October 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday (July 27)

This is week brought to you by the young Harrison Ford
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: WTF Wednesday (July 27)

• Options
    Ya it's probably not even Wednesday for some of you but i's 1:08am here and WTF! Why am I awake?!? I seems I get a solid 3 hours of good sleep, then wakey wakey - now I'll struggle for the next 5 and a half hours until my alarm goes off.  No wonder I feel like shit most days.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Kinda surprised me ro see a WTF wed, so early. I work thirds so i understand the not being able to sleep
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am also up so I decided to watch Jim Gaffigan on Netflix. My wtf is to my stomach because for whatever reason it hurts when I laugh. So of course when you try to tell yourself not to laugh, it just makes it worse (plus he's funny). I am now sitting here holding the side of my stomach while crying: half because of laughing, half because of pain. I could do the smart thing and turn it off, but nope. 
  • Options
    Wtf to all the residents at work, who are constantly dropping things on the floor. I know they can't help it, but it still drives me crazy. hello, big ole fat baby belly can't hardly bend to pick up your pen, your tv remote, or your sock.so I've sadly resorted to the ugly manly yoga looking squat. 
  • Options
    I'm amongst the awake as well, but it's only 11 here.  I'm usually passed out by 9. How do I use my awake time? Catching up on the TV I missed while on vacation. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    WTF legs. I've been laying in bed awake for the last 3 hours tossing and turning because my legs hurt. They feel like I've been working out nonstop. WTF just let me sleep.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    WTF clients. I got a text at 12:30 a.m. from a client saying they needed me to call so they could fill me in on a crisis situation. I put my toddler back in bed (who had been up crying but was now asleep) and that phone call/situation led to 2 hours of work, plus getting up at 6 a.m. for round two. Very little sleep in between because I was so anxious.

I'm so exhausted now. Toddler woke up at 7, I went in his room to get him, change him and said (surprisingly super pleasantly), "Time to wake up, Daddy!" on my way downstairs and he shoots back, "WHY DID YOU WAKE HIM UP?!"

Umm...actually F you. He was awake. Just like I was most of the night and have been for the past hour. You probably didn't notice because you were busy snoring.

WAH.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Slight FFC/WTF at the elderly lady who totally looked, saw I was driving down the street, and proceeded to step out and slowly cross. I didn't expect to be cursing at an old lady on my way to work but yea, that happened (my windows were up though at least).
  • Options
    @ByeBabyBunting That's the worst!  Almost every Thursday, I think it's Friday.  There's always a moment when I realize the next day is not the weekend and I get sad.
  • Options

People walking into the street happens on my way to work all.the.time. It's really annoying and dangerous. It's always men, and it's always men who are hanging out outside the men's shelter, so I mean... you're bored and hot, I get it. But the speed limit on this 3 lane road is 40 and all of the lights are green, meaning all of the three rows of cars will be going 40 miles an hour or more. And these men will literally look at all of the cars coming at them and decide to go into the road anyway and make us all jam on the brakes.

Not cool. One day someone is going to get seriously run over down here.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @Kaytee1087 The other day, I got out of the shower and realized I didn't wash my hair. Luckily it was just before bed so I just showered again the next morning before work but still.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    WTF why do I feel like I forgot to do something this morning? I washed everything in the shower, I have my jewelry on, I let the dog out and fed her. What could I possibly be missing? 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited July 2016
    @bnsmith85 Sorry, friend, but I totally laughed at that one. Lol. Husbands say the dumbest things. 

Wtf. Just wtf.  I showed up on time (early, even!) for my 3 hour diabetes test this morning at 8:30. It is at a separate lab, not the OB's office. When I called to make the appt, they said to call the day before to make sure they had the doctors order. They didn't, so I called the OB's office, who said they would fax it. Well....they didn't. And of course, their office didn't open til 9, and then had phone issues. So I didn't get to start this darn test until 9:30, which means an extra hour of not eating. I'm already nauseous from hunger, so this should be fun (I'm only a half hour in). I'm so frustrated by my doctor's office- this is not their first mistake, but they literally have a monopoly on prenatal care in my city, so I'm stuck dealing with their stupidity. Wow, that got long- sorry. 

Edit: also, wtf brain. I saved the second half of my book to read at this appointment today. It was due today, so it auto-deleted at midnight off of my iPad, and the wait to get it back is 17 people deep :( 
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    WTF why do I feel like I forgot to do something this morning? I washed everything in the shower, I have my jewelry on, I let the dog out and fed her. What could I possibly be missing? 
    @ibabylove87 I very much feel this way today too! I even looked down on my way to work to make sure I was fully dressed.
  • Options
    @Kaessi I just sent DH a text asking if there was something else I'm supposed to do today! Maybe it's just that I've had lots of appointments lately and today I don't. Back to a normal routine and it's feeling weird? Who knows?! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    WTF Cousin... my sister and I were supposed to be throwing her a bay shower. We have been trying to reach her for months about a guest list, etc., and never heard back from her about anything. Sister and I discussed this last week.
    Yesterday, FI gets an invite on FB to attend her baby shower (I don't have FB). Naturally, I'm confused AF. I call my sister to see if she knows what the deal is, she says "Oh yeah, I thought I told you her BF is doing it instead..."

I'm not sure why I'm complaining, it's not like it affects me, and it saves me money, but I feel super annoyed at being ignored for months and being completely left out of the loop =/

• Options
    WTF pelvis? (We'll that just sounds dirty as hell.)
    Apparently it has decided to start pulling itself apart. And I thought the sciatica was bad? Oh, HELL no! This is much worse! I didn't have these issues with my son, so I guess I'm not handling it well. *sigh* Time to dig out the resistance bands.
  • Options
    @BluMommy I had all kinds of magical new pains I never had with my first the second time around. On round 3 now and it just gets worse and worse!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid... Your annoyance is completely justified. That was so rude of her
  • Options
    Wtf to my cats?? I woke up to the sound of glass breaking, ran downstairs, and found a champagne glass that had been sitting on top of the fridge was broken on the floor. I swept it up and texted my son to tell him to vacuum when he gets home. I found a bag that my husband had thrown up there and there was a small ziplock filled with cat food hidden inside. I threw the whole thing in the trash, assuming they were jumping up there cause they smelled it, and went back to bed. I figured with the food gone, they'd leave it alone because they never jump up there. I've those champagne glass stored up there for 2 years. Sure enough, twenty minutes later I hear glass breaking again. They jumped up there again and broke the second glass!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited July 2016
    @bnsmith85 I thought it was pretty rude. Wasn't sure if I was in the wrong or not for being irritated since FI made fun of me for being annoyed by it. 
    This is also after we gave her $100 cash the last time I saw her. Dick move, I would say.

Edit: I can't word anymore. I'm about to give up.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid I would be more than a little annoyed by that too. Rude. 
  • Options
    BluMommyBluMommy member
    edited July 2016
    @AllyTheKid Sorry it's gotten so tough for you. However, thank you for confirmation that I will NOT be having a third. Lol!
  • Options
    @BluMommy Still worth it!
  • Options
    WTF DH. Our friends are throwing us a really laid back bbq baby shower this weekend. He has an odd relationship with his family, so I left it up to him if he wanted to invite his mom and sister or if he just wanted to invite them to our more formal one in a few weeks. I left the invites on the table for him and specifically said "These are for your mom and sister... I don't know if you want to invite them or not, it's up to you.". (Personally I would have just invited them, but they're more hoity toity and this is going to be a super laid back BBQ with friends and tattoo shop coworkers... so super laid back.) He said ok. I EVEN MENTIONED IT TO HIM AGAIN a few weeks ago, "Hey don't forget these are for your mom and sister if you want to invite them."

Sunday he looks at me and asks, "Did we invite my mom and sister?" I almost lost it. I told him he better call them and tell them so they don't see pics on Facebook and get upset that they weren't invited. Well, they were upset. He tried to explain it is not a normal shower, there will be no games and it's more of a bbq to celebrate. His mom gets all these conspiracy theories in her head because she is the worlds biggest negative nancy (next to his sister) and I know she's feeling like we just don't want them there. WHICH ISN'T THE CASE. WTF DH...you really dropped the ball on this. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @Julia70286 This sounds like something my DH would do. Will you have to be the one to smooth things over too? That's always fun with MILs. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @AllyTheKid I would be super irritated too. But at least now you get to go and just enjoy the party? I hate giving people money; my mom had some taker brothers, so she taught me to always offer to pay the bill the needed right out of my account, take them to the store, or even now you can buy gift cards for like Gas Only at Speedway. Obviously I'm not sure of her situation, but I always liked getting them like a Kroger gift card or something because at least then I know where my money is going. But I'm sure a lot of is has come from my mom's cynicism...
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    We're in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and we just put down brand new laminate Pergo flooring. I found a scratch in the flooring last night, and my husband talked me down from mentioning it to the contractors. But today I found a big chip and a plank that will need to be replaced (WTF!!!!), so when they were talking about moving the refrigerator back in, I pointed out the chip and the scratch and asked them to please be careful of the new flooring when moving it.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Options
    @AllyTheKid, WTF!  I'd be so pissed too!  I mean, she could have called you, texted you, anything.  

@Julia70286, that suuuuuuuucks!  I'm sorry you're having to deal with this drama!
  • Options
    @Julia70286 That is soooo my FI. I invited his father to LO's first birthday party on Saturday, figuring he hadn't done so yet. Surprise surprise- he hadn't.

@Kaytee1087 Typically I'm not a cash-giver, but FI had to be a show off and dish it out. I trust her to spend it accordingly though, so meh. I'll show up with a onesie or something small, but she already got her gift as far as I'm concerned.

@annabenanna she had no problem sending me bump pics -_-

• Options
    @krzyriver SO frustrating. I think in these situations the wife is typically the one to smooth things over, but I'm going to let him handle this one. I just can't deal with the conspiracy theories, "woe is me", "they hate me" mentality... with her own son, when we've worked very hard to make her feel loved and included. It was just a mistake! 

• Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    @Julia70286 Ohh that sucks! I feel for ya though - my H failed to invite his grandparent's to the super small gender reveal that we had in April and I'm still getting crap about it. Not sure how exactly it's my fault but I'm getting all the blame.
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid  I would be annoyed about your cousin too! She could have said something!!! I know you've mentioned her and the shower before so it's obviously something that has been in to forefront of your mind. Plus you were kind enough to offer to throw it in the first place! WTF indeed! 

• Options
    @Kaessi I was JUST thinking how I'm sure I'll be getting crap for it, when I'm not sure it's really my fault. Whatever, if it's not one thing, it's another! Sorry you feel my pain! lol

• Options
    @Julia70286 Ew, yeah I wouldn't want to deal with that either. Let him fix his own mistake. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    Annnnd, they just moved the refrigerator back into the kitchen and damaged ANOTHER PLANK.

WTF, seriously.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d