TTC After a Loss

Here are some things I have heard lately...just me ranting...

1) Yesterday I received a phone call from my OB office. They wanted to discuss payment options for my delivery. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I said "Are you serious?? I had a miscarriage." She apologized many times, but how hard is it to keep records straight?? I was in and out of that office for 3 weeks during the roughest experience of my life. I am sure somewhere on the papers it said what and when it happened.

2) Met with my best friend for lunch the other day and was confiding about the rough week I was having with dealing and coping. She says "Well, I hadn't checked on you because I thought you were doing better." 

3) I was talking to my grandma about some family drama and why I hadn't told certain people what I was going through. She says "well I almost told them that you THOUGHT you were pregnant."  That one word almost set me off completely. Seriously?? I had bruises on my arm from all the blood work taken that definitely proved otherwise.

4) Have you gotten this one? "Well I haven't brought it up because I didn't want to make you sad"

I know that some people just don't know what to say. And some people are nice enough to admit they have no idea what I am going through. But some people just should keep their mouths shut.

Thanks for reading...if you have something that someone told you that made your blood boil, please feel free to add      
Me: 34     DH:33
Married: March 2008
TTC: Jan 2016
BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
TTAL: Aug 2016

Re: Here are some things I have heard lately...just me ranting...

• Those are brutal; I'm so sorry :( The you "thought you were pg" is particularly obnoxious. I've definitely heard the "didn't want to make you sad". It's like, I'm sad all the damn time :(

I have a friend who says she can relate because of an abortion she had, even though she says she doesn't think she ever wants kids. That one pisses me off a fair bit tho I try to be understanding.

I've been feeling a bit upset lately that DH acts like it didn't happen but that's another bag o beans :/
  • I'm so sorry :( people have a way of saying some hurtful things sometimes. I always try to tell myself that no one means to intentionally hurt my feelings but that's hard sometimes. Here's my list:

1. "Well, at least you know you can get
    pregnant"...that doesn't make my loss any easier 
    2. "You can always have more"...but I wanted that baby
    3. I was confiding in a friend about a week after the loss (still having a pretty hard time) and she said "have you thought about seeing someone about this?". You don't tell people that have lost a grandparent a week after their death that if they're not over it that they should seek professional help (I do support professional assistance 100%). It just seemed like she thought I was crazy
    4. "At least you weren't that far along"...it's still my baby no matter how far alone I was
    5. One thing that was harder for me was that people seemed to care for about a week or so, but after that everyone else simply moved on while I hadn't. I told a few people at work and they cared, but it's just so isolating to walk around with this big secret while you're going through one of the hardest things of your life and pretending to be ok.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much for listening (reading). @rainbowturtles I am really sorry your DH is acting like that and as for your friend, that would piss me off too.

@carterh33 I have also gotten the first two...one was by my Dr. And I am sorry that your friend said that to you. You chose to confide in your friend...just simply because you needed to...you are not crazy. 
    Me: 34     DH:33
    Married: March 2008
    TTC: Jan 2016
    BFP: 6/9/2016.   MC: 6/20/2016
    TTAL: Aug 2016