October 2015 Moms

Evil Aunt Flo

MrsN092714MrsN092714 member
edited August 2016 in October 2015 Moms
So I just got my period for the third time this month.  I am still breastfeeding and got it for the first time 1 month ago today.  We are hoping to get pregnant again here soon but it's not going to happen having full blown periods every 2 weeks!  Should I just stack this up to breastfeeding and give my body more time to adjust and get back on track or is this getting excessive enough that I should be talking to my Dr?  
Married:09/27/14 
Baby N-Born:10/29/15
Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

Re: Evil Aunt Flo

• It wouldn't hurt to bring it up with your doctor. It doesn't sound like a period if it's coming every two weeks. That means you would be ovulating at the same time as having a period.
  • It wouldn't hurt to bring it up with your doctor. It doesn't sound like a period if it's coming every two weeks. That means you would be ovulating at the same time as having a period.
    This is why im so confused!!  I was thinking the first time that it was an anovulatory cycle which is quite normal for your first postpartum.... but multiple cycles?  If it was shorter or just spotting I would think otherwise but it has been 4 days long, 3 fairly heavy days and 15 days apart for all 3 cycles (well I don't know the length of this one yet but it's heavy)

• Loading the player...
  • Yea that definitely doesn't sound normal. I know spotting is ok but since you are having heavy days I would talk to your doctor. I did a quick google search and it looks like it could be from breastfeeding. Hormones can make your body wacky. Still wouldn't hurt to double check.
  • Mine came back at 4 months PP I was still EP until 7 months and I'm 9 months PP now and for the last 4 months i've been having a full blown period every 2 weeks. I was not on any BC but called my doc and the put me on regular Ortho-Tricyclen last week hoping to regulate it. It freaking sucks...my period was always regular and heavy but these are just as heavy and (tmi) super clotty. I am going through more tampons and pads than we are diapers lol..we'll see how this goes but to say I'm over it would be an understatement.
  • Mine came back at 4 months PP I was still EP until 7 months and I'm 9 months PP now and for the last 4 months i've been having a full blown period every 2 weeks. I was not on any BC but called my doc and the put me on regular Ortho-Tricyclen last week hoping to regulate it. It freaking sucks...my period was always regular and heavy but these are just as heavy and (tmi) super clotty. I am going through more tampons and pads than we are diapers lol..we'll see how this goes but to say I'm over it would be an understatement.
    Well this doesn't leave me feeling very hopeful.  The last thing I want to do is go back on bc!  If I had it my way I'd be pregnant again by the end of September.  Did your Dr seem to have any reasoning as to why it's so frequent?  I can't imagine this going on for 5+ months, you poor woman!  

• @MrsN092714 at this point they aren't concerned and want to see if the BC helps...which wouldn't be helpful in your case. They think its just one of those lovely anything is "normal" pregnancy/post pardem things.