October 2015 Moms

9 month old not eating well

Hey everyone... my baby girl just turned 9 months old. In the past few weeks she has simply stopped eating pretty much at daycare. She will go all day with only eating 1 5oz bottle. At home, she has stopped eating pureed foods as well (which she really only did for about 3 weeks) and doesn't breastfeed as much as she used to. (She has never been the biggest eater all together though) We have been trying to give her the food that we can that we are eating...every now and then she'll put something in her mouth, but the rest of the time she just plays with it. Our doctor isn't that concerned at this point and it seems like she may be just a very picky eater. However, as a momma, I can't help but worry a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions or has anyone been through a similiar experience with their LO? People keep telling me that if she's hungry enough, she'll eat...
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 9 month old not eating well

• I would just keep offering. Kids go thru phases where they don't eat a whole lot, or they are very picky. My son did the same. A few weeks does seem like a long time, especially if she's only taking in 5 oz while at daycare. You are her mama and if you feel like you need a second opinion see another doctor. Hopefully it's just a phase and she starts eating more soon!
  • AiramJAiramJ member
    edited August 2016
    Teething! My son will be 9 months next week and has been off his food for weeks now. He will eat fruit purées, boy nothing savoury really. He still takes milk. I am not worried, he will eat when he gets hungry. I give him baby friendly snacks, pears and cucumber. He loves them as it seems to soothe the teething pain. His two top teeth are coming through, I can see the corner of one already, eekk!
  • Loading the player...
  • My son went through the same thing a few weeks earlier. My advice is to just keep trying. Believe me babies do eat when they are hungey. It may be that she's teething so just keep trying mama!;-)