Infertility
Options

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hey, ladies. My name is Sam and I have been TTC for 6 months. I went to Shady Grove 2 months TTC  due to a long history surgeries on ovarian cysts. I found out that at the ripe ol' age of 29 (30 in 3 days) that I have "dying eggs". My FSH level was 9.6 (slightly abnormal) and my AMH was 0.8. DH is slightly below average for morphology. Due to those circumstances, I had my first IUI with Chlomid on 6/28.  I am currently experiencing that wonderful 2WW; it's pretty much the most fun ever. As my legs were in the stirrups to have the IUI procedure, the doctor told me that DH's sperm count after the wash was 1.6 million, which is basically nothing. So my hopes, dreams and 25% chance of pregnancy went down the drain and immediately put what was excitement in the air to an immediate downer.

I was put on estrogen for a slightly thinner than usual uterine lining and progesterone suppositories. The suppositories made me so sick and crampy that I vomited every night and dealt with nausea. I was then switched to the progesterone cream that is injected vaginally and I am not so sick anymore.

I am currently 13 DPO experiencing nausea (light amounts to very little), light headedness, incredibly sore breasts, almost stabbing like nipple pain but I've had sore breasts since taking the progesterone. It's only been the last week or so that I've had the more intense breast pain. My cervix was low and hard up until 4 days ago (10 DPO) but for the last 3 days it has been hard and incredibly high.  I took a HPT at 12 DPO and it was a BFN.

The cervix position is stumping me. I wish so desperately to be pregnant that every single symptom I have I over analyze to the T.  I doubt that I am pregnant, so much so that I called SG to put in for an IVF next round.

Anyone have any experience on cervix position while on progesterone supplements?

Thanks, all. I am looking forward to getting to know you all.

Re: Allow me to introduce myself...

• Options
    @silverlining Welcome to the boards and I hope your stay is short!! Sorry to hear that you were blindsided with news about your dh's sperm count mid-iui...as if the process isn't stressful enough!! 

I also go to SG!! Where do you live? 
  • Options

I live in Annapolis, you?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Columbia! so not too far!
  • Options
    That's not too far! About 30 minutes! How has your experience been with SG? I find that they are incredibly knowledgeable but some days I feel like a sheep being herded through the process. I get my bloodwork for HCG tomorrow, I doubt it will be positive but I'll be 30 on Sunday and DH's birthday is next Thursday, so I'd really like this birthday present!
  • Options
    Omg happy birthday!! I will send positive vibes your way for an epic bday present!!

i have really enjoyed working with the staff at the Columbia office. The techs and nurses and our re are incredible, plus the Columbia office is a bit smaller, so I feel a little less like one of many. I am frustrated often though that Columbia isn't open on the weekends, and I totally get what you mean about feeling herded--the big offices are pretty overwhelming!! Plus I get like a zillion different opinions on everything going from office to office. 
  • Options
    Just got the call from SG. I'm not pregnant. Even though I didn't think I was I am still devistated. 
  • Options
    @silverlining Welcome to the board. I am so sorry that you're here, so so sorry to hear about your struggles. Also very sorry about your negative! I completely understand getting your hopes up against all odds. It's no fun at all. :-/

I've not experienced what you have, but I know there are lots of women on here who do. And I can send you lots of positive thoughts and prayers for your journey ahead. So please join in!
  • Options
    @silverlining hi there, welcome!  So sorry to hear of your struggles.  I hope you are able to find your "silver lining" despite the disappointment of this cycle.  At least now you could celebrate your birthday with wine!  Or eat sushi!  Or goat cheese.  Or do any number of bad things that you couldn't do if you were pregnant
  • Options
    Hello! I'm new here too. So sorry about your disappointing news :( DH and I are maybe about to start the testing process and equal parts looking forward to and dreading seeing the results. Drink lots of tequila and I hope things start looking up for you soon!
  • Options
    @Silverlining sorry to hear about your bfn. :( what are next steps looking like for you? Sending hugs!
  • Options
    The next step is IVF. I have infertility insurance through work so I have two chances to make this work before I use up the coverage. 
  • Options

Hello there! Just dropping by to say Hi, and I'm sorry you're going through all of this... I'm 27 and my FSH was also 9.7, haven't had an AMH done yet.... I'm currently on my first round of TI and clomid... I had a chemical pregnancy 2months ago and was on progesterone suppositories for it, so I know how that goes... I'm not sure I ever checked cervical position though. Sorry I cant help more, but I'm here to talk if you need a friend! :)