1st Trimester
Options

3 positive hpt and negative blood test

argh! So I'm still breastfeeding my little one and started to feel crazy symptoms, so I took a hpt and it was positive. I took another just to be safe and it was also positive. I went into the doctors today and they did an ultrasound and found nothing, but they said my uterine walls were thickening. I did a blood test and it came back negative. My regular ob just transferred hospitals and I really didn't like the ob I went to this time, she was too confusing. After the results, I came home and just for funsies, got a positive hpt again. Has this happened to anyone before? I searched the board, but could only find the opposite problem (positive blood, negative urine). 

Re: 3 positive hpt and negative blood test

• Options
    gwyssgwyss member
    I had one positive hpt two weeks ago, then two negative hpts and a negative blood test last week. One week later I had 3 more positive hpts and went in yesterday for blood. It was positive! So it might just be too early for blood.
  • Options
    Knottie59802221 It depends on if they did a qualitative or quantitative blood test. For qualitative, your HCG levels have to be past a certain point before they consider you to be pregnant.
    Me: 23 | DH: 27
    Married: 10.11.15
    MC #1: June 2014
    MC #2: December 2015
    APS Diagnosis: February 2016
    BFP 7/24, EDD 4/5/17
    Previously nweg...7878
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neikoda said:
    Knottie59802221 It depends on if they did a qualitative or quantitative blood test. For qualitative, your HCG levels have to be past a certain point before they consider you to be pregnant.
    This. Ask what the # is (if they did a qualitative).

Also, I hate to ask, but you were looking at the results within the specific time frame, right? 

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison