December 2016 Moms

TW Tuesday

dmontgodmontgo member
edited August 2016 in December 2016 Moms
Didn't see this thread or Monday Bitchfest, so starting.

Who are the twat  waffles in your life this week?

Re: TW Tuesday

• As usual, my boss. I get an e-mail from him this morning demanding to know how I got a login to our error-reporting system. He has one, which I use, as does my counterpart. I had one, it just wasn't activated. He told me the CEO didn't want me to have one (which is BS because I got the login it just wasn't activated!) Well, last week they activated it. So, sorry boss-man, looks like I'm not reporting any more issues on your behalf (and even when I did I always made sure to put my name in there).

Squish is also a TW today because I keep getting kicked in my pelvis. Not like I need my pelvis or anything, kid.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My mood is my TW. Seriously I can't get out of this funk. I just want to cry and sleep then wake up and maybe eat something and then cry and sleep again. I don't know why work frowns upon this.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • Not being able to catch a break with our furbabies =(

We lost our furbaby Wiley to cancer just two weeks ago. Our other furbaby Rusty has been pretty depressed since then, so we're in the process of adopting another dog. I was woken up at 2:30am, by what I thought was Rusty scratching. But after several seconds, I realized he wasn't scratching and something was wrong. I yelled to wake up DH, and he turned the lights on. Rusty was having a seizure. He's never had ANY health issues before. It was so freaking scary...like it gave me flash backs of watching our Wiley die just two weeks ago. It only lasted about a minute, and we rushed him to the emergency vet. They said he was stable, we should do blood work to rule out anything underlying illnesses...but otherwise all we really can do is wait and see if it happens again. He could be epileptic...or it could just be a one time fluke....

I'm not a religious person, I don't believe in god...so it's not like I'm sitting here yelling at god asking what the hell he wants from me. More like, jeeze universe, I'm a good person...can't I catch a break? The last year, year and a half, has just not been awesome for us. My husband and I actually separated for most of last year...and we've since worked things out...which was great! Then our dog got cancer....then he went in remission, which was great! Then we got pregnant, and found out we're having twins, great! Then his cancer came back...then he died....now our other baby had a seizure. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LinziLoo09 I'm so sorry you're feeling bad.  Is anything in particular bothering you, or are you just feeling blah?

@brittnic86 :( This is the first I'm hearing that Wiley passed. I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is the worst. I hope your other pup is okay. I had a dog with epilepsy, and she lived a good life after she started taking meds. Hopefully the same is true for your dog.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• @brittnic86 My dog used to have seizures, maybe one every couple of months. Of course by the time you got him to the vet, he was stable and there was nothing they could do. Interestingly enough, the seizures stopped once we got our younger dog. I don't know if it was the companionship or the extra exercise from playing, but he hasn't had a seizure in five years now. Pretty awesome for a 14 year old dog. Hopefully they'll lighten up one you get a new pup.

And again, I'm so sorry about you losing Wiley. That's so hard to deal with.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • @cjt121413 - Thanks for checking! I had posted it in randoms - there's really nothing going on. DH had snapped at me earlier, and my hormonal self burst into tears about it. Now I've got one of those mood hangovers, where you just feel like you could cry at any moment for no reason. And I'm super sleepy, which isn't helping the mood. Oh pregnancy hormones, thank you for making me a crazy person. 
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • @cjt121413 - Thanks for checking! I had posted it in randoms - there's really nothing going on. DH had snapped at me earlier, and my hormonal self burst into tears about it. Now I've got one of those mood hangovers, where you just feel like you could cry at any moment for no reason. And I'm super sleepy, which isn't helping the mood. Oh pregnancy hormones, thank you for making me a crazy person. 
    I feel for you. Kind of in the same boat. I'm so grateful to be pregnant, but if time could fast forward right now, that'd be great. I don't love the high-jacking of my body and emotions thing.

Me: 33     H: 36

Married: 12/14/13   DS: 1/29/09

BFP2: 10/9/15  MMC: 11/12/15

BFP3: 4/6/16   DD: 12/12/16

• @LinziLoo09 @cjt121413 Thank you =( I know I had mentioned in a few posts that his cancer had come back. He declined so quickly...not even a full month after we found out the cancer came back, he was gone. Even his last week was so touch and go...he'd have moments when we thought maybe he'd still be okay for a while...then he started declining, and within a day of us saying maybe it was time, he went on his own. Of course I heard him panting, and woke up just in time to see him take his last breath. It was awful...

I know it's only been two weeks since he died, but we knew long before he went that we would need to get a friend for Rusty. He's never been alone, we got him when he was just 6 weeks old. Wiley was his alpha, his best friend, his brother. I asked the vet if stressed could've caused the seizure...she said maybe it triggered it...but it wouldn't be the actual cause. I just hope it's nothing worse than epilepsy. I seriously sat in the same room they told me that Wiley had cancer in, thinking that I really can't do this again...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The ultrasound tech who did my anatomy scan this morning.

We were 10 minutes late, which I absolutely acknowledged and apologized for, letting the woman at the desk know that I had attempted to call several times and received no answer. The tech called us back and didn't even say good morning; literally just asked if my bladder was full, then didn't acknowledge DH or DS at all. Didn't talk to us at all during the scan-I realize she had a job to do, but Ezra was excited and asking questions and she didn't even acknowledge him. Ultrasounds are honestly a trigger for me due to my past miscarriages and this just brought it all bubbling to the surface.
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • KatBHKatBH member
    edited August 2016
    Not being able to catch a break with our furbabies =(

We lost our furbaby Wiley to cancer just two weeks ago. Our other furbaby Rusty has been pretty depressed since then, so we're in the process of adopting another dog. I was woken up at 2:30am, by what I thought was Rusty scratching. But after several seconds, I realized he wasn't scratching and something was wrong. I yelled to wake up DH, and he turned the lights on. Rusty was having a seizure. He's never had ANY health issues before. It was so freaking scary...like it gave me flash backs of watching our Wiley die just two weeks ago. It only lasted about a minute, and we rushed him to the emergency vet. They said he was stable, we should do blood work to rule out anything underlying illnesses...but otherwise all we really can do is wait and see if it happens again. He could be epileptic...or it could just be a one time fluke....

I'm not a religious person, I don't believe in god...so it's not like I'm sitting here yelling at god asking what the hell he wants from me. More like, jeeze universe, I'm a good person...can't I catch a break? The last year, year and a half, has just not been awesome for us. My husband and I actually separated for most of last year...and we've since worked things out...which was great! Then our dog got cancer....then he went in remission, which was great! Then we got pregnant, and found out we're having twins, great! Then his cancer came back...then he died....now our other baby had a seizure. Ugh.
    So sorry to hear about your pups.  Our older dog started getting seizures about 7 years ago. It wasn't frequent, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but always super scary. We switched his food from a basic grocery store food to a more premium brand and he hasn't had one since (about 5 years!).   I think it's all of the preservatives that they use. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but during the seizure the only advice I have is to keep him close so he doesn't fall and hurt himself, and try to get him to drink a little water. He probably won't be able to, but we would also rub some water on his gums. Good luck!
  • @LinziLoo09 I could have written your exact same post myself. I am so tired and emotions are completely on edge. Pregnancy hormones + insomnia are not a good combination. 

it also doesn't help that my DH is leaving for a work trip today and won't be back for a week. 
  • KatBH said:
    So sorry to hear about your pups.  Our older dog started getting seizures about 7 years ago. It wasn't frequent, maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but always super scary. We switched his food from a basic grocery store food to a more premium brand and he hasn't had one since (about 5 years!).   I think it's all of the preservatives that they use. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, but during the seizure the only advice I have is to keep him close so he doesn't fall and hurt himself, and try to get him to drink a little water. He probably won't be able to, but we would also rub some water on his gums. Good luck!
    I second this.  I have had several friends who had issues with their dog having seizures while on Purina food.  Once they switched the seizures stopped.  Hope that it was a one time thing or something with an easy fix.  Sick puppies are very sad to deal with! 
  • @LinziLoo09 I'm so sorry you are in a funk! I too have been feeling a lot more sensitive to the normal life stress lately and I'm over it.  These hormones can suck it.  

@brittnic86  I'm so sorry about your puppies! Sending non-creepy internet hugs! 

My TW is both the universe and my round ligaments.  The universe because it has suddenly decided to throw us about a million unexpected expenses and that is stressing me out.  

My ligaments because I think little dude is having a growth spurt and everything in my lower abdomen has just been pulling and sore for the last day or so, and I slept horribly.  Every  little turn would wake me up with a shooting pain and then it would just settle back into the dull ache.  
  • KatBH said:
    I second this.  I have had several friends who had issues with their dog having seizures while on Purina food.  Once they switched the seizures stopped.  Hope that it was a one time thing or something with an easy fix.  Sick puppies are very sad to deal with! 

Yeah I know about Purina...we feed them Iams, their whole lives, except for a brief period. We did have them on an expensive grain free food for a few months, hoping it would help with Wiley's cancer. But switched back when there was nothing left for us to do for Wiley, because $140 a month for food, with twins on the way, was too much.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Fauxpa said:
    My TW is both the universe and my round ligaments.  The universe because it has suddenly decided to throw us about a million unexpected expenses and that is stressing me out.  

My ligaments because I think little dude is having a growth spurt and everything in my lower abdomen has just been pulling and sore for the last day or so, and I slept horribly.  Every  little turn would wake me up with a shooting pain and then it would just settle back into the dull ache.  
    @fauxpa I'm sorry you are dealing with this! I was 20w last week and had the same issue but it is better this week so hope that gives you comfort.

@brittnic86 so sorry about your puppies. hugs!
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• @brittnic86, One thing I found helped my dogs with good nutrition, is 1 day a week they got canned/wet dog food. I could get a pack of 12(?) for like $10 and that lasted my 2 for several weeks. It really helped with some minor issues they had, like dull fur, shedding all year, and I  *think* helped clean their teeth.    I am sorry about Wiley. It is never easy to lose a fur baby. I had to put my Sadie down 2+ years ago, and there are times I still cry from missing her. I did find a great tribute to dogs. I'll see if I can find a link for you.

@LinziLoo09 Any type of hangover is bad, but emotional ones can really drain you. I'm sorry that happened so early in the day. Maybe find something exciting to do on Lunch/break/drive home. For me I know that when I would stop and get a candy bar/pop It would help so I wasn't so out of sorts at home.

My TW is house cleaning. I'm not allowed to really do anything but like pick up the trash. Well the only thing that entertains L most of the day is to empty everything out of every shelve and drawer he can reach. Its driving me crazy, but I can't justify spending 2-3 hrs picking up things while he is napping. 

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @brittnic86 I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of Wiley. I have two dogs, and I can't even imagine what you've been going through, especially with the other one now having a seizure. I also had a dog who suffered from seizures before, but yeah, there are definitely medications that can help, so hopefully they will for your dog. Like someone else said, it could've been triggered by losing his buddy, and getting a new puppy might help him. I know that once we had to keep our two dogs in separate places for a few weeks, and they both were definitely depressed about it. 
  • @Lisa3379 we're really hoping it's just stress, and a one time thing. We got Rusty when Wiley was 1.5 years old, because he was sad when my sister's dog moved out. He's never been alone, and he was there when Wiley died, so I think he kind of understood. He's usually a high energy (yellow lab/golden retriever) guy, and he's mostly been moping around the house and yard. He's not even 3 yet....we lost Wiley when he was only 4....way too young....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Kate08Young I decided to head out a little early and finish my day at home. I'm much happier and more productive in my pajamas, surrounded by dogs, anyhow. Fortunately nobody is in the office this week, so it was a good day to do it. And I think my mood will substantially improve as I get closer to watching some trash tv and Olympics tonight... :) Thanks to all of you for the support!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • My TW is my principal. I suggested a conference in Palm Springs for October. Guess who doesn't get to go even though she is the one who brought it up and wanted to go?

And then I find out today that I'm only teaching 4 sections of Earth Science and 1 of Biology and no Chemistry like I was originally told. And was told " she wants to make this year easy on you." Seriously? I'm not stupid or and injured or an anyway an any condition that keeps me from teaching what I always teach. I really feel like I'm being discriminated against because I'm pregnant. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @brittnic86 I'm so sorry about your pups. It's hard losing fur babies. I hope this seizure was a one time thing, but if it is epilepsy it is controllable with meds. I would also suggest not getting another fur baby until you and your DH are ready. Take the time you need to heal. But if getting another pup will help with that, go for it!

@dmontgo I'm the same way, so it's not just you. My child will not be Mommy's Hunk or Daddy's Wingman (I'm getting all boy clothes now from my cousin so I can't think of girl equivalents off the top of my head). Daddy's princess yes, only because Sarah means princess in Hebrew, for a girl. All Star yes, only because DH and I like sports. Thankfully my friends are on the same page I am so they will steer clear of stuff like that.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• penelope4612penelope4612 member
    edited August 2016
    @brittnic86 - I'm sorry your dog isn't doing well.  I hope you guys are able to figure it out.  I'm sure it's scary, especially after so soon after losing your other dog.

@LinziLoo09 - I'm sorry you're having a tough day emotions wise.  Hang in there!

I don't know who to blame for this, but my schedule for the next 2 days is a TW.  I literally have 1/2 hour free for lunch on both days and am otherwise totally booked with appointments/meetings from 9am - 6pm both days.  Every time I go away and this happens, I always feel conflicted about whether it's even worth going on vacation if everything the week before and the week after is a nightmare.
  • @ErikandAfton That is some serious BS. Why are you not teaching your regular classes? There has to be a legitimate excuse or you can easily go to the district and get it fixed. 
            Also If you are interested I would love to get some Earth Science labs if you have any.

• @Kate08Young
    Technically I've taught all 3 courses before and was originally told I am teaching them all again this year, however now she has changed her mind. It's one of those situations that I'm not planning on going back next year because of all the things that have been happening, not even just related to me.

I don't do too many labs because my Earth Science students are freshman and can't handle labs! However I do have a few I've done. I'll pm you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @ErikandAfton Thank you!!!
    Administration is a pain to deal with usually. I am lucky to have the guys I do right now.

The only excuse I can think of, for you not teaching your regular classes is that you don't have the right certificates. Unless there just isn't interest in the chem class. 

• My TW is me. More specifically my MS. I scheduled a semi-emergency dental cleaning for 11 am tomorrow because with all the throwing up I've been doing, I can't imagine the acid is helping my teeth at all. Not really an emergency other than the fact that I'm freaked out all my teeth are gonna fall out, no big deal. 
  • @ashleaf2018 Aw, still? Here's hoping it calms down EVENTUALLY. :/ Do you rinse your mouth out after you throw up? (Okay, that's a dumb question. Who doesn't rinse their mouth out after they puke?) Not a dental expert, but I'm assuming it helps somewhat if the acid isn't sitting on your teeth.
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • @PensiveCrayon Yes! I rinse my mouth out as soon as I can and wait a little bit to brush my teeth afterwards, but I do brush afterwards every time I've thrown up. I called my OB about it and she is prescribing Nexium. Here's hoping that works since the Diclegis, diet change, and everything else I've done has not really helped. I know some people really do deal with this all pregnancy, and I guess I may be one of them, but I seriously thought it would start to die down after first tri. :(
  • @ashleaf2018 Ugh! I'm so sorry that you are still dealing with MS so badly.  Do you use one of the fluoride mouthwashes? My dentist recommended that when my MS was at its worst.  He said it really does help keep acid from wearing away your enamel, and then to wait quite a while afterwards to brush to not grind in any residual acid. 

I hope you start feeling better soon!
  • @Fauxpa I don't usually do a mouthwash because they really dry my mouth out, but I'll ask my dentist for recommendations tomorrow. Gotta take care of the teeth, we really only get one set and I'm way too young for dentures! Lol
  • @brittnic86 one of my dogs had a really bad seizure a month after I adopted her. It was so bad her pointy ears turned into floppy ears for 4 months, then they got pointy again. She has only had 1 seizure since then which was 5 years ago. Both were definitely caused by stress. The first was right after the first little "fight" she had with my other dog and was in trouble. The second was when we tried to get her in the bath and she was deathly scared. She's never needed medicine and two different vets have said it was only due to stress. So now we just don't bathe her unless it's critical and try to keep that low stress. I know it could pop back up at any time, but it's been 5 years. 

@ashleaf2018 definitely rinse after puking. It may help to use a basic compound mixes it to neutralize the acid, but ask your dentist what they recommend. I had a horrible go round my first pregnancy and ended up with 8 cavities over the 6 months after the baby was born. My dentist said it was 100% due to the pregnancy  (basically the acid wore off so much enamel my teeth don't stand a chance). I had a prescription mouthwash during last pregnancy to fight the acid and for a year after to try to rebuild enamel. I still get at least 1 cavity each check up no matter how anal I am with hygiene. It sucks. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Austenista  Austenista member
    edited August 2016
    wrong thread. Moving it

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caseyewhitaker Did you mean to post this on the other thread, or would you like to talk about it more on this thread? The other thread mentions inner child healing, which is why I'm asking. I can respond on either one!
  • @dmontgo I'm on my phone so I must have picked the wrong thread. Want me to move it?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caseyewhitaker It's up to you! Wherever you feel most comfortable talking about it is where I'll post my response. :)

• I almost said, grams, they don't tell us to smoke anymore during pregnancy, so I imagine I look fatter than you did, but I bit my tongue because she's too old to be schooled.
    omg I wish you did say that, would have been completely deserved, even coming from a grandma who has lost her filter with age. so not okay to comment on anyone's size, especially pregnancy!

my TW is my daughter's school.  I know some of you are teachers, so maybe you can offer me some perspective.  DD1 is the only one in our group of friends who did not get one of her teacher requests.  I know this is total first world problems (teacher requests didn't exist when I went to elementary!) but still it means all her friends ended up with this amazing teacher, and she got stuck not knowing a single person in a class of 29!  seriously there are 29 kids crammed into a regular size classroom and the teacher was telling me how "wonderful" it will be since she has 2 teachers (I guess so they can still claim the 18:1 ratio).  she's such a great kid and so well behaved I am very concerned that this amount of chaos will take away from a challenging academic environment and she won't be pushed to excel.  i'm giving it a week before I call the school and complain, if I even have a basis for it.