April 2017 Moms
Options

Fit Mamas Check In - 08/01

Time to kick things off!

1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit?

2-What are your goals for this week?

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms?

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature?

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Fit Mamas Check In - 08/01

• Options
    I've started a couch to 5 k program (with the blessing of a health professional) and it's been going fairly well! I bought a used BOB Revolution duallie and it's been great.

Continue with my C25K program and add some yoga on off days.

My last pregnancy was...not pleasant. By month 7 (despite not growing very large) my SI joint basically prevented me from moving, among other things. Thankfully nothing that was dangerous to the baby, BUT with a 1 year old now I NEED to have a better pregnancy. Hoping that exercise will help me with this!

I'm kind of struggling with this one right now. Hopefully will report later. <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit? I've been keeping up my exercise routine, which consists of working out just about every day with a mix of running, spinning, and classes. 

2-What are your goals for this week? Get a workout in at least one day this weekend when I'm away with friends. 

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms? I'm concerned (perhaps for no reason) about my body temp while running. I don't want to overheat baby. I tried to take my temp today but forgot that I was also drinking ice cold water so my temp read 95...I'm going to check with my doctor on Wednesday when I see her. 

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? Hmm. My eyes maybe? 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was weight lifting before the move but there's no good gyms out here so I'm sticking to walking a few miles a day and doing some basics at home.

I just got my fitbit back up and running so making sure I have my 30 active minutes, 10,000 steps, and drink at least 64oz of water a day.

I'll be honest. I'm not eating too great right now. I'm trying to enjoy food before I can't keep it down anymore.

It's a love-hate relationship but I like my butt and thighs. They're big but I've worked very hard to make sure they're (almost) all muscle.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Options
    @yaeger07 I've been paranoid about this too.  I've been mostly doing stationary bike at a lower intensity rate for this reason (and drinking tons of water). Would love to hear what others think!

Going to the gym 2-3 times per week (light cardio that doesn't get my heart rate up too high, weights, and core work) and walking indoors during my lunch hour 3-4x/wk for about 30 minutes.

I haven't had too much morning sickness thus far *knocks on wood* - so the goal is to keep doing what I'm doing and find the right balance between a good workout and pushing myself too hard.  I overdid it once last week and was so fatigued I barely moved off the couch that evening.

I've had a lingering hip bursitis problem that is flaring up this morning after I went to the gym yesterday.  Does not appear to be getting any better and has kept me from running basically this entire year. Grrrrrr.

Actually, I do have a question: Has anyone received any guidance on what core work is safe to do during the first trimester?  I know about 2nd trimester no exercises on your back, etc. but I'm curious if there are restrictions right now.  I've been doing mostly pilates-type work and laying off the crunches just to be safe.

I really like my natural hair color - I'm blonde and have never dyed my hair and I always get compliments from my hairdresser on how pretty the color is! :)
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    1What have you been doing so far to stay fit?
    I'm continuing BodyPump, walking and yoga. I've been a runner for 11 years but have had some injuries past 2 years (stress fracture in toes, both fee, IT band issues, achilles tendon/heel and then bad sprain 4 months ago - unrelated to working out). I'd love to run again my my feet are not a fan, so not sure

2 Bodypumps, 2 yogas, walk everyday

I can't wait to get some cute workout shirts, i.e. "My new workout partner" with arrow pointing down or "Squatting for 2".

QUESTION - I'm 4 wks/4 days, is this too early to start Pre-Natal Yoga?

My eyes but maybe you mean body part so my tone arms :)
  • Options
    @WkoutMomtoBe  I did prenatal yoga last pregnancy and there's no too early or too late but you may find it kind of lame if you're used to actual workouts or actual yoga.  It's basically just yoga with eliminating the moves that are less pregnant lady friendly. Maybe some stuff to strengthen the core. But you don't really need to worry too much about limiting yourself in yoga just yet do its just a preference thing. From my experience. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit? I've been using my Swork It app to do light cardio. I had planned on starting C25K, but was nervous since I haven't been running lately. I'm going to ask my Dr. about it when I go in though.

2-What are your goals for this week? I'd like to get 3-4 days of prenatal yoga in and hopefully walk in the evenings when I'm feeling better. I've been queasy in the mornings, so running/walking (basically anything that would make me hot) is out. 

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms? @mamabear2015 were you running prior to getting pregnant? 

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? Um, I guess my hair? I kinda have a love/hate relationship with it, but when it's good. It's good. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit?  I have been working out 1-2 times a week doing weights.  

2-What are your goals for this week? To walk every night and continue going to the gym.

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms? None that I can think of.  :)

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? My arms have been getting pretty toned over the last few months, so those might be a favorite for now.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit?  I go to hot yoga about 4x a week (OB says its fine right now) and I am also getting into cycling a few miles a week. 

2-What are your goals for this week? To walk after dinner and use my fitness pal religiously 

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms? Nope - super happy & thankful this week :smile:

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? My hair or my eyes would probably be my favorite

@mamabear2015 awesome for you for starting your program! I wish you the best of luck and tons of encouragement!

@schef070911 @yaeger07 if it helps ease your minds at all, I have done a lot of research and talked with my OB as I do hot yoga and he advised as long as you are not starting a new exercise regime and your body is used to the workout, you should be more than fine temperature wise. Of course, just popping in and obviously talk to your OB, but just thought I would chime in :smile:

@Neikoda I like your water goal! I definitely constantly need to remind myself to drink more water- I was never very good at it haha

@WkoutMomtoBe omg, I love the idea of the cute work out shirts! I had not thought about that *scurries over to amazon and etsy*

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• Options

Orange Theory Fitness and roller derby (had to stop playing a week ago when I found out I was preggers but I played 3 bouts before I knew.)

20k steps a day, OTF 3x, trying prenatal yoga*, supplementing bodypump 2x a week to makeup for no roller derby practice

*had to give up hot yoga when my derby season started up earlier this year

rant: my heart rate has gone up so much since I conceived. I have to tone down my workouts because it gets higher so quickly. It's annoying. 

lips! I have no butt or boobs (yet!) so I love my lips! Also, I have very strong legs! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Also, can I say that I love this thread! Having other fit pregnant women to discuss things with! I can't tell my friends yet because it's too soon! This is the first time I'm pregnant so I have so many questions and worries. I really appreciate this group. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lezdispenser I'm with you on the heart rate thing. I wear an HRM when I work out and my heart rate gets much higher much faster now. 

• Options
    I teach fitness classes on the side (I started my own biz earlier this year, so I teach at a club I couldn't otherwise justify right now for the networking!!); I teach spin 2x a week and sub BodyPump, Tabata + Boot Camp as needed. On my own, I just completed 21-Day Fix pre BFP, I run 2-3x a week, and walk the dogs daily. I just ordered the Tracy Anderson Pregnancy Project! 

Keep up my workouts- I did a 5-mile run yesterday and my ankle has been bugging me (pre-preg as well). I hear joint issues just get worse, so I''m going to try the ice/water bucket, otherwise I'll decrease the running.

I used to be an elite runner, so I'm interested to see what pregnancy workout recommendations are for very fit women- I've found most info on the internet to err on the side of caution (but perhaps that comes from an assumption that the women asking are not super fit). Has anyone found any good articles?

For any of you looking for things to do at home, I will report back on how the TA Pregnancy Project is- I think she's an amazing trainer, and she's kept Gwyneth Paltrow fit after 2 babies!

My legs! (maybe not for long?! =)
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married: 09.14.13
    BFP 7-26-17, EDD 4-10-17

• Options
    @WkoutMomtoBe those shirts sound so cute!

@missbriarbee please let us know how the TA video is!  I usually prefer Jillian Michaels but I know I'll be needing to find something more pregnancy related in a few months time

I go to the gym 3x a week for 45 of cardio + a few reps of weights that I vary, plus yoga or pilates 2x a week

Just to keep it up at this point- and also to avoid sugar, which I'm terrible at.

TMI but I find myself doing extra cardio these past two weeks because it's the only thing that helps my horrible constipation!  I guess any motivation is good motivation, eh?

I have a nice hip to waist ratio and a relatively large butt.  I'm a bigger girl but I like to think its in the right places.
  • Options
    1-What have you been doing so far to stay fit?  I just found out and no symptoms yet so I'm going to stick with running, cycling, and swimming until I can't.  Last pregnancy the 1st trimester had me completely nauseated on the couch and I wasn't able to be active again until 2nd tri.  Hoping for better luck this time around!

2-What are your goals for this week? Swim, bike, and run each 1x.

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms?  Worrying day by day about when my nausea might hit! 

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? Gosh not much right now.  Probably overall  build of tall and (relatively) slender.
  • Options
    Running 2-3 miles a day + 20 min of abs/arms/stretches

My goal is to tone up a little (minus the belly) before a beach trip next month

I gained 45lbs with my first pregnancy. I kept up with the fitness but indulged in way too much ice cream. It took almost a year to drop (most) of the weight.   I plan to keep a little healther this time around

what?
  • Options

Joining you ladies!

So I'm still trying to shed the last 10lbs from my previous pregnancy. Not anymore since getting my BFP. I was doing Bikini Body Mommy and Weight Watchers previously. Now I'm definitely not doing WW, but wondering how safe BBM is to do while pregnant. Last time, I slacked off out of fear of exercising while pregnant. I don't want to do that this time!

2-What are your goals for this week? To not go overboard with sweets. I have little self control when it comes to sweets. Now that I'm not following WW, I'm trying to have self control and healthy eating habits. Starting with not going crazy on sweets.

3- Any questions, comments, rants/raves/randoms? What exercise programs are people doing that are known to be safe while pregnant? I'm seriously terrified of going overboard, but I like having videos, etc. to watch and a routine to follow. Bikini Body Mommy was really good for me that way, but I honestly don't know which of her exercises are safe.

4-GTKY: What is your favorite personal feature? Is it sad that it's taking me so long to think of something? That shows my lack of self confidence. Probably my eyes.
  • Options
    I talked to my dr yesterday and she said that I should try to keep my heart rate below 160. (S/n if anyone is in the market for an HRM I love the Polar H7. It's a chest strap that syncs with your phone over bluetooth).