September 2015 Moms

How much does your almost 1YO weigh?

yellow1daisyyellow1daisy member
edited August 2016 in September 2015 Moms
I just weighed my daughter this morning (we have an infant to toddler scale---same one my pediatrician uses) and she's just barely 20 lb (scale said 19lb15.5oz).

She eats A LOT. Like so much anyone who watches her eat is shocked. Like almost adult sized portions 3-4 times a day. Plus 26ish oz of various kinds of milk. So I don't understand why she weighs so little? She's gained less than 2 pounds in almost 3 months. 

She has gotten pretty active recently. Spends all day on the floor crawling, climbing, cruising. Not walking or even standing without support yet. So I'm thinking that's maybe why? But I can't help but be concerned.  

We haven't given her any grains and she doesn't get much fruits. What she eats is large portions of vegetables(seasoned and I add either olive or coconut oil to them) plus a protein (usually shredded chicken or ground beef). This morning she had a whole avocado plus a handful of ground beef. So I feel like the food she eats should be fattening her up! It's not low cal food. 

ETA: she turns a year old in exactly 2 weeks. 
BFP May 2013 - MMC at 8 weeks
BFP September 2013 - MMC at 12 weeks
BFP February 2014 - early loss/CP at 4.5 weeks
BFP May 2014 - MMC/ complete molar pregnancy at 11 weeks
BFP December 2015 - DD born 8/18/2015
BFP November 2016 - pending...

Re: How much does your almost 1YO weigh?

• He is about 23 lbs. He will be 1 on 9/11. He eats a lot too, but he's not walking yet. My 3 & almost 5 year olds eat a bunch too and they are tiny. I think this little dude is going to surpass them. Heck my 3 year old is only about 25 lbs.
  • 9/7 birthday and over 23 pounds at last visit almost two months ago. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Dont worry. I always worry because my boys are preemies and are small for their age. A week and a half ago they weighed 17 & 18 pounds. They turned 11 months yesterday. Doc days as long as theyre gaining & not losing theyre fine. My boys drink formula for preemies which has extra calories & theyre still on the thinner side.

Maybe thats her body type, maybe she can eat a a lot & stay on the thin side. I have always been thin & eat like a fucken pig no lie. DD has 3 meals & about 4 snacks a day. About 2 cups of milk a day. Water throughout the day. She'll be 6 on the 27th & only weighs 44 pounds. Boys have 3 meal 3 bottles snacks 3 times a day & water throughout the day. & they weigh 17 & 18 pounds. I just think my kids are going to have my body type. Im glad i can eat like a dude & be thin. Try not to worry momma.
  • ABombard12ABombard12 member
    edited August 2016

Will be 1YO on 9/1 and last I checked (maybe a month ago) he weighed about 24 1/2 pounds... he is not walking yet but is NON stop crawling like a speed racer and walking while holding onto furniture. But he was born 9lbs 7oz and has been in the 98th percentile since day one so he is kind of the large side

• My daughter is off the charts with height and weight and weighs 24.5 lbs.. Shes proportioned so she definitely doesn't look like she weighs that much, just solid. She crawls all over the place and any day now will be walking. All babies are different and gain weight at different rates. She sounds like a good little eater and I wouldn't worry about it. 
  • We have a skinny guy too. He was 18.4 at his 9 mos appt and is now 19.7. He was like 18% for weight but over 80% for height. I worry too. I see all these S15 babies that were 25 lbs at their 9 mos appt and worry. I think some of it is genetics, formula versus breast milk, amount of feedings, and types of solids, etc. My dude is still on boob juice only, eats homemade fruits, veggies and lean proteins, and eats nothing processed or packaged except for puffs and the occasional rice husk. He's also crazy active. Non stop on the move. I think all of that makes him thinner. He was 3 weeks early and only 6lbs 11oz and 20.5" long and the doctor said he's still on his growth curve from his slender build at that time. I keep hopping at his 1 year appt they tell me he is at least over the 20% mark for weight. He looks healthy but I can't help but compare him to all these other massive babies and think he's too thin. 
  • Maybe 21 lbs? 
  • 23.15 last weekend. Had to go to doc for double ear infections
  • To be honest, I would start her on grains.  The sugar from the carbohydrates in grains is really important for Crain development as is fat - which sounds like you've got covered with a whole avocado for breakfast! 

I always have to remember that they don't need to be concerned about gaining too much weight as long as they are eating healthy types of food.  So while I might watch how much rice etc I have, I let her go for it.  Veges while good are predominantly low cal.  You could make up some vege fritters which would give a lot of energy and protein from the egg. 

Their growth also stalls around this age - if they always grew at the same rate they would be flipping massive! 
  • shelbyddshelbydd member
    edited August 2016
    9/2 birthday and he is 26-ish lbs, give or take some ounces. My son is very big for his age but still on the percentile scale. He's consistently sat between 95 and 99 for weight and his height has jumped a bunch with each wellness visit. He went from like 22 percentile in height up to 89 percentile in a matter of months. I don't really stress his weight. If he's hungry I give him food- he feeds himself though so I know he eats til he is done. He doesn't get juice or any high sugar stuff. We use wheat based pastas and flat breads for him. They gain at their own speed. My best friends son is 14 months old and might be 20lbs by now but last I checked he was closer to 19. He's perfectly healthy as well. Just has a different body time then mine
  • Hold you breath...mines 28 fricken pounds lol he's also 32 inches 
  • I think she's probably fine, especially since she's such a good eater! Sounds like my LO lol. 

My LO is almost 22lbs and I'm CONSTANTLY being told how chunky she is lol. I feel like she just looks that way because she's short. We've hardly had any weight gain in the last month and a half or so (just went to the dr's a couple weeks ago), which I'm assuming is because she is so much more active now, because she eats like a champ! 

Sounds like you are doing everything right, momma, and you have a totally healthy baby :)
  • We just went to Dr on Monday to see about switching to Soy Milk instead of formula (LO wont drink it anymore!) and she's 23 pounds and 29 inches at almost 11 months.
  • My little girl will be one on 9/13. She is 31inches long and about 22lbs
  • She will 1 year on Sept 14th and is 32 inches long and 25 pounds. Big Booty Baby lol.
  • My little guy was born 9/5 and is 20 lbs. He also eats non-stop and I'm in shock of how much he consumes! Sounds very similar to yours
  • My LO will be one on 9/9 and about 3 weeks ago she was 22 lbs.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15

• Mine will be 1 on the 28th of August and she weighed right at 17 pounds last week.
  • At nine months my boy was 26.5 pounds. I'm not sure what he is now, probably around 28. He came out at ten pounds and has since then always been 100th percentile for weight and height. He's the size of a two year old! His father and everyone in his family are very tall and large people. Good German stock. I'm also above average in height. There are big people and small people in the world, so it makes sense that babies come in all sizes as well, as long as they are healthy! 
  • We just went to pediatrician for double ear infection and pink eye so at 11 months my son weighs 22.8 lbs. He was 30 inches at his 9 month appointment. He has always been 50 percentile in weight. He eats constantly and will eat your food too right after his food. 
  • Well, my son is a year old (crazy!). He was one of our preemie kiddos, 9 weeks early. He's something like 30-31 inches long, but last time he went to the doctor (about a week ago), he weighed 17 lb 12 oz. Just like with ourselves, we have to remember that it isn't just about the number. There are days where I think he eats more than I do, the kid can chow. Not only that, but he was breastfed up to a year and gets "toddler beginnings" formula instead of milk for even more fat and nutrients. His doctor isn't concerned because he's just a healthy, active kiddo. He never stops moving and shaking and climbing and acting like a crazy man. He's scrawny and still healthy, but I definitely worry too.
  • My son was just 10 months yesterday and he's 16.4lbs. Very small, but both my husband and I were never on the charts for weight. He's tall and very active as well. He eats okay, but probably not more than 5-6oz of solids a day. I'm not too persistent on him eating lots right now. He nurses several times a day and still at night. He eats mostly fruits and vegetables with some a little protein or grains if we're eating them.