January 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change - July 26

What's new with baby?

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby?

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid?

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change - July 26

• Options
    What's new with baby? 17 weeks today, the size of an onion, pomegranate, or large order of fries :lol: 

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? Just buying stuff. Got his bathtub and a baby safety gate.

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: Big rant: My company, which is going through a financial crisis, stealthily announced that we're switching health insurance providers in October. So there's a chance I will have to pay a second 2016 deductible (I had already paid mine in full this year) and on top of that, they're introducing a cost share on the monthly premium when they previously paid 100% of it :| I'm the only pregnant person in my entire company right now so I feel like a stupid special snowflake and I'm not sure how these changes are going to affect my coverage as a pregnant person or if the new provider is going to do something stupid like raise my premium cost significantly because they see pregnancy as a pre-existing condition. Ughhhhh. Angerface. I swear, it feels like my whole life is falling apart with this pregnancy. I'm being overly dramatic, but it really does feel like I'm being tested by the universe.

When's your next appointment? Next Friday, anatomy scan followed immediately by my normal 4-week OB check-in! Hoping to get the thumbs up that he's looking healthy. Quad screen had me as low risk but it'll be good to get all the details.

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid? I had 2. Whenever someone wanted to annoy me, they called me "Lame-ee" (first name is Aimee). Close friends called me Free Bird though. I legally changed my middle name to that 3 years ago so it's no longer just a nickname :sunglasses:
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @canavara Ugh, girl. You have had the roughest go. I'm so sorry all that crap is happening. 

What's new with baby?
    17 weeks! My EDD moved up to Jan 4th (It's been that way all along, but OB just told me that at last appointment). Baby is the size of a turnip? (Hah!) Kicking after meals, coffee, and sneezes!  

We bought our crib and dresser/changing table. Now, if MIL will bring up our recliner, and we can get the room clean, we'll be ready to start our nursery putting together! 

Heartburn is a bitch. And getting comfortable after my million midnight pee sessions is getting difficult. 

I go tomorrow for my quad screen, and Aug 10th for my next OB exam and A/S. 

I had Osgood-Schlatter disease in both knees, so I had to wear these beige colored knee braces (that kept my knee cap from slapping against my shin bone) and they looked like rolled up pantyhose. So I was called "Pantyhose" for pretty much all the years I wore those. By the time I outgrew the knee problems, people had moved onto just my last name for all instances. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What's new with baby? 
    13 weeks, the size of a clownfish. No kicks or anything yet.

We bought the crib and changing table. Taped the nursery so I'll probably start painting tonight.

This kid is no longer cute little "sea monkey" in my head. Now it's more of like, a parasitic monster that immediately destroys any food I toss down to it. I told DH about this and he goes, "That's so metal." I still haven't gained any weight and about an hour after I've eaten, my stomach will start hurting if I don't eat again. I have like 10 small meals a day.

August 17th for monthly check-up

It was so stupid. So incredibly stupid. My middle name is Jean, so some kids at school called me *first name* "blue jean" *last name*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Options
    What's new with baby? 17 weeks! Baby is the size of a large order of fries or a pair of Rayban aviators. I was snacking on blueberries this morning and I teared up thinking how much Peanut has already grown. Also his/her hearing is strengthening so I've been having many deep conversations with Peanut - especially during 3AM potty/party times. 

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? Nope. Wait. Panic? Because suddenly I've begun freaking out about how little time is left. I blame all those stupid Christmas memes on Facebook. 

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: Ugh. I've been sick for about three days. No fever but the congestion is a killer. DH stood in front of the door yesterday and refused to let me go to work. Then called my mom. Really? It was probably for the best though. I felt really faint. Otherwise acid reflux sucks. And holy baby kicks! Like I said in another thread, this kid must think my uterus is an American Ninja Warrior course! It's so crazy!

When's your next appointment? 8/8 for our anatomy scan. I'm dying to find out the sex!

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid? Nope. My mom insisted people call me by my full first name. I mean my dad called me Squirrel but that was only him (I was crazy active and small as a kid). 
  • Options
    What's new with baby?

15 weeks! baby is the size of an orange..and apparently a multi-tool. 

Nope

I don't know where this falls, but I figure here, I had a pretty unsure appointment last week that left me feeling sad. Basically I had a ultrasound (which was just an ultrasound they gave me because I had to reschedule because they were 2 hours late, so it was to make me happy) and the first thing they found was that I had a Anterior Placenta with marginal previa. Which they put me on limited activity and pelvic rest. Bummer. They think it will move up, so no big deal. Then I go back to the exam room for my exam and the ultrasound tech comes in and tells the doctor (very casually, like an afterthought) that I had subjectively low fluid. Not really knowing what that means, and no one was freaking out about it, I didn't think to ask too many questions. (now, granted, I was dehydrated, I had not been keeping up with my fluids all week and it showed because I woke up with a killer leg cramp). But, no one seemed worried, so I didn't worry. Just drink more water. Cue me getting home and googling...spare yourself..it is all doom and gloom, especially with a placenta like mine. I freak out, call the on-call doctor, and she tells me the same thing. Drink water. I have my anatomy scan at the high risk doctor to check my placenta and fluids. PLUS, I have a tilted uterus so I don't measure correctly with the fundal height anyway. I just feel like my body just hates me. I am a serious hypochondriac anyway so this is just terrible for me.

3 weeks until the anatomy scan.

Not really, mostly my maiden name, or a variation of it. Lol

• Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @Dinozaur My middle name is Jean, too!! I never had the blue jean joke though. People at work call me Jean because we have a Jim, Jason, John, and I'm the only one throwing off the J theme with my first name. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    What's new with baby? I am so bad at keeping up with threads lately, but 15 weeks! Baby is size of a navel orange and might be hiccuping (I am certainly hiccuping)

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? We are currently renting a 1br apartment (and that 1br is pretty tiny) that would not feasibly accommodate another person, no matter how small (not to mention the influx of houseguests we will probably experience once this baby is born). We were planning on moving anyway, but kind of dragging our feet on getting things started (our lease is up 10/1 and we want to be out by then). Anyway, we went from getting a realtor to having an offer accepted in less than a week, so while things are currently moving super fast, we're also very excited that they are! We had the inspection yesterday, things seem to be moving along pretty well with our mortgage so far, and we've got an anticipated closing date of 9/15, so while we're still nervous, we're mostly excited (and relieved about how painless and quick the process has been thus far).

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: I've started getting some minor heartburn or reflux or something within the past couple of days (it's a vague burning sensation in my throat, mainly). Still queasy pretty often, but it's minor enough that it's easy to ignore if I have something to distract me from it. I'll be traveling to Wyoming on Sunday as a chaperone with some of my students who were selected for a science enrichment camp (we'll be traveling with about 4-5 other school groups as well). Really excited about that, but also hoping against hope that I won't have any problems with the altitude.

When's your next appointment? August 11 - monthly checkup. Anatomy scan is August 31. I was pretty nasty to the front desk lady when I was scheduling that, because the latest appointment time they offer is 3pm (earliest is 8am), they don't offer weekend appointments, and I didn't want to have to take any time off of work.

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid? Mostly just variations on my last name. I got the nickname Esther in high school, too (long story, basically some guy mistakenly thought this was my name and a bunch of other people thought it was hilarious), which stuck around for quite a while.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• Options
    What's new with baby?
    No idea. I've been terrible this time around about keeping up with pregnancy progress, but I do know I'm 17 weeks lol.
    No
    My kids have been driving me crazy today. I miss being pregnant with DD1 when I could just sit and dream of what life would be like with a baby. Now I'm yelling at my toddler to get out of the dishwasher and praying this next kiddo will not be as hyper as these girls. :)
    I forget.. Sometime in August. I should check on that.
    Casper (I'm really white).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    What's new with baby?

14 weeks, size of a peach

DH is painting the nursery tonight. The whole house is getting painted though. Not quite sure yet which room will be the nursery and which will be DS. We will probably just let DS pick and give baby be other one. 

The nausea is still around with some puking thrown in. Headaches have been awful lately too. Really hoping for some relief soon so I can start enjoying this pregnancy!

August 15th for my 16 week check up. I have to do an early glucose test which I'm not thrilled about. I barely passed my glucose test with DS so was never technically diagnosed with gestational diabetes. They want to make stay ahead of it this time in case I end up having it. 

Never had a nickname. Was always just called by my first name 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    lmctanlmctan member
    What's new with baby?
    Ummm not that much? I'm 14 weeks and 4 days. Big as a peach or lemon depending on which app I'm looking at!
    We are going to have an ultrasound to find out the gender early. We found a place that does it for 45 bucks which I think is reasonable and I'm not good at waiting. So we do that tomorrow! And then I feel like I will let myself plan a bit more. I have finally bought myself maternity pants. Man they are comfortable!
    Heartburn omg the heartburn. I can't take it, anybody have any solutions? Also I swear I could feel something yesterday moving but my friend was like "nah thats just your uterus stretching it's way too early I didn't feel until 20 weeks" but maybe I'm different? I dunno i was excited and now I feel like maybe it was gas... it felt like flutters or shivers.
    tomorrow for ultrasound, and then the 8th for my check up with the doctor.

Irish. I'm a redhead and have a Mc last name so... I'm irish american and everyone liked pointing it out. I kinda liked it.
  • Options
    aishmcaishmc member
    What's new with baby?
    17 weeks.  Apparently the size of a pomegranate.  I told my husband and he was like "what size pomegranate?"  We have a tree out back, but our pomegranates are kind of small.  
    We created an Amazon registry and haven't added a thing.
    I'm still getting nausea and vomiting for 3 days at a time and unfortunately right now is that time.  I'm worried since I'll be on a 10 hour flight next week and am so nervous about traveling.  
    August 22nd for OB appt and anatomy scan.  We had to push both appointments back until we're back from Europe so I'm hoping the baby cooperates so we can find out the sex.  
    Just Aish, pronounced Ash.  After the movie The Hot Chick came out, everyone wanted to call me Ling Ling since it's another part of my name.  
  • Options
    lmctan said:
    Ummm not that much? I'm 14 weeks and 4 days. Big as a peach or lemon depending on which app I'm looking at!

You might want to be on the lookout for the Friday ticker change thread :) The ticker thread is for the day of the week your week changes (or your sig ticker updates to something new!) So, you'd be 15 weeks on Friday.
  • Options
    @cjs260 Oh man that nickname is just cruel. People can be such assholes. Sorry if that GTKY dredged up bad memories.
    @christac1010 I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one talking to my LO haha. I've been reading him Harry Potter for a couple of days now but I feel really dumb about it. I keep thinking if I give everyone ridiculous voices it'll be okay or something but it just feels weird talking to someone I can't see! I hope you get better soon. Being sick while pregnant feels like you're dyyyiing.
    @AmRe214 Step away from the google :) If your doc thinks things are fine, there's a good chance they will be. Plenty of time for your placenta to move.

• Options
    Smiley-1980Smiley-1980 member
    edited July 2016
    What's new with baby? 16 weeks - baby is the size of an Avocado

Have you done anything this week to prepare for baby? -  nothing for baby this week, bought myself some more maternity clothes though

Rants / raves / questions / symptoms: finally feeling a bit better and it's been easier to eat.  Haven't thrown up in 3 days.

When's your next appointment? - August 12th - monthly doctor's appt./checkup

GTKY: Did you have a nickname when you were a kid? - Scary (rhymes with my name) oh and also Smiley is what a lot of people called me because I was shy and would usually just smile.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers