September 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday

Re: UO Thursday

• Options
    Ever since going on maternity leave a week ago, I don't understand how people can just sit around and binge watch tv all day. I feel incredibly tired and unmotivated today and I've watched 3 episodes of Broadchurch. I feel myself being sucked down a dark path and I'm over dramatically beginning to think I'm becoming depressed. 
    I always HAVE to be doing something productive with my time, otherwise I feel incredibly guilty and useless. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    I'm jealous that you're already on maternity leave @ahackett1990.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm jealous that you're already on maternity leave @ahackett1990.
    I worked for my dad's company as an admin assistant. A lot of my job required me to be in a production shop, which reaches close to 100 degrees in the summer. I didn't have much of a choice anymore :( I was struggling even back in June with the heat at work! It's definitely been an adjustment to be a 'housewife' until this little babe makes her appearance! 
    TTC immediately

• Options
    @ahackett1990 I know exactly how you feel.  I've been off this whole summer (teacher + taking next year off due to probably relocation during the school year), and I've been going a bit stir crazy.  It was the same when I was job hunting after college.  I can't see being a SAHM after this first year, although with a baby in the house I'll at least have more to do, day-to-day.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I too am jealous that you're already on maternity leave but work has been pretty slow lately so I guess I would rather be home being productive because there is a ton of stuff I need to do but have no energy for on the weekends. 

With that, I will say that my UO is I hate being at work with nothing to do.  I personally can't stand feeling like I'm a slacker but there is literally nothing for me to do and it bugs me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @CRich15 I hate that feeling too! People used to make fun of me at work for dusting/reorganizing everything when I had nothing to do. My logic was that I'd rather be doing that than feeling completely useless and be accused of slacking. 
    TTC immediately

• Options
    @Jabreen - with a 1.5 year old, there's certainly more to do.. but on days that I'm home (3 days a week) where I have nothing to do during his nap .. I still feel really stir crazy. I knew from the get-go that SAHM life was not a good fit for my personality/mentality and I was definitely right!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Annas930 Glad to hear I'm not alone.  I mean, I know I'm not, but for whatever reason all my current mom friends are either happy SAHMs or miserable working moms who wish they could be at home.  Both paths are great, if you are satisfied with your personal work-life balance, and none of my friends have ever said anything to imply that my plan to go back to work is bad or silly, but it feels weird being the only one in the group that wants that!
  • Options
    @Jabreen - for me, the balance is great. Sure I have days that I'm one place and wish I was in the other, but I think you'd find that with any situation. I'm just not a person who would do well being 100% at home or working more than I do (I used to work a lot more in a previous job and it took a huge toll on me). I hope that it works out well for you too :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ahackett1990 I am the exact opposite when it comes to hanging out at home.  I was just telling my husband that sitting here without much to do kills me when I know I have a ton of stuff I could be doing at home.  Those bathrooms aren't going to clean themselves and there is so much clutter I need to go through and purge.  I just don't have the energy for it at the end of the day to do what needs to be done around the house.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited July 2016
    ElcaB said:
    Crocs are stupid. 

Ha! I'm getting new ones to wear to and from the hospital and to walk around while there. I hate being barefoot, even at home so Crocs are my "house shoes".

ETA I don't wear them out though 
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I used to wear crocs out all the time.. they were crazy comfortable and I just didn't care.  I might just get a new pair as "house shoes" since I also can not be barefoot.  I take off my flip flops when I get home and put on socks immediately.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think crocs are comfortable at all!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ajn092ajn092 member
    This could go in multiple threads but I'm really, really excited about starting my maternity leave (last day of work is tomorrow).  I'm with the other no energy at the end of the day mamas and our weekends are packed.  I'm looking forward to being able to get the house spotless and to finish organizing our nursery.  With all the talk about the holidays in other threads I purchased these from Amazon.

Bucilla Candy Express Christmas Stocking Felt Applique Kit 86147 18-Inch  

One for DH and one for DS and will be matching the ones that DD and I have.  The reviews said they take about 50 hours each to make so will need to get started before he gets here.  

Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @ajn092 - I bought some of those stockings last year for DH and I (and the dog!) And am still on like step 20 of my first one! They are so fun to make, but so detailed and time consuming!
  • Options
    UO: I hate the term, "sexy time." Mostly because every time I see it, I read it with a Borat voice. 
    And THIS is why I like the term! I always say/read it like Borat and can't take it seriously. As in I can't go to my DH and propose 'sexy time' in a sensual way.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
  • Options
    @ajn092 those are cute! Link, plz? I  definitely need something to do while waiting for this LO to pop ou.
  • Options
    ajn092ajn092 member
    @PoodleDoodleOoo I'm not normally a very crafty person so I may be leaning on the crafty moms for their wisdom and advice.

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom links below are for the specific ones I purchased but Bucilla makes lots of cute options including some that have ballerinas for little girls.

Bucilla Candy Express Christmas Stocking Felt Applique Kit, 86147 18-Inch

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B002VRBNPQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bucilla Santa's List Christmas Stocking Felt Applique Kit, 86360 18-Inch
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00APJ38MI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @drmh22 Noo! I don't have FB! 
  • Options
    Boards die so hard when the move to fb happens. Also... fb is banned at work, so I won't do the full move until baby is born. So because I love a few non-fbers, and for selfish reasons I don't wanna move!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    The non-face bookers need to just get Facebook! I just feel like it gets more personal there because you lose the potential for lurkers. You know exactly who can see what you're posting rather than having it out there for any and every person who decides to look. 
  • Options
    I'm planning to join the FB group whenever it happens, but I also don't feel any rush to do it now. I almost would rather wait until the babies are here and the board activity starts to fade naturally. Then, people who want to participate in the prenatal discussions can without having to change anything up. How long does the board stay up after September? I'm assuming a while, so we can so talk about the new LOs and challenges they bring.
  • Options
    @Jabreen Dec14 is still up... I don't know that they ever close.  I should say is still up but with very very very little action. I peek back when extremely bored since I left the bump right after my son was born... I don't know anyone on there
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's nuts that anyone is bored at home.  I would KILL for some time home alone to do nothing. 
    Word
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Also no FB over here!!

i have been home since end of May since my appendectomy and I am LOVIN it. I've always been a busy body and needing things to do, but I occupy my day by reading, doing yoga from YouTube, napping, working on school work and walking my dog. It helps that I go into town about once a week for appointments. I find any longer between town visits and I start to get a bit stir crazy. But definitely trying to enjoy the quiet time alone before LO comes!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @ajn092, my mom made me a stocking like that when I was born.  When I got married, I made one for DH and made my DS and DD theirs when they were born.  I never thought I would have more kids and remember saying, "I will never make another stocking again!"  They are adorable, but they are so time consuming!  Fast forward 6 years and I'm now having twins.  I'm 75% done with one for baby boy and haven't started baby girl's.  Good luck!  I'm sure they will turn out really cute.  
  • Options
    I don't like Oreos.
  • Options
    I don't like Oreos.
    Me neither!! Glad I am not the only one.