April 2016 Moms
Options

Aww-gust "Today/Lately My Baby ___"

Drop in this thread whenever your 4-monther is doing something new and adorable! Be it a one-time thing to gush over, or a cute new trick they discovered.

Re: Aww-gust "Today/Lately My Baby ___"

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has figured out how to fake an angry cry that tricks us every time. She uses it when we put her down or in her swing. 

I think I mentioned before that she learned how to fake cry a month ago to get attention. But now she's kicked it up a notch with that raspy hard-cry sound that infants make when they are really, really upset or hurt. 

Well, she thinks she's slick because she starts laughing and smiling as soon as you come to check on her. Oh, and there's no tears. Total faker. She's a little imp
    Yes! LO is doing this as well. hahaha It's hilarious. She has also been fake sneezing. She'll have 2 real sneezes and sometimes she will add a third 'fake' one. 
  • Options
    Today he inch wormed two feet in five minutes. Kept sticking his fanny in the air and pushing the rest of him forward. He probably would have gone further if he hadn't have butted the tv stand. I honestly don't think he knows that he's doing it. I think he just is always moving and sometimes it actually does something much to his surprise. I don't think he has the cognitive development to repeat it either.

To the fake criers, wow! You have some smart cookies! How many weeks along are they? Being able to recognize events like that is advanced mental work! 
  • Options
    Mine is 14 weeks. She knows we won't pick her up if she's whining and fussing because we're not holding her. I think she's figured out that we respond to real crying, and that's why she fakes it. 

She also talks a lot!! I've been wondering if it's normal at this age. She makes a lot of noise. 

She's always yelling "aaahhhhhh" - at us, at her grandparents, at the dogs, at the tv, at the ceiling fan. She laughs and smiles and makes funny faces while she does it, so I think she's just chatting. 

You can tell there's a difference between talking vs frustration/discomfort vs real crying. 

I didnt want people to think I was ignoring her cries. You can tell a real cry - tears, red face, fists, takes a minute to calm down when I try to soothe her. She only gets that way if she's overtired and doesn't want anyone except me to soothe her. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @korpatch Mine will fake cry when I put him into his crib and then be all content/happy/cooing almost immediately. Silly baby! He's 16 weeks tomorrow. 
  • Options
    My son has been saying "oooh" and "wowwwww" when we walk into his room in the morning and he sees the colorful wall murals.

Then the other day I was talking to him and I said "yeah!" and he goes "yeah!" I was so shocked I thought I might drop him. I don't consider these to be "first words" really since I don't think he has a clue what he is saying, he's just playing with noises and copying my sounds. Still, it's very sweet to hear him play with his happy noises, angry noises, and big strong boy noises. 
  • Options
    korpatch said:
    To the fake criers, wow! You have some smart cookies! How many weeks along are they? Being able to recognize events like that is advanced mental work! 
    We are at 17 weeks but she has been doing the fake cries and sneezes for a couple of weeks now.
  • Options
    Smart kiddos!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I'm sharing her fake cry video. Maybe she's just talking, but to me it sounds like a fake cry.  :D

https://tinypic.com/r/2z5ke47/9

Edited: because I suck at links

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Lately my son has been doing a morning ab workout! When he wakes up, he lifts his legs high up in the air, holds them there while lifting his butt up, then lets them drop abruptly. Repeats over and over for about 15 minutes straight. First I thought maybe this has something to do with his diaper being wet, but nope! It's just a thing he does.
  • Options
    lisatib said:

My big guy loves to sit up by himself 
    The chunk!! OMG I love it! <3
  • Options
    yodiggity said:
    lisatib said:

The chunk!! OMG I love it! <3
    I love that blanket too... (ehem: where did you get it?)
  • Options
    He's full of chunk! It's a quilt I made. Thanks! 

• Options
    LO has started slapping my face...kinda hard. Like, enough to tilt the eyeglasses on my face.

He's also grabbing my face more trying to rip my nose/lips off.

Those moments are more of an "ouch" than an "awww"....
  • Options
    LO finally starting rolling over this week. She only rolls over to her right from belly up to belly down and then gets frustrated bc she can't roll back yet. When we put her back on her back, she rolls back onto her belly and cries again. This goes on forever until she cries herself out or gets distracted by something.
  • Options
    linzoirv said:
    LO has started slapping my face...kinda hard. Like, enough to tilt the eyeglasses on my face.

He's also grabbing my face more trying to rip my nose/lips off.

Those moments are more of an "ouch" than an "awww"....
    Yeah, my kid has been beating me up too, fully closed fists and all.
  • Options

LO decided to sit up on his own this weekend. He isn't doing it every time, but he'll stay up if he isn't already tired. 
  • Options
    lisatib said:

@lisatib I love the Michigan teether, where did you get it?
    kids with flags
  • Options
    A friend of mine owns "The Bitten Mitten" 

you can find them on Facebook :)