Infertility
Options

Let's Discuss Endometriosis

So during my laparoscopy, it was found that I have stage 4 endometriosis. Shocking to my RE and myself as I didn't have any symptoms. I'm only Lupron Depot injections for at least the next six months and will have at least two more surgeries. I haven't had my follow up with my RE yet, scheduled for Wednesday, but while talking to my husband he told him we have at least a year before we can try again and then we should have no issues getting pregnant. 

What has been y'alls experience with endometriosis, lupron injections and surgery?

Re: Let's Discuss Endometriosis

• Options
    Hi @MMD1986 I'm sorry I don't really have any experience with endo, lupron injections (other than what I took once as a trigger), or surgery.  I hope everything you're going through though helps to resolve your issues.  I'm curious though, what made you decide to have laparoscopy if you didn't have any symptoms?  I've questioned my obgyn about the possibility of endo in the past and he said we'd want to be pretty sure with the symptoms before deciding to cut me open because of course that's risky and not something I'd want to do if I didn't have good reason to think that's what's really going on.  Sending you good thoughts and hope you get some answers on Wed!

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    My ovaries were adhered together, which the doctor could see from the ultrasounds. So after two failed IUIs he thought surgery to separate them would help me get pregnant. Even though I did get completely put out for surgery it really wasn't that bad. I barely needed pain medicine and only needed two days off of work (surgery day and the day after because I wasn't allowed to drive for 24 hours).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MMD1986 Wow... Did that cause you pain with them being adhered together like that?  I'm glad it didn't cause you much pain after.

Me: 35 DH: 41, Married since 2009

TTC since June 2012

Aug. 2012: CP

2013 Several cycles of TI with Clomid = BFN

Feb. 2014: IUI = BFN

June 2014: IUI w/Clomid = BFN

Jul. 2014: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN

Apr. 2016: Consult to begin IVF

May 2016 TI w/Follistim and Ovidrel = BFN

Jul. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Vitamin D, COQ10, DHEA, Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, Novarel, Leuprolide Acetate: 21 eggs retrieved, (10 w/ ICSI, 11 w/conv. IVF) 13 fertilized

Jul. 2016: Endometrin, Fresh Transfer 2AB = CP

7 frozen

Oct. 2016: BCPs, baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA = CP

6 frozen

Nov. 2016: Hospitalized for small bowel obstruction

Mar. 2017: Diagnostic Laparoscopy = Twist found in intestine - part of small intestine, part of colon, and appendix removed, bowel resection - caused by Endometriosis

May 2017: 3.75 Lupron Depot

June 2017: FET postponed due to complex cysts in breasts

June 2017: Endometrial scratch

Jul. 2017: Baby aspirin, Estradiol, PIO, FET 4AA (lost 1 4AA in thaw) = CP

4 frozen

Sept. 2017: ERA testing

Oct. 2017: Breast cysts biopsied

Dec. 2017: FET

• Options
    Not at all.  
  • Options
    @MMD1986 why are you not allowed to try for a year? I just had laproscopic surgery for endometriosis a few weeks ago and I'm currently in a round of IVF (retrival on Sunday). She went in not knowing if I had it, turns out I did, so she did the ablation to eek or it all.
    I was on BCP prior to the surgery and then continued them for a week afterwards while I healed. Then I jumped into IVF medicines. Lupron was added this round, 20 units 2x/day. My past rounds, I didn't use Lupron. 

I wasn't told a stage, but she said it was pretty bad; she was shocked how much I had. 

What are your doctors concerns with trying again after the surgery? I don't know your specific situation, but that seems very long. 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Options
    My doctor told my husband a year, I didn't get to talk to him after surgery so can get more info when I go to my post-op appointment. I think the year came from the timing of the next two surgeries since they couldn't remove all the endometriosis and the fact that the Lupron is basically putting me in menapause while I'm on it (for the next six months at least).  I also think the next surgery is a lot bigger and will require a hospital stay, so maybe they just want to give my body time to heal. While it sucks, I'm okay with the time line. I'm pretty young (30) so having to wait isn't the end of the world. 

Good luck on your IVF! Fingers crossed for you. 
  • Options
    I've had 8 surgeries so far for my endo and was on Lupton for about a year in between a couple of the surgeries. We have been TTC for almost 2 years now and are on our last IUI cycle. If this one doesn't work, we will move on to IVF. FX that you're able to get KU after your final surgery like your doc said!
    ***TW***

Me: 27, Endometriosis
    DH: 30
    Married: 06/2012
    TTC #1 since 09/2014
    10/2015 1st IUI BFN (Gonal-F & Ovidrel)
    07/2016 2nd IUI BFN (Femara, Gonal-F, Ovidrel & Progesterone)
    08/2016 3rd IUI  BFN (Femara, Gonal-F, Ovidrel & Progesterone)
    Planned IVF in Summer 2017
    Surprise BFP 11/28/16: Beta 1 - 2311, Beta 2 - 6049; EDD 8/4/17