March 2017 Moms

What My Pregnant Self is Eating - Week of 8/1

The Simpsons homer simpson bart simpson marge simpson lisa simpson

What are you eating...or missing...this week?

Me: 34 DH: 38
Married: June 2011
TTC since Feb 2016
BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18

Re: What My Pregnant Self is Eating - Week of 8/1

• I can pretty much eat anything. I find myself eating frequent small meals. I usually always have fruit and a bagel or cereal in the morning, for lunch and dinner I just go with my craving. 
  • I'm not really hungry for anything... Literally nothing sounds good to me. I'm not consistently nauseous or anything yet... Just zero appetite. 
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i still hate food this week as much as i did last week..

just now trying to force feed myself every 2 hours....

and yet i still want to throw up. nauseous consistently.

SaveSave
  • I'm trying to be healthy so I ate an apple. Now I just feel sad. GIVE ME CARBS! Oooo I have pretzels in my desk.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hate all the food.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As long as I eat frequently enough (it gets exhausting to eat this often), I can eat. Right now I'm eating a pork quesadilla because it sounded amazing and it is.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• I had zero appetite for anything yesterday.... Until the overwhelming NEED for ramen came over me... So I rushed to the store and made up a recipe as I went. Turned out soooo good and i ate two bowls. 

Today I am back to wanting nothing.
  • ShaunaT25 said:
    I had zero appetite for anything yesterday.... Until the overwhelming NEED for ramen came over me... So I rushed to the store and made up a recipe as I went. Turned out soooo good and i ate two bowls. 

Today I am back to wanting nothing.
    I was obsessing over ramen on Friday. DH was awesome about it and we ended up going to a local place that makes a decent (not great, but ok) ramen.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my friend and it's a restaurant where all they serve is different kinds of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup...I think I'll be in heaven!!
    OH my goodness, can I come?! Haha  
    i hope it is everything you are hoping for. :) 
  • All the ramen.  I have even eaten it for breakfast a few times this week. 
  • Im serious Ramen Noodle people need to start marketing this pregnancy craving phenomenon lol i had it for lunch today.. tonight is tomato basil pasta and sausage  :| currently this sounds gross...but DS turns 1 today so YAY CUPCAKES! lol
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited August 2016
    I am trying to eat every few hours to keep nausea at bay.  Nothing in my house sounded good for lunch so I went out and got a buttered cheddar dill bagel with butternut squash soup.  So good!!!  All I want is salty food.  Mmmmm.
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Anything simple - pretzels, pb&j, hummus. Meat is so unappetizing.
  • smevan11 said:
    Anything simple - pretzels, pb&j, hummus. Meat is so unappetizing.

yah PB&J has been my safe go to food.....

SaveSave
  • All the carbs. I just ate half a sleeve of club crackers. 
    The line between hungry and nausea is so confusing to me right now. I would be fine with just not eating but then I feel too hungry. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chips. Chips. And more chips!
  • Any tips for gaining an appetite back? I'm on my second week where I don't want to eat ANYTHING, and when I do eat, the acid reflux makes me want to cry. I know that not eating isn't really an option because making tiny humans requires nourishment but man this is rough... 
  • I've eaten so much Ramen this pregnancy too! What is the deal? Baby loves his/her cheap "noodles".
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Nothing sounds good but I'm constantly feeding myself to keep the nausea slightly less. Tacos have sounded really good for some reason. Eating a lot of carbs. Not that that's anything new.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • I want salty French Fries.  That is all.  Only thing I crave or seem to want to eat right now.  Everything else is blah
    BFP #1 7/1/2009 ~ EDD 3/9/2010 ~ Ella Adeline (7lbs 4 oz, 19.5 inches) 3/5/2010 csection (39w3d)
    BFP #2 7/13/2011 ~ EDD 3/16/2012 ~Aubree Olivia (9lbs 1oz, 21 inches) 3/15/2012 VBAC (39w6d)
    BFP #3 5/15/2014 ~ EDD 1/16/2015~Addison Isabelle (9lbs, 0oz, 21 inches) 1/25/2015 2VBAC (41w2d)
    BFP #4 7/20/2016 ~ EDD 3/25/2017 ~ Malachi Mathew (10lbs 0oz, 22 inches) 4/4/2017 emergency csection (41w3d)

• Carby and cheesy. BUT that's literally forcing myself to eat. Just seems to be the only things that don't flip my stomach and make me toss my cookies before even taking a bite... I wish I could crawl in a cozy little cubby and hibernate until March!

• saw a nutritionist yesterday.. at doc's order for the two little nuggets. she flat out told me... you aint eating enough. no shit Sherlock.. so she handed me a meal plan and told me to eat through out the day so on so on............ its ok not to pick super healthy foods. but get the carbs and protein and milk in .. she told me to drink whole milk...... yall.. whole milk is legit!!!!!!!!!!!!! it tasted good lol........ and today cheese and crackers has been my new found fav..

SaveSave
  • Jen524 said:
    I want salty French Fries.  That is all.  Only thing I crave or seem to want to eat right now.  Everything else is blah

I like salty French Fries dipped with ranch.........

SaveSave
  • Current craving: KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, which undoubtedly would not end well.
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hot sauce everything!!! Buffalo chicken burgers, Buffalo club sandwiches, Buffalo wraps. 
  • Most of the time food sounds awful.  Going grocery shopping makes me gag.  Things that I can tolerate one day make me sick the next.  So done with this nausea.

However, a steak always sounds good.  Today I was craving tater tot casserole so I made that and inhaled a plate full of that stuff.

• @chrlyr I've been craving KFC like no ones business!
    also... why have I waited so long to have popcorn!? OMG best food ever right now.. and technically is a whole grain..can you say health food  :#
  • I'm so so so excited to respond to this thread right now.. I'm from Texas (live up north now) Texas is home of the best ice cream on the planet - Bluebell. 

I never get this anymore bc they don't ship further north that NC.

Happy... no thrilled when I saw bluebell in this TN grocery store while on vacation! 

So. Much. Ice. Cream!!!
  • @chrlyr I just had to have KFC last Friday. I regretted it almost immediately.

Me 28 DH 28 Married 2012

TTC #1 since March 2015

Metformin + Femara + Gonal F + Trigger = BFP 6/24/16 

EDD 3/3/17

Found out it's a girl! 9/23/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • saw a nutritionist yesterday.. at doc's order for the two little nuggets. she flat out told me... you aint eating enough. no shit Sherlock.. so she handed me a meal plan and told me to eat through out the day so on so on............ its ok not to pick super healthy foods. but get the carbs and protein and milk in .. she told me to drink whole milk...... yall.. whole milk is legit!!!!!!!!!!!!! it tasted good lol........ and today cheese and crackers has been my new found fav..
    I never thought about that for you multiple mamas. I had a hard time getting enough protien for a while with my DS. I can't imagine having to make sure you're eating enough for more!

• vino831 said:
    I'm so so so excited to respond to this thread right now.. I'm from Texas (live up north now) Texas is home of the best ice cream on the planet - Bluebell. 

I never get this anymore bc they don't ship further north that NC.

Happy... no thrilled when I saw bluebell in this TN grocery store while on vacation! 

So. Much. Ice. Cream!!!

bluebell IS THE BEST!!!!! now I want some strawberry ice cream.

SaveSave
  • SSChapman said:
    Most of the time food sounds awful.  Going grocery shopping makes me gag.  Things that I can tolerate one day make me sick the next.  So done with this nausea.

However, a steak always sounds good.  Today I was craving tater tot casserole so I made that and inhaled a plate full of that stuff.

Omg tater tot casserole sounds amazing right now!!! Now I know what I'm making for dinner!

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Literally all I can stomach is bean and cheese burritos, French fries, or soup and grilled cheese. So healthy. Ugh so ready for first tri to be OVER!
    Me: 29 DH: 28
    Together since 2008, married Sept 2013
    ttc #1 since July 2014
    DX: unexplained infertility
    Sept, Oct, Nov Clomid 50 mg: BFN
    Feb 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    March 2016 IUI w/ 50mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Prometrium: BFN
    June 2016 IVF: BFP 6/28!!! beta #1: 358, beta #2: 1428, beta #3: 3742

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It makes me so happy to read about Ramen noodle cravings because it makes me feel like less of a crazy person. I randomly wanted Ramen last week and since then have been eating soup for lunch at work. I'm chalking it up to me needing more salt. I've also wanted more fruit lately so I got a bunch of peaches from the store. Omg I want one right now.
  • I've been craving Cinnamon cereal (I had Cinnamon Life, but I really want Cinnamon Toast Crunch!)  and right this very second I would love crabby cheese fries.  French fries with Crab dip on top and cheese melted to perfection.  But gotta limit the crab, which is going to be difficult.  
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • I finally gave up on trying to force feed myself my normal staples of healthy food. I haven't eaten cheese in years but all I want right now is generic cheddar cheese, like the cubes they gave out in elementary school. I bought some organic pasturized stuff and could eat a pound of it. Other than that, Ramen or similar salty but bland Chinese noodle bowls... Oh, and Rice Chex. Haven't had that since childhood. Meat? No thanks!
    *** TW ***
    2013: BFP #1 - M/C 3/13
    2014: IVF #1-4 = BFFN
    2015: Dance break = got healthy
    7/2016: IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Cheerios. Unsweetened, straight out of the box by the handful. Best I can manage today.
  • I'm craving the Mac & Cheese from one of our local restaurants so bad! 

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Just ordered a medium pizza for myself because DH is out of town. It has veggies on it....so still healthy right?!