High-Risk Pregnancy

feeling concerned

This picture was taken after I took my compression socks off. I'm 28 weeks right now and have been swelling like this since 20 weeks. I've been to 3 different practices and have gotten no answers, it's the humidity, it's normal. I literally can't walk after work and I have a headache almost everyday but all my blood work is normal. I don't know what else I can do, they refuse to put me on medical leave. I had preeclampsia with my first child but didn't get any swelling til about 32 weeks. Any advice?

Re: feeling concerned

• Are you drinking lots of water and staying indoors? I'm very sorry. :( 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • Yes and yes :( cut sodium out months ago
  • Loading the player...
  • Can they give you anything? I know anti-inflammatory's aren't safe, but there's gotta be something! My hands swelled up recently to the point where I had to get my rings cut off, and all my doctor could do was tell me to keep ice around to reduce the swelling, and keep my hands elevated.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • All they keep saying is that it's normal. My feet hurt so bad I cry almost everyday, I assume it has something to do with my fibromyalgia. One doctor suggested water pills but then I was told no by another dr.
  • lickasticklickastick member
    edited August 2016
    This might be controversial but my
    midwife insists that pregnant women need adequate sodium in order to avoid/reduce swelling. It's a little counterintuitive but has definitely worked for me so far. Her protocol is water, a ton of protein(80-100g per day) and salt your food to taste/don't avoid salt as well as electrolyte replacement drinks like vitalyte everyday (can buy it on amazon.) I would possibly look up sodium and pregnancy and see what you think, I have found articles that support this. If what you're doing isn't working maybe it's time to try something new? Good luck. 
  • I'm a willing to try something, my last doctor basically told me sodium wouldn't matter so my diet has changed back and forth but swelling hasn't changed. I did try doterra oils lasnight to relieve the swelling , when I woke up they were almost back to normal. After working they've gone back to the same way.
  • Are you able to be still with your feet up? My edema was better when I was on bedrest. How's your blood pressure?
  • My feet are much better on the weekends and I keep telling a doctor's working is making it much worse but they refuse to put me on medical leave. Blood pressure has been ok, alittle high for me at times but within normal range for them.
  • Have they taken a 24hr urine test to rule out pre-eclampsia?