January 2016 Moms

Me time

As our LO's are approaching the 7 month mark (mine will be on the 16th) I'm just curious to what you ladies are doing for a little "me time" since our babies are getting older and are up more during the day I find my me time is far and few. When my husband is off Saturday and Sunday's, I do get a break but I decide to do grocery shopping, laundry, prep dinner, etc. nothing fun! 

Re: Me time

• What is this "me time" you speak of?  Between work, cleaning and baby I have almost no down time.
  • I don't get any me time...unless mowing the yard counts?  ;)
    I just stay up really late usually to get an hour or two. If I don't use the time to do homework that is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Now that she has longer naps I usually laze around and watch a Tv show during one nap. The other is cleaning or preping dinner. My husband and I try to do a date night once a month (realistically its once every 2 months) but we usually have us time every night after she goes to bed (goes to bed between 630&7) we will sit on our deck, turn on a movie. Whatever. 
  • Now that bedtime has been fixed with CIO it's usually at night that I get "me" time or DH and I get "we" time. DH is the SAHD so when I get home from work I take over baby care and dinner. I don't really get a ton of me time. I'm a teacher (whose summer job just ended) so right now I do have the luxury of some "me" time but once school starts up that'll be gone. Work definitely follows me home. But back to the original question: it's usually TV, chores or a nap. Tonight I'm making hair bows for DD after she's asleep to contain her hair. I just had to trim her bangs, they were down to her nose.
  • l4rkl4rk member
    Yeah, like PPs my "me time" is after LO goes to bed. By then I'm so tired that I usually just watch Netflix until my bedtime. Although I did make plans to go see Ghostbusters with my sister on Tuesday, while SO babysits, so that will be fun!
  • Yep me too. Me time is after she goes to bed, and usually I'm so tired I just watch TV. Tonight however, I did arts and crafts instead and it was really nice!! During the day, I usually nap or do chores while LO naps. Her naps are actually getting longer (used to only take four 30 min naps which drove me crazy, now she is doing 1-2 longer ones and a 3rd short one) so I'm able to get a little extra time to myself some days. 
  • My "daily" me time is in the evening after LO goes to bed, and I come out and pump while watching a few minutes of old seasons of reality shows.  Although I did go to our local coffee shop on Saturday by myself for about 2 hours and just read a book. It was so great. :)
  • grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
    edited August 2016
    I get my "me" time in evenings, after DH is done with work or on the weekends if I want it. He'll feed, bathe and put baby to bed no issues. I usually go take a workout class. This week was extra special... Monday I worked out, Tuesday I had a ladies dinner, and tonight I'm getting my hair done. 3 days in a row! I had an invite for something tomorrow also, but I said no cause i miss my evenings with LO this week :) I love that her and daddy get alone time though, they adore eachother. I want to start taking my pups for weekend morning hikes again soon.
  • My husband works 12-13 hour days and is training for the NYC marathon. So during the week the only me time I get is early morning, I wake up around 6:00 and go for a run and my husband gets up with babe and starts the morning routine then I take over so he can go to work. Then I use his morning nap (45 minute napper over here) to drink my coffee and escape in my book on the deck. Then after he goes to bed I start cooking dinner and sip a glass of wine (I love cooking so I consider this "me time" lol). Other than that I go to a MNO twice a month and on the weekend go to get a mani/pedi 
  • Does going to work count? That's about the extent of it for me.