalei I did opt for a d&c so we could test. Considering this is your second I think they would recommend that to make sure there is nothing going on that would prompt needing testing for you and DH 
  • I am so sorry @TScalei :(
  • I'm so so sorry @tscalei :( This is awful. I did have a d&c after both my losses and had testing done the second time. It didn't show anything concrete, but I am still glad I did it. When you have a chance to process things, a repeat loss blood panel is worth having a talk to your doctor about. ((Hugs))