TTC After a Loss
Options

---Trouble TTCAL : August edition---

Re: ---Trouble TTCAL : August edition---

• Options
    Thanks everyone! So funny you say that about baby's first picture @SnobunnieMel , our RE nurse told us she has always kept the photo of her son as a 5 day old embryo. Science is amazing.
  • Options
    I totally got teary reading your post and seeing your embaby's first photo
    @BornReady!  Sounds like everything worked out, FX for your betas! This gives me so, so much hope :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BornReady So exciting!  Also awesome that it was a good experience and you spent the rest of the day relaxing with your book!  Fx to you!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Options
    Wonderful news @chloe97! I hope that you do get to leave this thread and can conceive on your own!

@SnobunnieMel Yay for new prescription! Hopefully it'll help you. Just watch out for those crappy side effects. I was pretty close to murdering DH during one of my Clomid cycles, and I always had some crazy hot flashes.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31
    Married June 2010, TTC since March 2014
    Blog: ourbinarystar.com

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Great news @chloe97! I'm sure you're both ready to get a move on!

@SnobunnieMel How exciting for you! FX you'll have a BFP for the upcoming EDD.
  • Options
    I'm excited for you both @chloe97 and @SnobunnieMel. The dancing chicken nugget says it all.

@SnobunnieMel I know how you feel even though it's not my first medicated cycle, moving onto injectables is the next level for me and I'm a bit nervous about it and my EDD is a little less then 4 weeks away, so I get the pressure part.

****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Options
    @roxgibbons good luck and glad to hear you are a good candidate. The wait is sucky! 
    @BornReady I'm glad you had such a positive experience, I'm very interested in this type of therapy. I have a session tomorrow, but I'm worried that this therapist might not be a good match for me at this time. I think shes mostly cognitive behavioral.

Good luck to everyone moving forward with ivf this/ next cycle.
    I just had my day 2 of cycle blood work and am awaiting results. I'm guessing next is the meds, but not sure what will happen. So nervous!

Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @chloe97 we'll miss you but I hope you get to graduate from this thread!!  Keep us updated on the saline sonogram.

@SnobunnieMel ahhh yay!!!  Go fill that 'scrip girl :)

@roxgibbons I am moving on to injectables too...kind of scared, kind of excited.  It's definitely way more info than I expected.  I am seriously hoping my insurance covers that + the ovidrel or at least part of it...I got the estimate from the fertility pharmacy today and it was $1,000+.  How people without insurance do this is beyond me; if any of this ever works, my goal is to pay it forward to someone struggling with infertility that can't afford the MANY, MANY costs.
  • Options
    chloe97chloe97 member
    edited August 2016
    I love that @Aera11! There was another thread where a poster talked about difficult it is to cover the costs for IF treatments while simultaneously saving for a birth with $5000 deductible plan and 12 weeks unpaid maternity leave. I can't even imagine. I wonder if there is a foundation that provides grants for IF treatments. It seems like there should be. 

And yes I will definitely stick around I graduate out in a few weeks, I just mean I won't be able too contribute my own check-ins since I won't be on any protocol or work ups.
  • Options
    I think I saw that one @chloe97!  I'll have to go back through and see if I can find it.  It is insane what all of this costs and then to not even be guaranteed a healthy pregnancy/baby...it's just ridiculous.  I think there are various sites you can help donate to for IVF, but I haven't seen anything for the steps we all must take before IVF.  
  • Options
    Hey guys, remember how I was excited bc my af came and so I was able to do my day 2 cycle blood work and move on with next steps? Next doctors appt available is Sept 6th- for another consult with DH and I.  Now I have to wait a whole month to do anything? What should I do? :( So so frustrated, I cried on the phone to the secretary.
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 is there another dr you can try to get in with or is this the only people close by?
  • Options
    @chloe97 and @Aera11 DH and I have been OOP for infertility treatment for just over 2 years now because most insurances in California don't cover anything unless you work for a huge company that opts in. We personally have spent over $30,000, and DHs parents paid for our fresh IVF and first FET, which was about $13,600. It's not easy, especially since I don't work anymore, but we did save up with the expectation that I would be home until our youngest started school full time.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

FET cycle #3 Transfer July 28th 2016, Triplets born healthy on February 26th 2017 at 33w1d!

• Options
    Hey @SnobunnieMel - this doc is the best in the whole region. I am also comfortable with this hospital and its location is better for me than going into the city ( which is a hassle being that I don't work in Manhattan) So I'm sticking with it..
    .. but with that being said the very sweet secretary called me back and said that she double checked and it looks like someone cancelled an appt for tomorrow. So I told DH he HAS to come with, and we are in!!! tomorrow afternoon! I thanked her so much!!!
        @AandDM2014 thats so much $$. it's great that you guys have saved, and it sucks about California insurance. Its amazing how different it can be from state to state. Did these changes all happen recently? 

ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 that's fantastic news!! I'm so excited you are able ton get in much faster and hopefully get some plans in place moving forward. 
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 As far as I know it's never been required to offer infertility coverage in CA. And it does suck that it varies from state to state. Like, I have a legit medical condition, why isn't this covered! And yes, it is a lot of money to NOT have a baby! If I had one by now it would be better, but still don't! And now that I am currently pregnant, it's about $700 a week for my clinic visits, which will last 4-5 weeks. Oh the things we do for kids!
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @KarenBeth714 I'm so glad you got in!! Great news :)

@Aera11 It is more expensive for me as well. My last IUI cycles were so much more affordable but the dr told me to brace myself for the cost difference. I am picking up my meds this evening.

I went in for my baseline today and had a good AFC count 25 and no cysts so I will be starting Menopur tonight for the next 4 days and I have an ultrasound on Saturday to check in and see how I am doing. Also, I found out today that my RE office protocol for injectable cycles is to have you on progesterone suppositories for the TWW.  I haven't used the suppositories before-any insight on those or experience using them?  I know I've read that they can be pretty nasty.

Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Options
    @roxgibbons they aren't too bad actually. Some depends on the type. The waxy true suppositories are awful. I use a capsule that is small. Just get it as high as possible. I also usually get up at 430 and pop it in the. Lay around for an hour which I've noticed minimal discharge issues then and my second at bedtime. Some of them are red and can be a mind eff because then you think you are spotting nonstop. 

I also noticed less fatigue and symptoms than when I took the progesterone pills orally. Still some breast tenderness and weird dreams though 
  • Options
    @roxgibbons I was on endometrium for my IUI cycle. It was a waxy white pill suppository. Definitely messy. I didn't think the side effects were that crazy for me. I'm currently on crinone 8% gel 2 x per day, it's a pre-filled applicator you insert. It is actually a lot less messy than the suppositories oddly enough, but has some other not so great side effects of use. I guess it gets the job done, so that's all that matters to me!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for the input- I'm not sure which one she prescribed me but I will find out this evening. I think it's prometrium (SP?) anyway- either way it's worth whatever side effects if it's going to help. I'm starting to get pumped for this cycle- and so begins the roller coaster of emotions.
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Options
    @roxgibbons I used endometrin for my first transfer, and I haven't used them again since, and I refuse to. I am already prone to UTIs and using them just rampped it up and I ended up getting the worst UTI I've ever had. Like calling my nurse practically in tears asking if the antibiotics I had were safe to take.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Has anyone that uses clomid had problems with headaches? I've heard a little but didn't expect that as a major side effect. Pretty sure this raging puts my
    migraines to shame right now 
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel Yup! Every cycle I took Clomid gave me major headaches. One of the unfortunate side effects.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    @SnobunnieMel Sorry about the headaches, hopefully you get some relief! What we do for these potential future babies!

@BrightenMySky Just checking in on you since we haven't heard from you in awhile. Hope your cycle is going OK, thinking of you!

@KarenBeth714 Great news about the last minute appointment!
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel yes, I had horrible headaches! Tylenol, rest and lots of water helped.

@AandDM2014 that's great you were prepared for the costs and could save! And that's awesome your in laws could help. My parents have started giving each of my siblings and I a percentage of our inheritance now so we can actually use it, so I'm anticipating a good chunk will go to any treatments.  

@roxgibbons I think I'll be in a similar boat. I know if TI doesn't work and we need to do IUIs, they'll be more expensive but still more affordable than IVF for us.

Over the next week I'm going to research and see if I can find any (legit) sites/organizations that give aid to those struggling with infertility and I'm going to start donating. I want to put good fertility juju out there! I'm not a fan of the GoFundMe's but I'll always have a soft spot for others struggling to build their family.

• Options
    That's a great idea @Aera11 Id be interested in learning more ways to help and also raise awareness about fertility issues in general. Keep us posted! 

Just to to follow up on my previous post, we just got back from the appointment. We are looking at November for potential implantation ( after all the genetic probe work is designed, egg retrieval and all) my heart sunk all the way to the floor. DH is angry and is heading to the driving range to hit some balls as hard as he can. It's just not fair.. It feels so far away. I know I should be grateful that we have this option and that we are good candidates, but it just feels like we never get any good news. 
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    @KarenBeth714 That sounds about right, depending on where you are in your current cycle. I know it sucks, but that is just how IVF works, especially with testing. Just think of the next few months as a time to be calm and enjoy time with your DH. Go on some spontaneous dates, explore a new part of town. Once you get started with IVF you're pretty much gonna be tied to your house every single evening with refrigerated meds, and you probably won't feel like doing much. Think of it as a time to take excellent care of your body and mind.
    About us:
    Me - 28, Lean PCOS
    DH - 31

• Options
    Thanks. I know I should be feeling that wT but I can't help but just be so angry that we have to go through any if this at all. it just wasn't what j ever expected and it's hard to adjust expectations
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    I'm not sure if anyone follows the "Scary Mommy" posts on Facebook, but they posted this infertility article the other day that I enjoyed. Thought I would pass it along.

https://www.scarymommy.com/struggle-with-infertility-ttc/?utm_source=FB

@KarenBeth714 I'm sorry that the long timeline was upsetting for you and DH. This process can be so slow at times.

• Options
    Love that @BornReady! Was just thinking that your beta must be coming up soon. Hope you are managing to keep your anxiety levels down. Everything is crossed for you!
  • Options
    @BornReady I saw that the other day and it's amazing. You know she's been there. No one on the outside knows these emotions. I have been debating sending it to DH to read as insider information 

• Options
    @chloe97 Beta is Monday! It was supposed to be Sunday, but there is a big road race around my house on Sunday morning, so we are basically prisoners for the morning until it passes us by. I would also have to drive about 2 hours for the test when I can go on Monday morning much closer.
  • Options
    SnobunnieMelSnobunnieMel member
    edited August 2016
    @BornReady are you testing at home at all? I know. I am a POAS pusher
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel I'm not testing. I am tempted, but I dread going through the whole weekend depressed if it's not positive. I think I'm to the point where the test is accurate at this point, so I better be all in if I test and ready for whatever. I'm not there yet. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good though anxiety wise. It's hard to symptom spot with so much medication coursing through me. I'm still on estradiol 2 x day, the estrogen patch and crinone 2 x day. I'm not sure anything I feel is valid of my uterus!

How are you feeling on the clomid so far? When is your first scan?
  • Options
    @BornReady i understand those feelings. 

I have taken 3 doses. The headaches are unrelenting and get worse each day but That's my only symptoms so far so I will take it. My scan is cd12 next Wednesday. Hoping to trigger then or Thursday 
  • Options
    @SnobunnieMel sorry about the headaches. I didn't do clomid but had them when I did letrozole and the trigger shot would sometimes give me one too. GL on Wednesday!! 

@BornReady thinking of you- fx! 
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    DH- no kids
  • Options
    @AandDM2014 Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound today! Sending you lots of positive energy!