Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TW-Chemical Pregnancy

SGC29SGC29 member
edited July 2016 in Trying to Get Pregnant
I haven't posted on TB in quite some time so I'm not sure what all the rules are currently among the boards, hope it is okay to post this here. 

I'm currently on CD 31, my cycles are typically 27 to 28 days max and have been since they began when I was a teen. I don't know for certain when I ovulated this month but based on CM it was anywhere between day 12 and 14. I received two very very faint bfps the day my period was due, with two negative tests the last two days (cd 30 and now 31). Stark white, no lines. 

I called my OB to see what I should do since my period is still not here. They agreed it sounds like a chemical pregnancy or just false positives. I am thinking chemical because I have been having all the classic early pregnancy symptoms (I have been pregnant previously). For those who have experienced a CP, how long did it last before your period came? This is emotionally very upsetting. I am just ready to have my period and be done with this. I'm feeling extremely sick which I am assuming are just my hormones being out of whack. I have had a CP once before but my period came on time that month so there was no delay like this. I am ready to put this behind me and worried about how long this could drag out. So if you have been through this, would you mind sharing how long it took before your cycle returned?

Thank you in advance. 

Re: TW-Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    **General loss TW for basically this whole post because of the topic**

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I've had 3 chemical pregnancies and each time my period started pretty soon after the tests wen negative again. Twice I started spotting the day the tests were stark white BFNs again and started my period the next day. The 3rd time I think it was 2 days of BFNs.

Although with my chemical pregnancies I didn't really have much for symptoms and my RE suspects I have low progesterone. So it's possible that my hormones fell back to normal a little faster than it typical.

I know that, unfortunately, several other ladies who actively participate have had a CP or multiple CPs. So hopefully some of them will feel like sharing their experience also to give you a better idea of what is "normal."

I'll also say that your cycles going forward after your loss may be different. The first two were pretty much the same for me. After my third loss I started having mid cycle spotting that I hadn't ever really had before. And this cycle, my 2nd cycle after 3rd loss, has been very strangely long for me. I typically have 27-33 day cycles and I'm currently CD44 and 10DPO. I also had 2 different times mid cycle where I spotted for a couple of days. So your cycles may not change but if they do just know that unfortunately that if often part of this whole crappy process.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SGC29SGC29 member
    Thanks 
    **General loss TW for basically this whole post because of the topic**

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I've had 3 chemical pregnancies and each time my period started pretty soon after the tests wen negative again. Twice I started spotting the day the tests were stark white BFNs again and started my period the next day. The 3rd time I think it was 2 days of BFNs.

Although with my chemical pregnancies I didn't really have much for symptoms and my RE suspects I have low progesterone. So it's possible that my hormones fell back to normal a little faster than it typical.

I know that, unfortunately, several other ladies who actively participate have had a CP or multiple CPs. So hopefully some of them will feel like sharing their experience also to give you a better idea of what is "normal."

I'll also say that your cycles going forward after your loss may be different. The first two were pretty much the same for me. After my third loss I started having mid cycle spotting that I hadn't ever really had before. And this cycle, my 2nd cycle after 3rd loss, has been very strangely long for me. I typically have 27-33 day cycles and I'm currently CD44 and 10DPO. I also had 2 different times mid cycle where I spotted for a couple of days. So your cycles may not change but if they do just know that unfortunately that if often part of this whole crappy process.

• Options
    ***Trigger warning***
    I got my period about 5 days-1 week after getting a light bfp on a first response test and a "pregnant" on the digital. I didn't test anymore after that so I don't know if it would be considered a CP or miscarriage at 5 weeks. I ovulated at the normal time the following month and concieved my now 3 year old. My OB said with such and early miscarriage, there was no need to wait to continue TTC though I know some other OB's recommend waiting. Sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    ***TW, because... duh****

I had a chemical pregnancy about a month ago. I got my BFP on a Saturday and got a few more BFPs in the days that followed. And then 8 days after my first BFP I had a miscarriage. I was not taking tests the last few days before the miscarriage started. So, I'm not sure if they would have been negative or what. A couple of days after the miscarriage started I did take a test and it was definitely negative. I am now in my next cycle. I ovulated pretty much on time, just a day or two later than normal. I am waiting on my first normal period. We decided to not necessarily wait to TTC again, but decided to NTNP. So, we did have sex during my FW, once. So, there is a chance. But, I am sort of hoping not to conceive this cycle and then try our hardest next cycle. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Also, I forgot to add that I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is hard to go through a loss and annoying when you are trying to make a baby and have to wait. If you are interested at all there are a couple of other boards that you might find more people who can relate. There is the miscarriage/loss board and the TTCAL board. You should check them out if you want or need more support. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @SGC29.  I just wanted to chime in with my experience, as well as to tell you how sorry I am that you are having to go through this.  Hugs to you.

I had my CP cycle before last, and it was very similar to what you are experiencing.  I got a faint positive the day after my LP normally ends, and got more faint positives on Wondfos, Dollar Store cheapies, and a FRER for two days following.  I kept testing because the lines never seemed to get darker.  By the fourth day, I got a stark white negative.  On the fifth day it was also stark white, and I went in to my doc to get a blood test because I was concerned as you are.  It was negative and my period started late that afternoon.

The following cycle was mostly normal.  My pre-O temps ran a bit higher than usual, and I also O'd a bit later than usual, but on the whole there wasn't anything concerning in that cycle.  So far this current cycle seems to be progressing regularly, too, with my pre-O temps closer to my average.
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• Options
    NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited July 2016
    I forgot to mention that there is an amazing community over on TTCAL also if you'd like to check that out. I mean, you're more than welcome to stay here. But I just wanted to offer that up as an option since I know it can be very helpful during/after a loss. I spent quite a bit of time there after my first loss and it was really helpful to see all the discussions on the different aspects of loss and post-loss related changes/problems/issues.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry you are going through this :(
    My experience  just last month is actually identical to @mrsstuessy

-Krista-
    Me: 26
    DH :25