2nd Trimester
Options

Nickname help

So we found out yesterday were having a BABY BOY!!  :)  <3 

My husband john and i have decided on the first name being John, because that's what his family names the first boy. And the middle name will be jeffrey, after my father. Our last name starts with P.

Were looking for nickname help. I'm not okay with Jack (or variations of), JJ, or Jeff.

Does anyone have any nickname ideas???

Re: Nickname help

• Options
    kyraaDkyraaD member
    nicknames kind of form on their own, i feel. i don't think it's aomething you should really worry yourself with. once your meet your baby, the nicknames will start flowing.
  • Options
    I'm sure a nickname will develop organically on its own once he's here and begins to develop a personality.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KRB22KRB22 member
    Are you looking for something other than John to differentiate from your husband? My husband is also John and always went by that as a child - no nickname. When he was older, friends started calling him by his last name, and sometimes a shortened form of that. 

Other than Jack or JJ, the options that come to mind for you are Jay or Johnny - if you want to use a nn from the outset. Or, like PPs said, it's likely a nn will develop organically over time. 
  • Options
    Johnny? Or why not just call him by his name until something else develops naturally. (If it does)