January 2017 Moms

Bump-less

sherrera92sherrera92 member
edited July 2016 in January 2017 Moms
So I'm just starting my 15th week and no bump in sight. Is this anyone else? I'm overly paranoid but there's no symptoms to be troubling me. Someone gimmie some hope that it's coming soon because I feel like a poser lol

Re: Bump-less

• I don't have a bump either. Just looks like I ate to much at certain points of the day. I am also 15wks. First pregnancy and on small, tall thin side. (If that makes a difference) Seen OB yesterday and he measured my belly right at 15wks and heartbeat was 155. I wouldn't worry! I've only gained 1.2 lbs in 11 weeks. Dr. said that's fine since I'm taking prenatal and am healthy.. I seriously eat all the time tho!
  • I also have no bump and I'll be 16 weeks on Monday. I actually lost about 12 pounds in the beginning because of terrible morning sickness. I haven't started to gain any of it yet. I have always consistently tried to eat and I haven't had any issues. I think everyone is different :smile: I wouldn't worry! 
    Pregnancy TickerMe: 26, DH: 31
    Diagnosed with Hashimoto's 06/17
    BFP #1: 05/11/16 DD born 01/01/17, Happy New Year
    TTC #2: 01/2019
    BFP #2 09/24/19--Ended in chemical pregnancy
    BFP #3 07/02/2020 Due: 03/10/2021

• Loading the player...
  • No bump at 15 weeks here, either. The most I get is bellyful of gas after dinner (how charming). Im in a normal weight range for my height, but I'm definitely not skinny. Just like you, I have no symptoms whatsoever. NT ultrasound results were normal. Went to the OB last week and she found a healthy heartbeat. I've read that it's very common for the bump to take a while to come in for first time moms, sometimes even into weeks 18-20. Your abdominal muscles and uterus ligaments take longer to stretch. Hope this helps!
  • No bump here and i am almost 16 weeks. I look a little fatter, but I was skinny before, and only people that knew me before can tell. It makes me feel self-conscious in the maternity section or baby section.
  • Thanks ladies! I've got the short and a lol chunk body type. Think Snooki during her binge drinking days. Anyway, I'm just ready to bump up already! 
  • hjmorgan-2hjmorgan-2 member
    edited July 2016
    I'm 15 weeks and FTM, in the last couple days I've 'popped'. HOWEVER, only my husband or people like my mom and sister notice, and that's only when I pull my shirt back. Otherwise I just look like I have a pudge. It doesn't look anything like a baby bump. The only reason I know it's baby is because it feels hard.

From what I understand it takes quite some time for the first one to really show. Especially depending on how your uterus is tilted.
    <3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 18 weeks tomorrow and still no bump over here! I went through all of the many stages of freak out that the baby wasn't growing, but people just show at different times. I have a feeling I won't get a real bump until I pass the 20 week mark. Just saw the baby on an ultrasound and everything is normal size... Just strong ab muscles, I guess! (That are typically hidden by a layer of drink-too-much-wine belly. Ahhhh I miss wine.) 
  • Lurking from F17... with my first pregnancy I was 19 years old, very thin, and in great shape. At my 16 week appointment I had been eating well but still only gained 5 lbs total. I was not showing at all. At my 20 week ultra sound, the tech thought it was a joke at first because I still had no signs of bumping out. Almost right after that I started popping out like crazy. By 25 weeks I was popping way out. I personally was disappointed that I didn't show for sooo long, but once I started showing, I just got bigger by the second lol. It's coming!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Almost 14 weeks and no bump at all. It took forever for me to show with my though. At 25 weeks my bump finally came out! I thought for sure though I would show quicker with my since it's my second pregnancies but guess not :/ just feeling nice and bloated. 
  • I never had much of a bump with my first. I was about 6 months before I really started gaining weight, and I just generally looked thicker through the middle. Even at 7-8 months I wasn't really wearing maternity clothes, just regular clothes one size up. This time I feel 6 months pregnant, and I haven't even hit 15 weeks. And pants are my enemy. Enjoy being small while you can ladies! 
  • BAJDesignsBAJDesigns member
    edited July 2016
    My bump was basically not noticeable until 15 weeks, when it seemingly appeared overnight. It it has stayed the same size for about two weeks now and everyone around me keeps saying I look so small for 17 weeks. I've started worrying baby isn't growing. But my appetite has finally picked up, so I know logically it's probably just my abs holding on!
  • I wasn't showing at our gender reveal last time around, after 20 weeks.  It'll come.  #teambeerbelly
    BabyName Ticker
  • Also realize that there are still a bunch of people like me who aren't *actually* showing but instead just have a ton of bloating or whatever else it is there. My stomach pops out but it is definitely squishy and 0% baby at this point. Sometimes I'd rather be in your shoes because bloating makes me feel kind of icky. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• I'm lurking from February 17 but With my first I didn't start to show until 23 weeks. I only weighed 105lbs so you would think It would have been sooner. Your baby bump will come soon. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• I have a "bump," but it's really just my uterus pushing my fat up to a level where I notice, plus a little bloating. (I've actually lost about 2-3 lbs so far) I don't have anything that anyone else can notice at this point - also 15w. 'They' say that the time to show is between 16 and 22 weeks. Which is a long time if you think about it. TBH until I started looking into pregnancy before we were trying, I thought it was rare to show before 4 - 5 months. No one I knew really had shown that early.

Also every person and every pregnancy carries differently. As long as your OB/MW says your baby is healthy, I wouldn't worry about it. I'll agree it makes it feel a little more surreal without something you can point out and say "hey, there's a baby." But it'll be real enough soon enough. 
  • @Mylitta I am having the same thing! My pudge is just pushed up more and noticeable and after I eat I can't suck it in anymore but no bump to speak of. I will be 16 weeks tomorrow.
    I keep psyching my self out by worrying that something is wrong but at last appt everything was fine. I'm almost happier this way so I don't have to deal with the attention at work when people find out by actually seeing my bump! 
    I'm so glad someone started this thread, these have been my thoughts all last week!!
  • KMck27KMck27 member
    With my first two pregnancies I really didn't show until 5 or six months. This time around I definitely started showing early (within the past week or so). I think it's not only because I'm a third timer, but also because I had my daughter less then a year ago...I just caved this week into breaking out my maternity clothes (although my boobs are apparently not as big as they were last time :( )
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • As a stm this time around, my bump has appeared much much sooner. The first time, nada until 20 weeks. The first time a stranger commented I was 25 weeks. I understand wanting to look as pregnant as you feel and wanting to show as much as others who are the same or less weeks along. My midwife always assured me baby was measuring normal and that was all I needed to hear. On the positive side, you don't have a big belly to add anymore discomfort in the summer heat and you probably won't get huge by the time you deliver. The comments along the way about being too small are irritating but it prepared me for all the other stupid and unsolicited comments I would get after baby came. I just learned to brush it off and reply in a matter of fact way. 
  • WholesomeWholesome member
    edited July 2016
    ...when you do finally bump out, people think they can just come to you can rub your belly.  I'm a personal bubble kind of gal - not cool.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Mine JUST started showing at the end of 17 weeks so there is hope! I looked like I had a beer belly before haha.
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• I am 17 weeks and my belly looks pretty round BUT I have always had a tiny pot belly which is think is contributing - I can still suck it all the way in - but that gets tiring so I just let it out. I definitely feel like it's false advertising. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• I wore a form fitting dress recently and I looked 6 months pregnant, then today I just have a little bump so I think I'm still fighting bloat. I do have a small bump now, not a flat tummy like @Michellewfhs

I think stature has a lot to do with actually having a real bump. I have a pretty small frame, I'm 5 foot 5 inches and people definitely referred to me as "super skinny" or a "stick" (aren't people nice?) with a short torso. I thought it was going to be forever until I showed because my mom and sisters didn't show at all until their 6-7 months.  Surprise, surprise when I'm starting to  show at 3 months! My sisters are both between 5 foot 9-10 inches and have long torsos so I think that gives baby and organs more room to move around. 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm 16+4 right now and in the morning I don't look pregnant at all, but by the end of the day I look like I ate too much pizza! I'm 5'7'' so I'm not short but I still feel like I should see something! Not looking/feeling pregnant definitely makes it harder for me to connect with the pregnancy, but I'm trying to accept the fact that I am indeed pregnant! 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am going on 18 wks this week and I deff have gained but since I am overweight my tummy doesn't look round. I just look like i've gotten chunkier. I know my tummy has gotten bigger and I am "showing" but my tummy is "split" since I have an upper tummy and gut area. I probably wont show (with a round tummy) until I am almost due. At least that's how it was with my DS.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My bump is all fat. Like someone said above - my growing uterus is squishing my belly pooch into a nice fat roll. I was trying to embrace it but now I just feel pretty pudgy.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm 15 weeks, I've gained about 5 pounds and I'm still in my regular clothes but they feel so tight, I'm waiting on some maternity clothes I ordered but it's frustrating feeling like nothing I own fits when I don't look pregnant, I just feel chunky. 
  • My Mom and a dear friend of mine both never really "showed" with any of their pregnancies and they were both thin (I still wonder where the babies were hiding lol). Everyone is different. I on the other hand went from barely a bump at 20 weeks with my last pregnancy to gigantic within a couple of weeks. This time I kinda feel like I'm showing more at 14 weeks than I did last time, but mostly I just feel really, really bloated. Everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different.
  • I also am 15 weeks with no bump on the up side in normal clothes still. I kept trying to explain to people I started this pregnancy 10lbs lighter than the last and I still am within a pound of where I started. Doctor doesn't seemed concerned so I go with that. 
  • Same here and 15 weeks as well. The bump people claim to see is just the pooch of fat remaining from my previous 2 pregnancies. I have gained a healthy 6 pounds, but it didn't go to my "bump" Just made me a bit plumper all around.
  • You guys are lucky actually! This is my second so my bump popped early like around 10 weeks I'd say but I am on the thin side myself. Last time it really took some time and I didn't really have an obvious bump till 20 weeks I would say. It was there before but not as noticeable. No worries - by the end of my pregnancy I was truly enormous so enjoy the free extra room while you have it! It gets uncomfortable fast!
  • KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited August 2016
    I'm 19 weeks and hardly showing. I can notice if im not wearing a shirt. I'm pretty petite so not sure where he/she is hiding. I can feel my pants being tighter though. I feel you with all these HDBD pictures. They are great but keep me worrying something is wrong. Crazy to think I'm almost half way and hardly showing.
  • I thought I was showing incredibly. Then we met with our doula for the first time last night... and she's incredible, but she said to me: "And when you're further along, like 4 months or maybe more... we'll start talking about your birth plan..." and I had to go, "Woah woah woah, I am going to be 20 weeks: 5 months... in 3 days...."

Even being petite, I don't understand how anyone could mistake me for being 12 weeks pregnant at this point :|
  • ageaagea member
    I'm 18.5 and still not showing.... I thought I'd have announced at work by now but kind of want to hold out until there's a bump. I've found that people still touch my bloated stomach as soon as they find out so I really don't want peeps reaching for my food baby. Eck.
    im also irrationally feeling like I'll never show. Plus anterior placenta so no movement either. It kind of suspends reality and I find myself checking the Doppler more to make sure everything's ok.
    i know it's normal.... And in many ways a blessing for the option of discretion but still.
    where is this thing??
  • @sarag I am 21.5 weeks and i still don't have a real bump. I'm currently in the stage where it looks like I have a beer belly or I'm just really full. A good friend of mine with a similar body type didn't get a real bump until 23 weeks. Think of all the plus sides... you can still wear your regular clothes, sleep on your stomach, and see your feet! I was worried about it before, but now I'm seeing this as a great thing as I start to notice my blob-of-a-bump getting bigger. It's just going to keep going from here. 

I still feel like I'm lying about being pregnant when people ask me about it or I tell people. Fortunately I can feel movement now, but I feel like a fake being 5.5 months with no baby bump to show! So, you're definitely not alone in your feelings. 
  • im at 18 and do not have a great bump. my middle looks wider. i get bloated easily. but that's it. i unfortunately have very tailored clothes and don't fit into anything, so i missed out on that bonus! i have an anterior placenta and feel movement intermittently, which i didn't think would happen. i still doppler a lot too, tho.
  • I'm finally showing at 21 weeks but there are still certain clothes of mine that either completely hide it or just make me look bloated:

(creepy blurring out of other peoples' faces because respecting privacy is good--but seriously, the dude to my right looks more pregnant than I do there)

I was taking an Uber a few days ago and chatting with the driver and he was commenting on how awful the weather this winter is supposed to be and I was like, "Yeah, we're having a child in the beginning of January so I just know it's going to be during a snow storm when that happens..." and he did a triple double-take and kind of stammered and was like, "Repeat that?" 

I never realized until this pregnancy that there is a difference between showing and having a bump. Because I definitely have a bump. It shows in dresses. But I guess depending on how you're carrying and your natural body shape, you can definitely have a bump and not show :|
  • Just wanted to add to those worrying about being bump-less, I just had my anatomy scan (a little late) and even without a real bump (stomach just looks thick--lovely) at almost 22 weeks, baby is measuring ahead and is already over a pound. I guess he doesn't need a bump to grow like that! (...yet, that is)