Breastfeeding

Switching from EP to EBing

My baby is currently 4 weeks old, (37 weeks adjusted). When she was born 7 weeks early, I started pumping for her while she was in the NICU. 

shes been home about a week and a half now and I'm overwhelmed with the schedule of pumping, plus feeding her the bottle, all while caring for my two young boys as well. She latches and nurses well but since I've been pumping, I'm basically making double what she takes (currently) in one day. How do I drop pumping and just nurse without killing my supply?
thanks!

Re: Switching from EP to EBing

• You could try cutting out one pumping session at a time for a few days until your body regulates then dropping another? I know when my LO first came home I was feeding him and then pumping for ten minutes every three hours around the clock for jaundice, and I ended up with the worst oversupply. He is 18 weeks now and I'm just not to the point where I don't have to pump everyday.
  • I would try to space the pump sessions out longer instead of "dropping" one. This would eventually "drop" your sessions slowly.

Say, instead of pumping every 2-3 hours, start with every 2.5-3.5 hours, then after your body adjusts, move it to every 3-4 hours..etc.