April 2017 Moms

Good Prayers/Vibes - dr called for ultrasound & appt tomorrow

Prayers and good vibes needed. I just got a call from my dr office that my HCG did not double from Monday to Wed so they want me to come in tomorrow for an ultrasound and appointment (I'm 5 weeks today). My HCG last Fri was 971, Monday: 2500 and Wednesday 4600. 

Like others have said, numbers aren't a concern as much as it doubling in 48 hours, it didn't double. 

A thought though is that Monday I had it drawn at 2:30 pm and yesterday it was drawn at 9:30 am. Does that make a difference? Or do most people's more than double...?

Re: Good Prayers/Vibes - dr called for ultrasound & appt tomorrow

• Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Neikoda said:
    Thank you! I of course had googled and just found this so that is SUPER reassuring. But of course for her to want to do an ultrasound and have an appointment with me makes me SO nervous.

I guess she's being cautious because I have an auto-immune disease and have antibody that can pass to placenta (will have to go to maternal fetal, already had consult 8 months prior to pregnancy)?
  • Loading the player...
  • NeikodaNeikoda member
    edited August 2016
    WkoutMomtoBe The placenta isn't formed enough for use until week 12. Also, the most that a 4w ultrasound is going to show you is a thick endometrium and at 5 weeks a sac. No growth can be recorded and you'll probably worry yourself more than necessary. 

ETA: I also have an auto-immune disease and I had two sets of betas done and and u/s at 8w scheduled.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Neikoda said:
    WkoutMomtoBe The placenta isn't formed enough for use until week 12. Also, the most that a 4w ultrasound is going to show you is a thick endometrium and at 5 weeks a sac. No growth can be recorded and you'll probably worry yourself more than necessary. 

ETA: I also have an auto-immune disease and I had two sets of betas done and and u/s at 8w scheduled.
    agreed...no clue why they're even scheduling one then. This was all them. They called w/ results and want ultra sound & appt at which i'll be 5 weeks/1 day. My first ultra sound was supposed to be at 6 weeks which I thought was super early..no clue why all this when they can't see/hear much
  • TheJerilu said:
    Please don't make a new thread for every update; you have three regarding this situation right now.  You can just update one of your existing threads.  I understand that you're stressed and worried, but women who are invested in one of your posts might not hear the full story, and may spend their time and concern answering one of the older, no longer significant posts as they're all relatively recent.

My apologies...I'm used to other board where this did not matter and new posts were not seen on old threads (completely different platform/topic). I understand your point but one was me ranting about length of test results and the other was about progesterone, this was HCG and early ultrasound. I've never seen someone criticized on creating threads.

I'll keep that in mind next time I post though and consider if it's a relevant topic/thread to a previous topic/thread

Also - I agree...it's a 43 hour time difference vs 48 which may have made a difference
  • No worries, @WkoutMomtoBe. You just have to realize how crazy busy and repetitive these boards get in a few months. If everyone was creating multiple threads a day, about pretty related things it would get a little out of control and threads would get looked over because there would be so many.

I am so sorry you are having to go through all this stress. I am definitely rooting for you and am looking forward to hearing good news and you can hopefully put this behind you. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • WkoutMomtoBeWkoutMomtoBe member
    edited August 2016
    UPDATE:

all is fine! I ad the ultrasound and they saw the gestational sack, yolk and even saw the heart flutter (tech could kind of hear it and put on sound for us but it was too hard to hear). Even the tech was surprised I was having it at 5 weeks 1 day BUT she looked at notes and said the reasoning was to make sure I was indeed pregnant/progressing in order to start progesterone supplements/suppositories (ick!) because they want my progesterone higher than what it was and bc I possibly have some luteal phase defect (there are 4 types). The midwife said if it was not a healthy pregnancy, they would not start me on this. Because of the confirmation of the sack/yolk, no more HCG levels. My next ultrasound and appointment is Fri 8/19 AND that will be the full COP (confirmation of pregnancy) and should be actually able to see/hear heartbeat then! Thanks for the good vibes/prayers everyone!

EDIT: to add DH found a knot/lump on my left last night, on shin. I pointed it out and they were concerned it was possibly a blod clot though it's not red, etc. They went to check w/ a dr (since she's a midwife) and the auto-immune I have I guess can cause lumps (and here I thought I was pretty symptomless...)