May 2016 Moms

Finding a new job post pardem

My company is currently going through yet another restructuring, so the idea of promotion has been put on hold for the third year in a row. Half the people in my department have jumped ship within the last year due to being tired of working in a dead end position, and we can't hold on to temps for anything.

My boss has told me I'll be taking on extra work when I get back in, but made it clear there will be no advancement opportunity. Like my coworkers, I'm ready to move on. However, I'll need some accomodations, such as being able to start/leave a little early to pick LO up from daycare in the evenings, as well as pump twice mid day. I'm not sure how and when to address these issues with a potential future employer.

Additionally, what do I do if I am invited for a full day interview? My body can't go over five waking hours without pumping before I start to feel sick.

Has anyone been through this or have ideas for how to handle it?

Re: Finding a new job post pardem

• no real advice beyond PP, start applying because it can take months to go from interview to start date - just moral support.  My company is restructuring too but I'm hesitant to leave because of the flexibility they give me and more change right now doesn't appeal to me.  Good luck!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything @dshannah said plus support. I applied for, interviewed, and got a new job all while on maternity leave. It's possible. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Thanks ladies! :)