September 2016 Moms

Thinx

Will anyone be trying Thinx Panties after baby is born?  I keep seeing articles raving about them, and I'm curious how well they'd stand up to postpartum flow.  Has anyone tried them for your regular period?  Thoughts?  Reviews?
https://www.shethinx.com/

Re: Thinx

• I have a girlfriend who swears by these. I'm thinking the immediate postpartum flow may be a bit too much for them to handle, but I'm totally thinking they would work after a week or so. I'm definitely open to trying them!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • drmh22drmh22 member
    Nope. Same reason I don't do CDs...I just don't want to deal with the mess, I'd rather just use pads and throw them away. That being said, I know 2 people who have used them and both were happy with how they performed!
  • Loading the player...
  • This whole concept skeeves  me out, personally. But to each her own!

Just reading the website, and seeing that they absorb an equivalent of two tampons at most, tells me that you'd go through several pair per day, so it's probably best to not bother for post partum use. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm crunchy and have heard great things but just doesn't look like it would cut it for immediate pp. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was thinking about maybe trying them but still using pads and just having them as a backup method 
  • I'm with @KimmySchmidt the whole idea of them kind of grosses me out a lot. I wouldn't think they would hold up to PP bleeding anyway like other posters have said.
  • MojieJoMojieJo member
    edited July 2016
    I wore them pre-pregnancy for my periods and love them (before getting them I used cloth pads and Thinx are more comfortable and seem to do a much better job of locking away moisture), but I don't think I'll be using them for postpartum bleeding.  

My understanding is that postpartum bleeding has a different texture and they won't work well with it (i.e. Thinx won't absorb it because it's thick and...chunky?).  

I'd also be concerned about the absorbency level. The pairs I have hold either 1.5 or 2 tampons' worth of blood, IIRC, so it seems like that would necessitate a lot of pairs to deal with the flow (and they're not cheap).  

Then there's the sizing issue.  What will fit me immediately postpartum will be too big for me later and I don't want to waste a lot of money on period panties I won't be able to continue to wear.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Thanks for the thoughts!
  • Along this line, is anyone considering or has used menstrual cups before? I have a friend who swears by her diva cup. 
  • @marikkita12 I have wanted one for years but haven't bit the bullet. Worried it won't fit and there are a ton of different brands. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Along this line, is anyone considering or has used menstrual cups before? I have a friend who swears by her diva cup. 
    I have also heard good things. Basically that the learning curve is a little steep, but once you get the hang of it, it's amazing. It seems like an obvious "no no" while you are still recovering from child birth. 

The basic concept doesn't gross me out as much as the idea of digging around my only period town vagina does. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• RG1RG1 member
    @marikkita12 My friend also swears by hers but not sure if I'd want to use one postpartum. I would likely have problems using one because I have vulvodynia (extreme sensitivity and pain when the inside tissues are touched) and tampons are a bit painful. But I would love to try one!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Guys menstrual cups are amazing. 
    I use soft cups which are disposable and I have a diva cup too.
    I highly recommend them
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KimmySchmidtKimmySchmidt member
    edited July 2016
    Megan324 said:
    Guys menstrual cups are amazing. 
    I use soft cups which are disposable and I have a diva cup too.
    I highly recommend them
    Totally ready this as "guys' menstrual cups" instead of "Guys, menstrual cups..." As if it were a separate product. Menstural cups for guys. Took a beat, but I got there.  Was a touch confused.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I've used a Diva Cup but mine has always leaked. I'm 95% sure it's something I'm doing wrong or something about my anatomy (I do, TMI, have a scar up inside that's like a divot), but it doesn't seal right on me.  

Everyone else I know who uses them thinks they're fantastic, so I think it's a "me" issue.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• @KimmySchmidt proper punctuation would have been good haha. Sorry!
    Pregnancy Ticker