September 2015 Moms

Teething help!

Im not vey active on here, just pop on every once in awhile so I'm sure there's already been talk of this but was wondering what the best thing to do for teething is? Any certain product you've all use that you like or recommend? I've tried infant Tylenol but doesn't seem to do anything. Thank you in advance! 

Re: Teething help!

• Unfortunately after 8 teeth (and 9th on the way) nothing has been a miracle cure for teething. I definitely see ibuprofen seems to work better than Tylenol on really bad days. Teething tablets and oragel are okay for soothing in the middle of the night (basically it works so quickly but wears off so fast that middle of the night is the only time either is all that helpful) cold or warm wet washcloth to chew on, depending on Lo's preference- mine always preferred it warm. 
  • @shelbydd thank you! This is only my daughters 3rd tooth and she's been extra fussy. Just wondered what has worked for everyone else.
  • Loading the player...
  • I put an ice cube in a small towel and secure it with a rubber band, get it a little damp and my daughter loves it!!! 
  • Definitely switch from Tylenol to Motrin.  It's much better for teething pain and lasts longer.  Once LO hits 6 months ibuprofin is fine. 
  • Have you tried Ashton's & Parsons teething powders, ladies? They're herbal, really help; especially at night. Just pour them in your LO's mouth, and make sure no drinks for about 20 mins after.

Really effective, and I've tried all sorts, believe me. This little dude's been teething for what seems like forever. 

Hope you find some relief for your little one's. It's awful seeing them suffer through this teething process. 
  • I second switching from tylenol to motrin. I also fill those silicone self feeders with water and freeze them. My daughter loves chewing one them and her fussiness stops as soon as I give her one.