November 2015 Moms
Options

Moving - how to make transition easy on baby

The title says it all. My husband and I are moving to a new apartment (actually, a rented house) in a new area (suburban rather than urban). Has anyone else had to do this? How did your baby take it? Is there anything you did to make the transition easier? We're painting his room the same color and trying to set it up the same. I also took him out of daycare for the summer (I'm a teacher) to save money for the move. I was worried enough about the transition back into daycare being difficult let alone the fact that he now has to go to a new daycare with new teachers and new babies. I know babies are resilient and everything will be fine in the long run but any advice you have would be appreciated!

Re: Moving - how to make transition easy on baby

• Options
    We moved when my DD was about 9 months. We took her over to the house a few times before moving in and let her explore. The day we moved I got her room setup first and had all her toys out. I also tried to keep to her schedule as much as possible the day of the move and after. She ended up sleeping through the night our first night there. I think that's a great idea to paint the room and set it up the same way. Also kids LOVE boxes! If your LO is crawling you can lay them down on their side and LO can crawl in and out. :) 
  • Options
    I moved last month with my daughter.  To be honest, I did nothing special to prepare her or her room and she was fine.  Maybe she's just easy going, but at this age they're much more attached to blankets, pacifiers, bottles, and stuffies than they are to walls and the layout of a house.  Bridget had fun exploring the new place when we got there. 
    If there's something strange underneath the hood.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  If there's something weird and it don't look good.  Who you gonna call?  Your Doctor.  Immediately.  If it's new, painful, and possibly pregnancy related get your ass off the internet and call your doctor.  It's for your health and your child's.