Infertility

Skin reaction to PIO

Sunflower5678Sunflower5678 member
edited August 2016 in Infertility
Just curious if anyone has had a skin reaction to the progesterone in oil shots a few days after stopping the injections?

I had no reactions to it during the two weeks I was doing the injections. But my last pio was on Saturday evening and starting Monday my right hip started to break out in a rash and on now today my left hip is. And it's exactly where we were doing the injections. Just thought it was weird to have a reaction so many days later and since I'm not even doing then anymore. I'm calling my RE today! Anyone else? My skin is super sensitive so I guess I shouldn't be surprised lol,

Re: Skin reaction to PIO

• I have always gotten a rash while on PIO, but it normally goes away after a couple of days of quitting the injections.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I just noticed yesterday that I have a rash on my shoulders. Also my face has broken out with tiny little bumbs. I've never had acne before, and I read that a symptom of PIO could be acne. I'm on day 13 of PIO. Not sure about breaking out on injection site AFTER stopping PIO. I think calling your RE would be smart!
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Loading the player...
  • I called! They said as long as it's not getting worse or looks to be an infection it's okay. They said it could of been a delayed reaction or since the progesterone is in an oil..the oil could take a while to dissipate. I've been doing cortisone cream and it's helping. So strange I reacted days after finishing the injections. Leave it to me to have a weird reaction though :) 
  • I had that same thing happen to me. A big, red, oval shaped rash- itchy, hot, kinda painful. It was from the PIO- i guess the build up of medicine brought it on. It went away after a few days!! I had to do my shot on the other cheek two days in a row and avoid that area for 2 days. Hope it  goes away soon for you! 
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4