April 2016 Moms

Fur Babies and LO's

I am curious about how your fur babies are with your little ones. Our black lab Rocko loves DD and is super protective. Whenever she cries he is the first one to get to her. We are normally tripping over each other to get to her lol. I will admit I feel guilty that I don't have the time that I used to for our sweet puppy. I take him for walks and try and make sure I love him up at least once a day but it's hard when you don't even have time to shower!

Feel free to share stories of your fur babies and your little ones..pictures too! 

Re: Fur Babies and LO's

• Oh my goodness! How utterly adorable!!!

My Luna Kitty Kitty (that is what my nephew calls her) ran and hid in the bathroom the second we brought our guy home. She was in there for a couple weeks and has slowly (with the help of cat hormones) started opening up. She no longer poops and pees in the corner of his nursery. She will sit on my lap and let me pet her while I play with the baby. She will even go up to him and sniff him and lay down relatively close by. 
    So... At least we are making progress. I think it's taken her four months to realize that he just isn't going away for a while.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited August 2016
    - My silky has been obsessed with Mason since day 1, to the point that I think she needs anxiety medication because she will forfeit sleep to keep watch over him. She also trips us if we are holding him, and tries to get to him when he's in his swing or anywhere accessible to her. She is 11 years young, my first "baby", so we are patient with her insanity. When he is older I'll probably let her sleep in the nursery since I know it will fill her with joy.

- My little mix breed guy has decided we are incompetent and that the baby must always be cold, so he is always trying to cover him with a blanket. Yeah... Idk. 

- My greyhound mix is a spaz but has adjusted well and gives kisses to his hands, then runs away wagging her tail. 

• he's in fur baby heaven all three of them absolutely love him.
  • Our cat is slowly coming around. She stayed pretty far away after her initial sniff when we brought him home. She'll lay on our legs in the recliner while we have the baby. I keep a blanket on the floor in the nursery for tummy time, and she really loves to play with the blanket. She'll bring her toys in the nursery, too. That is mainly to get our attention instead of trying to play with the baby. I know she feels neglected, but we try to play with her as much as possible. 

This picture is several weeks old.