Trouble TTC

New here- advice wanted! (Child mentioned)

edited August 2016 in Trouble TTC
Hi everyone, I'm new here. it took me ten months to get pregnant with baby number 1 who is now 17 months old. I'm really eager for number 2 and have been trying for about a year. I am getting super frustrated because my cycles are not nearly as regular as they use to be, so I keep having cycles where my period will be many days late and getting all excited, only for a huge crash when my period finally does show up. My babe still breastfeeds, and while I know that's probably affecting things, I'm just not eager to be done and neither is he. My question is for advice about ways to track ovulation or increase odds. I'm been using ovulation test strips and using preseed, but what else could I be doing? Thanks for your support. I know many have been trying a lot longer than me, and I was successful last time around after 10 months, but I'm just so disheartened right now. I'm current on day 32 of my (usual 28 day) cycle and got a negative test today, so feeling really blue.

Re: New here- advice wanted! (Child mentioned)

• Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble and about your BFN. Those are rough. Are you temping to confirm ovulation? I know that many of the ladies on TTGP (and possibly here, too. I'm still new to this board, but I've been on the TTGP board for about a year.) temp along with OPKs and log the information into the Fertility Friend app to track ovulation. Using the two together has helped me to pinpoint ovulation and time intercourse accordingly. Also once you've been tracking a couple of cycles, you'll know how long your LP tends to be so that you can more accurately predict when your period should start or when you should test. Best of luck to you!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Welcome! I'm so sorry for your frustration, and that you find yourself here. I second @pretzel2plus1's advice on the temping. Have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? It's highly recommended by lots of people on The Bump, and it gives really good advice on how to track your cycles. Since you're nursing, I know that can make your cycles irregular. I think the book even covers how to track your cycles while nursing. Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • ***children mentioned ****
    Welcome, I would suggest temping and charting if you're not already doing that.  Breastfeeding effects both estrogen and progesterone both of which are needed to achieve a healthy pregnancy, and as you probably know breastfeeding can delay ovulation or prevent it all together.  My RE refused to even talk about us trying for another as long as I was breastfeeding my twins even though I am very regular.

That being said, continue nursing as long as you want, just trying NFP techniques.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN