Trouble TTC

New to this board - ttc 2 yrs

Hello, I'm new to this board and I would like to introduce myself here. I've been married for 3 years, TTC for 2. I wish I hadn't gotten to this position as I'm sure most of you ladies also wish, but here I am. 

Infertility and diagnosis are not a quick process from where I am from. Last year my husband and I went to the doctor for the initial starting point in our journey. We were given tests for bloodwork, progesterone, SA, ultrasound, and HSG. Everything came back normal. The dr told me that he would refer me to an OB (we only have 3 in our town) and that referral went in last October. As of last week I still had no call from the OB for an appointment.

I then followed up with my primary care doctor and asked that he refer us to a fertility clinic. He told me he did not feel comfortable doing that and told me he could call the OB for me and book an appointment because I'm ready for clomid. My appointment is now in late August with the OB and he asked that we have all new bloodwork and SA done before my appointment. This is such a daunting process and waiting and waiting for a family you have always wanted makes life miserable no matter how positive you try to be.

Thanks for listening, I hope I can find great support in this community. Lots of luck to the rest of you!

Re: New to this board - ttc 2 yrs

• Welcome!  I'm so sorry that you've landed here, but you're definitely in the right place.  Are you in the US or another country?  I'm so sorry to hear how frustrating it's been for you just to get into an OB.  But I'm glad you finally have an appointment.  We just completed all of our bloodwork and SA, so I understand just how daunting it seems.  We managed to knock it out in two weeks but starting at the very beginning of my cycle and scheduling joint appointments for my husband and I for our checklist bloods.  

I look forward to hearing how your appointment goes.  Join in on the weekly check-ins and keep us updated!  Good luck!
  • Welcome! I'm sorry your testing process as been so slow thus far, waiting is so hard! Keep us updated on how things are going, we all know how frustrating it can be trying to find answers. GL!

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome. I am sorry for the trouble you are having, both with ttc and getting in to see the OB.  A lot of times, the wait is the hardest part of the whole process.  I am glad you finally have an appointment made and hope the time in between now and then flys by for you.
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Thank you, I am in Canada and usually it's not. Problem to see a doctor but there are only 3 OB's in town and no RE's :(. Glad to hear your process is much quicker!