TheJeriluTheJerilu member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Weird, delicious, bizarre, share it.

BabyFruit Ticker
Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11

Re: What My Pregnant Self Is Eating - Week of 8/8

• Options
    Currently eating HNC and now Sour Patch Kids to curb the nausea.

Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So much for eating less sugar... my sweet tooth is real!  I just downed a bag of TJ's (lightly) candied walnuts... which I guess is better than the sea salt brownies I was also eyeing. 
  • Options
    Not what I'm eating but what I'm craving, does that count? I just texted my husband that baby would be so happy with some Thai food! Now it's literally all I can think about. Nowhere in town to get it for lunch so i told him we were getting creative and making our own for dinner!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had been eating so healthy this week, but last night I was craving a cheeseburger. I inhaled it...and shortly thereafter experienced my first dose of heartburn.
  • Options
    bwobwo member
    I've had two strawberry milkshakes in the past 24 hrs.  And I think this is the first time I've ever ordered a strawberry one. 
    Me & DH: 34 - Married 2011
    DS: 10-9-14
    MC: 9-4-16

• Options
    I had some delicious linguine in vodka sauce leftovers for lunch...then it made it's way back up so I guess saltines for dinner. :(

I was craving some flautas from Chevy's before but perhaps I'll wait until I'm not feeling so pukey.
    kristine!  B)

me: 33, Factor V Leiden, MTHFR + hubs: 37
    BFP #1: 9/25/14 -- EDD: 6/4/15
    Jesse, our baby boy: 2/25/15 @ 25.6 weeks, 2lbs 2oz & 13.5 inches. spent 66 days in the NICU. <3
    BFP #2: 7/29/16 -- EDD: 3/30/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    baby #2 on the way. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ginger hard candies. Stomach is rolling :( and I'm trying to make it to the gym after work...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Options
    I am craving Chinese food so badly right now!!!!!! First craving. Going nuts!
  • Options
    Half of a pizza last night (veggies only though, cause meat makes me feel pukey), and Mike and Ikes currently.  A few things in between those too. :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've just been eating lots of crackers this afternoon!  Have no idea what to make for dinner, nothing sounds good right now! 
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hummus.  But I HAVE to make it myself.  With roasted red pepper cream on top and feta cheese.  Sometimes black olives too.  I was good and ate it with cucumbers instead of pita chips though. 
    **TW kids and loss mentioned**

-- DS 3.8.14
    -- MC 9.22.16 at 8 wks

• Options
    I just made mac and cheese, Kraft spirals. It was everything I hoped for. 

• Options
    Trying to be good about eating protein but really all I want is carbs. I'm pretty sure we're having spaghetti tonight even though it's my turn to do bath time. I usually wait for anything particularly messy until it's DH's turn. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    STM2017 said:
    I am craving Chinese food so badly right now!!!!!! First craving. Going nuts!
    DH just left to pick up Chinese for dinner, it's the only thing that sounded good to eat!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Pinkpeonies , I caved and got Chinese food. It was delicious. Too bad DS doesn't like it, and had a hissy fit about it. More leftovers for me!
  • Options
    TheJeriluTheJerilu member
    edited August 2016
    @STM2017 He doesn't even like sweet & sour chicken?  They're basically chicken nuggets, so I've always had luck convincing my younger cousins to chow down.

@runningpenguin
    Can we switch?  All I want is protein and fat, bread has no appeal to me right now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    I've been craving cheesecake for a week now ever since Costco was offering samples of it...and Costco cheesecake isn't even my favorite.
  • Options
    @catem07 This!! I have a box of spirals mac and cheese for dinner later this week when DH is eating dinner at work.  :D
  • Options
    today, nothing. nothing sounds good--or even like something I could keep down

• Options
    @TheJerilu, I think he ate about 1/4 of a chicken ball. Which is usually the thing I can get him to eat the most of. He's generally a really good eater so I don't get too concerned. But we've tried Chinese food 3 or 4 times with him and he never eats it. 
  • Options
    @STM2017
    Hm! I wonder if it's one of those things where he's thrown off by it being called "Chinese food".
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    So I'm in a strange boat.  My husband and I started the Ideal Protein diet about 6 weeks ago and have been on a strict diet.  He's lost 25+ pounds and I recently lost 16 pounds.  We were going to keep going on it cause I had another 8-10 I wanted to lose. I'm now in a 'healthy' BMI so I guess I should be happy with that.  Found out this morning that I'm pregnant so unsure how to proceed now.  I meet with the ideal protein coach tomorrow and my OB this Thursday so I guess I will see what they both have to say.  When you're on a diet, you crave everything so can't know if it's pregnancy or just the inner food lover in me. =)

CafeMom Tickers

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @TheJerilu, I would be surprised if that was it. He's 14 months. But you never know!! They pick up on things at such a young age!
  • Options
    Today the nausea has kicked in, and all I want is cheese and carbs. Cheesy carbs. Mmmmmmm.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Cottage cheese and a banana.  Then I had some sour cream and onion corn puffs.  Beats chips, right???  I
    ve also have two diet dr peppers today..
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• Options
    Guys I went from all meat all the time to COOKIES FOR LIFE.

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    I was hesitant to come here until this afternoon for fear I may get grossed out. The weirdest thing I've had so far today is tonight's dinner (mississippi roast) at 5 AM. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I started the day with a sugary cinnamon crispy thing (I have no clue what it's called but it's like crispy filo pastry with sugar and cinnamon) and a glass of milk. Then I had some hazelnuts, then a plum, lunch was leftover burrito with a coke, then I had smoked oysters with that (I think that's the weird part :P) then I had an apple and now I'm starving. The unusual thing for me is that I can only it small amounts at a time, but have to eat more often. I'll really have to watch this at work when it gets extremely busy as the nausea only kicks in when I'm hungry.

• Options
    You guys, literally all I can think about at work right now is the breakfast casserole I'm making for dinner tonight. ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I celebrated with delicious Thai food today after a great ultrasound! Of course I got major heartburn immediately after, haha.
  • Options
    I can't get enough milk right now.  
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Options
    That moment...when you realize your baby is craving coffee, and not tea (like DS did). And after the first sip, all of your MS goes away instantaneously!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I have never been a tea or coffee drinker. But with DS I craved tea so badly (used to hate it in fact). I've been drinking it ever since second trimester with him.

THIS baby however, told me yesterday that it does not LIKE tea. And this morning after making DH's coffee, I realized that's what I've been craving. It. Is. Freakin. Delicious.
  • Options
    @STM2017 Man I wish my baby craved coffee!! I'm still drinking it (1 cup half caff/day) because nothing else caffeinated sounds good and I don't want the headaches, but it's lost most of its appeal to me.  :(
  • Options
    All I wanted this weekend was chocolate covered peanuts. We had chipotle (which was a staple when I was pregnant with my son) and I inhaled the whole damn thing and HATED myself because I was stuffed and uncomfortable for the next 12 hours.

PCOS diagnosed secondary infertility

BFP #1 (letrozole 2.5mg + ovidrel) February 2016, MMC April 2016 @ 7 weeks

BFP #2 (letrozole 5mg + ovidrel) July 2016, Beta #1 359, Beta #2 745, Beta #3 11484

EDD April 9th, 2017

• Options
    Is anyone else completely off food? I'm a little nauseous, not throwing up sick, but I have no appetite and basically an aversion to all foods.  I'm drinking a ton of water and physically forcing myself to eat nutrient dense foods (smoothies filled with fruits and veggies, yogurt, protein shakes).  I lost almost two lbs last week and tbh could lose another ten and still be within the normal weight range, but of course I'm worried now.
  • Options
    @schef070911, that sucks! I'm sorry. 

With DS I craved things that I don't like (tea, toasted tomato sandwiches, tomato juice). This baby so far is also wanting things I normally don't like to eat (coffee, Chinese food). I find that my MS is almost always associated with a craving, but I have a hard time figuring out what I want!!!
  • Options
    I don't have any particular cravings just yet. But I've discovered that the little nausea I get is from being hungry. But I can never say what I really want. I also can't eat big portions but just tiny ones and then I'm hungry an hour later...

• Options
    I'm trying to choke down a plate of scrambled eggs I'm sharing with DS. I think the aversions are here :/
  • Options
    After throwing up in my mouth because I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time I started dry heaving, which kind of freaked DD out. I decided we needed to eat and I wanted soup. So I grabbed clothes for Her, told her to put on shoes, she put her rain boots on the wrong feet. We went through Big Boy for veggie soup and ice, she wanted skyline so I got that for her. Went thru the drive thru for Gatorade. Then decided I wanted wonton soup. So in I went in the clothes I slept in no bra to get my soup. Now I'm sitting here drinking it all.