April 2017 Moms

So angry right now!!

scorpiomerscorpiomer member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Why do women have to be so catty?!?!?  So one person at work confronted me the other day and just straight up said so when are you do?  I was like what?!  And she said well I saw you drinking sprite instead of your energy drinks and you have been more tired and burping more...so I have known for like a week.  I didn't want to lie so I told her the truth But that I was not sharing yet...so I thought she understood keep your mouth shut.  One other girl came into a room while I was talking to a provider so she overheard part of a conversation.  One of them has been running their mouth.  Someone just came up to me and said I heard congratulations are in order!!  Wtf!?!?!?  Who does that...shares info that they know had not been made public yet?!  Ugggghhhh sorry so long....I just needed to vent.

Edited because the bump cut off half my post.
Married: 9/19/09
DS 1: 10/17/10
DS 2: 6/30/13
MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
 Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17

Re: So angry right now!!

• I wouldn't call that being catty, but it's certainly gossipy. I think you need to tell those women to please keep your personal information private. Unfortunately, many people don't realize that when you tell them you're pregnant that doesn't mean it's public info...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• The person that I think did it is someone who is always like look at me.  So I think she was just excited to be like...I have the newest gossip...who wants to hear.  Which in my book...is pretty catty.  But regardless of what you call it....it's rude!!!  
    Married: 9/19/09
    DS 1: 10/17/10
    DS 2: 6/30/13
    MMC found 4/2/16   D&C 4/4/16 & 4/10/16
     Cautiously expecting.....EDD 4/1/17
  • Loading the player...
  • For future reference, a post like this should go in the weekly Randoms or Pregnancy Chatter threads, as per the Welcome...PLEASE READ THIS FIRST thread.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • I don't blame you and I'd be upset, too!  Not only is it big news to share, but it's also sensitive news right now.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17
  • This would be perfect in the Monday Bitchfest thread!  I also prefer the boards to be less cluttered tbh.  Especially as we get new members. 

But wow on that woman for even saying something to you.  I (and I'm sure many of you) have caught on to a friend being pregnant and have refrained from saying anything until they did because I am polite and know how to function in society.  That is some nerve right there!
  • I will never understand breaking the female code like this. Not only is it your news to share, but pregnancy can also have a very real impact on employment (getting staffed on good projects, etc.), and it's beyond catty to be gossiping about a coworker's reproductive choices. Sorry this is happening to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You have some terribly immature colleagues.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @leslieknope what was your last BMB? I was on Feb 2015 so ALL THE CRAZY went down a couple weeks before we were all due. My board turned into a ghost town so this is the first time I've been back. We also didn't really regulate on people starting their own threads, tho I see the point on not cluttering up the board too much. I do have a hard time following some of the heavily commented 'random' threads too, but I'm guessing that's cause I'm strictly mobile.