2 month shots....fever? — The Bump
May 2016 Moms

2 month shots....fever?

Lo received his 2 month shots today and is now running a rectal temp of 99.7 but feels like a million degrees. My 1st born had a temp for 2 days after hers, i remember. Its so scary. They're so young and temp has to stay so low. Plus hes not my happy baby

Re: 2 month shots....fever?

• Aw, sorry to hear that! LO didn't want to be put down for a few hours after the shots, but didn't have any fever issues. 
  • Hey woke up this morning with a temp of 100.3. Trying cool clothes and tylenol now
  • I think you should call the doc since the fever hasn't broken yet.
  • kp90kp90 member
    500 Love Its 500 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper
    I would call the doctor if Tylenol doesn't help. If the fever continues to rise you may want to seek care. We did Tylenol around the clock the night of her shots and it seemed to help calm her and make her feel better. Hang in there. 
  • I believe the threshold for a fever with newborns is actually 100.4, so you're probably fine. If it gets higher or stays right at 100.3 for a while you might want to call but it's really not as bad as it sounds when a baby has a temp of 100. 

lalala2004
  • I believe the threshold for a fever with newborns is actually 100.4, so you're probably fine. If it gets higher or stays right at 100.3 for a while you might want to call but it's really not as bad as it sounds when a baby has a temp of 100. 
    This.  Also, the fever is part of the immunity building process, so if it's not that high and baby isn't too miserable, doctor's don't recommend giving Tylenol.  At 100.3 and on the second day, they might recommend it, but probably not at 99.7 on the first day.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I gave my little one Tylenol when her fever hit 100. Let her lay around in just her diaper and put a cool rag on her head. She slept forever and when she finally woke up the fever was gone and my happy girl was back!
  • Mine had no reaction to 2 month shots, though 4 months was extra fussy that day and night, and had low fever, about 100, the next day.  We gave her baby Tylenol the day of and the next day.  On day 2, after the Tylenol and sleeping, she was much more like herself and without a fever.