January 2016 Moms

EBF period

Now that we're 6+ months out, I'm curious what those of you who EBF have experienced for periods, especially since the babes are (hopefully) sleeping longer and have started solids.

I am on the mini pill and have had very irregular light bleeding-- nothing I would call a real period, and much more frequent, maybe every two weeks or so. I know that irregularity is normal so I'm not concerned, just wondering what others' experience is and what this might imply about whether I've started ovulating again. 

Re: EBF period

• LO is 6.5 months, ebf, and I'm on the mini pill as well. No period for me yet and no spotting, but my cycle was all over the place prior to getting pregnant. I dread starting my period again!! So nice not having to worry about it! 
  • nackienackie member
    edited August 2016
    DS hit 6 months last week and we started solids mid July.  I still haven't gotten my period, but I usually get up to pump around midnight and then nurse him again around 4.  Hopefully that'll keep it away for a little who longer :)
    ETA: also on the mini pill
  • Loading the player...
  • kaym6kaym6 member
    edited August 2016
    Baby boy will be 7 months on the 5th. Period returned the day he turned 6 months! Interested to see if it comes as it should this month! I have the mini pill but haven't started taking any yet might just stick with condoms for a while. I stopped my MOTN pump about a month before it returned I believe 
  • I EP. I got a really light period on LOs 3rd month bday. About a month and a half later I got my first real period and I seem to be back on a regular schedule. I stopped pumping MOTN regularly as soon as LO would sleep through. I'm not on hormonal birth control. 
  • I had my first one this last month, 6.5 months and EBF and my little one won't eat solids right now. It kicked my butt, I never had bad periods before I got pregnant but this one was heavy, and I was crampy and so tired. I don't know if it's cause I havent had one forever so I forgot it how stupid they are or because it was my first one. I just hope they don't stay like that.
  • I BF, stopped MOTN feedings around 2.5 months or so, babes is 7 months and been playing with solids for about a month, and no period yet.  I've been wondering when it will show back up.  I'm not on the pill.  I feel like when it comes it's gonna be baaaaaad!
  • DD is just 6mos and I got AF about 2 weeks ago for the first time since getting pregnant. Nothing too bad. Just a little heavier flow. Over in a couple days. I'm BF and pumping.
  • Does anyone else's nipples hurt SO bad the few days before they start their period. I feel like I'm back in the early days of breastfeeding all over again. It hurts to even let the water hit them in the shower or dry them off. Before I got my period I told my husband I thought it was coming because they felt weird lol then I'm supposed to get it Wednesday and they are feeling like that again! 
  • EBF and I just got my first PP period. LO just turned six months, I still feed at night once around 3-4 am. I was in such an awful mood the day it came and having low back pain also so I was sort of glad to know the reason for all that, but mostly just annoyed. On the other hand, I told myself I would consider IUD again once I got my period back (didn't want to start bleeding when AF hadn't come back yet) so I guess there's that. We're currently using condoms and I'm not a fan lol
  • EBF and I got my first PP period right before she turned 3 months old. I've had regular periods since.
  • No period for me yet :)
  • I have had mine since LO was 2 and a half months and every month since. EBF but only waking once at night at that time. I find my supply drops a bit during it and I am extra thirsty. They are about the same as before I got pregnant; heavy and painful☹️.
  • EBF, using condoms no pill, and still MOTN feedings, solids at 4.5 months. I've had intermittent bleeding for weeks on end since 3 months, first period at 6.5 months.  I have always had irregular and terrible periods--- but my first one pp was way lighter and although painful, better than usual.  Interested to see how next month is and if it will be more regular. 
  • I stopped pumping last week and still no period. My girl stopped nursing about a month ago (preferred bottles) so I started pumping exclusively. I tapered back on the pumping and replaced with formula, down to 1 pump session a day for a few days. I thought for sure that would bring my period. Now a week later of no pumps/feeds still nothing! Come on AF! I want to get my cycles going again so we can start trying for #2 later this year.
  • With dd1 10 almost 11m it came back. I started soilds with her at 5m. Ds2 we started soilds last week of July really. He's feeding himself puffs and carrots with his one little tooth. No af
    yet. I'm hoping to go longer than last time. But my boy is not a nurse for comfort baby he's on the move and sleeps more At night than dd1. So I don't know. But my face is all broken out this week and it's got me wide ring af is coming sinner than I want.
  • I got mine for the first time last month but so far this month I'm like 6 days late so who knows what's going on. I do know I'm not pregnant unless a condom broke I was unaware of lol most likely it's just going to be irregular I guess 
  • No period or spotting At all for me ! Baby girl is 7 month old as of yesterday .. Eating 3 solid meals a day and breastfeeding on demand most of the day Between meals .. She has been sleeping through the night pretty consistently since 5 months old & no birth control being used over here. I am in no rush for it to return lol 
  • @kodariah I got mine exactly 6 mo pp and it kicked my butt too!! It was so awful I thought it could have been a miscarriage. I was literally on the floor crying when the cramps would kick in for 4 days. I bled for 7, really heavily. I got it again exactly a month later, my mood was just as awful but the pain was a lot better. Hopefully yours comes back better too! Also I still EBF and I'm not on any BC just condoms. 
    Did anyone else have such terrible cramping? It felt as bad/possibly worse than contractions.