September 2016 Moms

Shoes / Sandals for swollen feet

What shoes or sandals are you wearing for swollen feet? I have been wearing Toms to work but now need another pair in a larger size. I recently had to get a last minute pair of sanyuk yoga flip flops on amazon to wear for a wedding when I realized the Steve Madden ones wouldn't strap across my ankles. It's been frustrating to say the least, so I am wondering how everyone else is getting by in the shoe / sandal area? Any recommendations? I love Toms but would love to have more choices! 

Re: Shoes / Sandals for swollen feet

• I live in old navy flip flops. At $3/ pair, I don't feel bad buying a bigger pair if I need to 
  • I've been wearing Teva's.  They're comfy, have some support, but don't constrict my feet (until the end of the day when the swelling is beyond containment).  My work doesn't have any shoe restrictions though so I'm lucky with that.  Last pregnancy I went to DSW and just bought a cheap pair of sale slip-ons that were a size bigger.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Loading the player...
  • I have had problems with plantars fasciitis (bad heal pain) while pregnant so I can't just wear toms or cheap flip flops. I really like sketchers. I just bought some sketchers flip flops and they are very supportive. I also have some no lace sketchers tennis shoes that are kind of loose yet fit well and I love them! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• I try to stick to backless sandals while at work, but keep a pair of more professional looking shoes in my car or at my desk in the event that I need to squeeze into something temporarily.  It's not comfortable but I refuse to buy more shoes right now.  When I'm home or on the weekends I'm either barefoot or in loose sandals or sneakers.
  • I'm wearing the very unclassy black New Balance flip flops. They are comfy and have a lot of support, but they are also just flip flops, so they may not be appropriate for all work settings (thankfully mine is pretty casual, and is exceptionally forgiving of me since I'm pregnant). 
  • I just made the move to only flip flops this week. I do keep a pair of old stretched out black flats under my desk just in case I need to throw them on, however.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been wearing Sanuk Yoga Slings and they are SO comfortable. My soles hurt if I wear uncomfortable shoes after getting pregnant and those are amazing. The top is stretchy and soft and the rest is supposedly made of recycled yoga mats. Those have been a lifesaver.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • ajn092ajn092 member
    I'm wearing the very unclassy black New Balance flip flops. They are comfy and have a lot of support, but they are also just flip flops, so they may not be appropriate for all work settings (thankfully mine is pretty casual, and is exceptionally forgiving of me since I'm pregnant). 
    Best Flip Flops ever. I bought several pair earlier in the summer and having been living in them. To work, on the weekends, around the house. And forgiving with swelling due to heat. 
    Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ooh thanks for this post!! I work in a professional setting which has also been forgiving of my symptoms. I did get a doctor's note to wear sandals around the office which is perfect given our 90s+ heat as of late. I do miss my heels..but the only things that fit are my Birkenstocks for work and my Sam Edelman Gigi's for going out on the weekends. Screw anything with an ankle strap! 

@PoodleDoodleOoo @ajn092 what are these NB sandals you speak of?! 
  • I've been wearing a lot of ON flip flops but have also found some of the Crocs sandals are very comfortable for in the office
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  •  These are the ones i've been wearing! They are quite comfy.
    https://www.dsw.com/shoe/new+balance+w6074+flip+flop?prodId=349282
  • Flip flops daily! I have no idea what I'd do if I worked and had to wear real shoes. 
  • I work in a business/business casual place.  I was doing plain flats but those could get too tight and hot.  Now I'm wearing Skecher's yoga slings in black, not fully what we are supposed to wear but no one has said anything.  I do have the the Sanku's in grey too but they don't look as nice.  I also bought a pair of Clark's flip flops, they have an adjustable strap which is awesome for swelling.  

• ajn092ajn092 member
    I'm wearing a different style than what @PoodleDoodleOoo.  I've been using these ones (JoJo thong).  They are pretty cushy and I like that they have slightly molded to the shape of my foot.

New Balance Womens JoJo Thong Sandal

Me - 33  DH - 36
    DD 10/4/02
    DS due 9/28/16

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My regular backless sandals still fit, Tory Burch or Jack Rogers, so that's what I wear to work.....although the jacks aren't exactly easy to kick off at the end of a long day hahah. Oh and my rainbows flip flops are fine too. Gave up on flats although I don't usually wear in the heat of the summer anyway. 
  • I have dressy t-strap sandals that I wear to work (flat obviously). At home I have some kind of ugly new balance flip-flops with memory foam. Not fashionable, but very comfortable!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    edited July 2016
    Mostly sandals. Nicer ones for work and Nike Comfort for everyday 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• @jbscmama I tried to wear my TB flats and instead my feet looked like sausages popping out of the casing. 

@KimmySchmidt those nike flip flops look legit!!! hmm...
  • RG1RG1 member
    I've been wearing a pair of Sperrys I've had for a few years when I go out walking.  They're very worn out at the top so nice and loose. I was wearing flip flops around the house/outside but I slipped on our porch in them and fell on my tailbone so my husband has banned me from flip flops haha. Just barefoot around the house now! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I either wear my TOMS (which have stretched out sadly) and birks. At work I generally kick off my shoes and go barefoot. But that was me pre-pregnancy too. I don't like wearing shoes...
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Even in the loosest of flip flops, any footwear touching these big ol' balloons leaves a dent the size of Cleveland. It is extremely gross. Barefoot is the way to go (but seriously I am ordering some of the sandals mentioned herein).
  • I love my Reefs pregnant or not. I used to kick off my shoes whenever I came into my house. Ever since we moved into our house with hardwood floors, I feel like I need to wear shoes. I usually keep my Reefs on all day. They eventually kind of mold to your feet. I actually kept one of my old pairs to use at the hospital and then I'll toss them after. 
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Thanks for all your responses. I just picked up a pair of sketchers slip on sneakers in black to wear to work. They are super comfy! 
  • At home, black Chaco flip flops and a pair of knock off black Birkenstock sandals that look slightly more dressy.

At work, I have a pair of Michael Kors tan driving mocs that miraculously still fit, and I've worn them every single day for the last 3 weeks, and planning to do the same till they stop fitting or baby comes. I am trying to avoid buying any more shoes if at all possible.