July 2016 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF to myself. I can't seem to remember to feed myself until 1-2pm when I feel like I'm going to pass out from starvation, and then all I can muster is crackers and PB or something equally pitiful. I feel like I had my shit way more together the first week PP than I do now at 3 weeks... I was making DH breakfast and cooking dinner, getting laundry and dishes done, and now I feel like I can't get anything done besides diaper changes, pumping, and feeding this baby. 
  • @erin7264 with my first kid, I had a hard time getting myself food, so I kept a stock of my favorite trail mix next to where I was breastfeeding. I'd fill a cup so that it was easy to grab and eat. My mix of choice was almonds, peanuts, and yogurt covered raisins. It's not the most well-rounded meal, but gave me protein and calories, and my milk-supply was awesome. It's an easy way to care for your need for extra calories when you haven't time or energy to make food. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jennyleigh16jennyleigh16 member
    edited July 2016
    @erin7264 I feel the same way. The first week we were home I was still cooking dinner and doing laundry and now at 4 weeks PP I feel like all I do is nurse constantly. I think the novelty of being able to do it all has worn off as well as the sleep deprivation of the last month has caught up to me. I do feel like I had a much better handle on balancing everything before. 
  • Man I wish I could stop eating!! I feel like all I do all day is feed my kid and feed myself! I want to eat every single time I get done nursing. No wonder I am not loosing much weight! 
  • Thanks for the tip, @jen11797. I'm allergic to some tree nuts so trail mix is out, but I have some snacky foods I can grab. Maybe if I stash them on the table next to the pump I won't forget - that's half the battle, I just don't *remember* to eat until it's too late. I've also seriously fallen down in the water consumption department, although thankfully my milk supply seems to be pretty unaffected by my lack of eating and drinking.

@jennyleigh16 I think you are right, I felt like superwoman that first week getting everything done and taking care of the baby. Maybe she slept more or was on a better schedule, I don't know what it was but I feel like to get anything serious accomplished now I need to have my mom come over and babysit or something. I feel bad handing her off to DH the second he walks in the door, I know he does want to spend time with her but we live on a farm and he's got a ton of projects to work on, too. And now she's started having a daily witching "hour" from 7-9, just fussy and tired but fights sleep. I feel bad that he gets maybe an hour of time with her where she's not just squealing in his ear and fussing constantly, and I think it makes him feel like he isn't a good parent/can't comfort her. 

We are on the struggle bus today!
  • @erin7264 I'm having the same problem, I don't eat any real food until about 4pm..part of it is that I keep sleeping until noon because the heaviest feeding hours over here are about 4am-9am and so after that is my best chance for a solid chunk of sleep. Otherwise I feel like I have to choose between eating, sleeping, showering, or doing something useful in the short spurts of time that LO doesn't need to eat or be held. Which means I haven't showered in two days and I don't eat til 4pm and the rest of the day my butt is glued to the couch nursing. I'm trying to cherish the cuddles and being needed, I'm sure I'll miss it, but I really need a shower!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Wtf child. He's come out way smaller then expected and I have no clothes for him. Everything I brought was 000 and he doesn't even fit into the one 0000 onesie I have. He's got no clothes to wear and it's winter here- how am I supposed to get him home?

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• @erin7264  I'm with you when it comes to your LO and SO. I feel bad for my DH because so often he's holding him when hes crying or fussy. I was having a rough day last week and basically handed him off as soon as MH got home and the munchkin started to cry and DH looked at me with tears in his eyes (and hes not a crier) and in the most pitiful voice told me that our boy cries every time he holds him. It broke my heart. I know he feels like our baby doesn't love him and he's not important and it hurts to see him feel that way. 
  • erin7264erin7264 member
    edited July 2016
    @jennyleigh it sucks. And it's hard for me to sit and listen to her cry and not take her from him, but she needs to spend time with him. 
  • @jennyleigh16 @erin7264 That was DH with our first baby too. The good news/bad news is with number two, he is better at soothing him than I am (if I don't pull out the boob) probably because he had to try so hard with DD. I'm pretty jealous that this baby is better for him. When we had family visiting the other day and LO was fussy, I got him to settle down myself and then DH ripped him away from me. I almost burst into tears in front of everyone. DH now understands that is not cool.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @whataboutscience Not cool but good that he can soothe him. @erin7264 I keep telling MH that our son is all about me right now but that soon enough he'll be all about Daddy and wanting to follow him around and be like him. I think he likes that idea.