August 2016 Moms

FFFC 8.12

It's almost the weekend! Let's hear those confessions! 

Re: FFFC 8.12

• Loading the player...
  • I have another one! I've been eating desert for breakfast everyday. We wake up at 11 because both DH and I work nights. I immediately eat a cookie or something and then have lunch an hour later. I've justified it as this pregnancy is almost over and then I have to go back to my medical diet so why not!
  • My confession is that I broke down and ugly cried this morning because I am still pregnant and baby is showing no signs of making her appearance.  So over being pregnant! When DH asked what was wrong, I couldn't bare to tell him. Luckily he's used to my irrational hormonal meltdowns,  so he didn't pry. 
  • @JournoGrl23 yay!! I'm glad your last day is tomorrow!! 
    Baby #1: Palmer Olivia - October 2014
    Baby #2: Emmeline Grey - August 2016
    Baby #3: BFP 9/7/18  |  EDD 05/24/19
  • @lotsofsunshine  I ugly cried when I read @Allisun85's birth story this morning!
    Oh my word! I just read it. I can't even imagine!
  • @LWC1112 My DH is the exact same. Our new floor has been in the process of being done since March. I too am grateful that he is able to do and that he works so hard, but I'm ready for it to just be done. Preferable before baby is here. 
  • @lotsofsunshine I've done that a couple times now! I'm right there with you.
  • i just ate a spicy burrito see if that triggers labor 
  • My 5 year old DD is way harder to take care of than my 3 day old DS. 

She's driving me mad. 
    Omg I'm in the same boat with DS1 who will be 5 on the 19th. Plus he just started kindergarten and of course he gets sick the 1st day! Now we are all getting it  :#
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • mksfav said:
    DH picked up my stepson the other day, come to find out he has a massive cold....which I have now contracted. It's taking all my will power not to throat punch DH seeing as he knew about this cold and picked him up anyway. I can only pray I don't go into labor while this thing is raging. Sadly, I find myself fantasizing about smothering him with a pillow as he snores the night away and I lay awake unable to breathe, getting up to pee every 30 minutes, hips throbbing. How does he not think about these things?????
    I caught my son's cold (he actually had croup) the week I went into labor. Any time I coughed after delivering A it was sooo painful!
  • @Allisun85 I asked the nurse for a paci the second night as well...  LO had horrible gas and was so uncomfortable, she was cluster feeding for hours and I figured she was just nursing for comfort, and neither of us were sleeping.  Once I gave her the paci she settled right down and slept for 3 hours.  No changes in her ability to nurse.
  • @texasmama2014 @lotsofsunshine, I'm sorry! I did put a thread warning before everything stopped being rainbows!
    Also, I apologize for the typos. I typed all that on my tablet while holding Oliver. And between the painkillers and the stress I'm admitting I am quasi coherent at best. It helped to share it. 
    I think Dh needs to talk to someone - he can't talk about it without crying. He's not a crier. 

I had packed one of the pacifiers we got in a baby event goody bag "just in case" 

The lactation consultant came by to help us stay on track and saw the plug. It was like we"d gone to the dark side. Side note, we're doing excellent so far learning to breast feed. 

• @Allisun85 We've used one since day four of life with no issues nursing. It was much needed to save the nips. 
  • With DS1 I was guilted into not using one for the first week or so and my nipples took a beating. This time, I told them from the start that he was allowed to have a paci, and it's been significantly better. No guilt here! 

• The LC guilted me about not using a pacing on DD either and said it in front of DH. And now he is anti-paci and was upset I suggested one for her during our cluster feeding episode last night. After DH dozed off during my last feeding, I have her the paci so I could go to sleep. I'm also in camp #savethenipples 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• I'm not breastfeeding but I could only imagine because G definitely sucks to soothe himself. It's crazy how different he is from DD. I was fairly convinced they were gonna be just alike in the newborn stage. Swaddles and pacifiers for the win!
  • Pacifiers saved me with DD. 100% bringing a couple different types to the hospital.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @bananers I totally think you're right.
    And I'm sorry but when my nipples feel like they are going to fall off and my newborn is clearly frustrated I'm going to use the pacifier.

I will say that an LC told me that the first few days when he's cluster feeding it's to trigger your body to bring the milk in. I could understand not wanting people to use them then if it really does help. But just like everyone else my milk came in 3-4 days later (overnight in between the 3/4 day). I was quite irritated with the input from the LCs on that one. Yeaaaah I can't have my boob in this kids mouth 24/7 that's a bit unrealistic, however he is welcome to have a pacifier and soothe himself.
  • Adding a vote to Team Paci. With DS1 the hospital warned us on the tour that they don't provide them bc they are BF-friendly, etc. So we brought our own. I was so glad I did bc LO wanted to cluster feed for hours and my nipples were chapped and bleeding. (Thinking of your DH, @midwestbaby --easy for men to be against it when it's
    not their bleeding nips!) We went on to successfully EBF for a year. I will definitely be doing it again with this LO.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm insanely jealous of those of you with babies that will take a paci. Ours fights us on them and then spits them out. My MIL brought us a few other brands last night, so we're going to try them today and hopefully find one he likes. 
  • We also tried to avoid the paci. I wanted to make sure she was back at birth weight. But after our checkup 2 days after leaving the hospital, when she had already gained some weight, we started using one at night. Any extra minutes I can sleep are worth it

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017