Trying to Get Pregnant

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday!

• My body!! That is my TW today. I'm so frustrated and I don't know where to post this to vent/get advice, because I don't even know where I belong.

When I post in WTO, I say that I'm on cycle 10. And that's true, in the sense that we have essentially been NTNP for 10 months. I started with temping and tracking everything and I got really overwhelmed really quickly and I couldn't keep going. I became a little depressed and I took a break. This past cycle, I decided that it was time to really give it the old college try again. I'm not temping, but I'm taking PNVs and I was using OPKs.

I started OPKs on CD 11 (my typical cycle is 26-28 days so I thought it may have been too late) and I was using CBAD tests. I had low readings the first 3 days, then had high readings for 4 days after that. Never had a peak reading, never turned a Wandfo (despite trying 3 times a day).

So, now I'm on CD 21 and I've given up testing. I'm tired of peeing on stuff. I figure that I either have the shortest LP ever or I don't ovulate. Obviously, it could be something different but that's what it feels like right now. I'm just upset and frustrated. Also, I kind of feel broken. And my PCP won't give me a referral for any type of testing for 2 more months. I'm stuck. 

I don't even want to have a glass of wine on the off chance that there is a bean brewing in there. 

AND, I can't find a GIF to properly express my feelings. UGH!

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • Loading the player...
  • @maggie1202 Aw, honey...our bodies are just bitches.  I'm sorry *creepy interweb hugs*

Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• @Aurora1973 Same. #AMAs
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17

• Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• @aurora1973 and @eggplantface I am SO worried about this with going to an RE (my OB does my Clomid right now).  "Oh, you're 40? *tsk tsk* Let's get some needles and shit."  Whoa, whoa, whoa.  We are Catholic so IVF is not an option for us (I, in no way, shape or form judge anyone who uses IVF to get their sweet take home baby - it's a personal choice only).  We can do IUI but that doesn't mean it's the very next thing I want to jump to! 

Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• adiratadirat member
    @NamelessAria  That's really tough. I'm sorry for you that he feels this way. Maybe you can talk about it more and come to some agreement? (Though I couldn't agree more about the bachelor party!)

Also -- would he be open to reading more about adoption to learn that in fact non-foster adoption is pretty hard and if you want a healthy, white infant, it's not easy/almost impossible to do quickly? Or how many adoption agencies that do overseas work are somewhere between sketchy and scammers? My DH definitely though adoption was all sunshine and puppies until I shared with him what I'd read. (I believe my first introduction to this was Kathryn Joyce's book.) 

• @eggplantface I completely respect your opinion. When I first was diagnosed with PCOS, my OB's first reaction was to put me on Clomid. I, instead, waited 6 months to try diet/exercise and see if my hormonal imbalance improved (which it did) before taking that step. Unfortunately, my cycles still remained wayyy too far apart so I finally agreed to try Clomid in June, and it's worked to get me ovulating/my body has fortunately not had any adverse reactions to it. Meanwhile, my hormonal imbalances have continued to improve and mostly gone back to normal (like they were when I was on BC). If 3 rounds of Clomid with monitoring are not successful, our next route is an RE...but even then I feel I will still be curious enough to want to wait a few cycles and see what my body is capable of doing for itself before resorting to more invasive/expensive procedures. 
  • @NamelessAria, I'm sorry you guys are in disagreement. I can't blame you for being frustrated. "A couple years"  TTC is a big deal and takes a toll. I hope you guys can talk it out/come to an agreement.

My DH so far has been very "meh" about TTC. I know he has some more feels deep down about having another kid, ttc, etc, but trying to drag it out of him to talk about it is like pulling teeth.
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NamelessAria Sorry to hear that! I'd also continue with testing. Even if you go with your husband's plan and just "keep trying" without knowing what could be going on, the time will pass anyway and you'll have questions hanging over your head, wondering if you could have done something different. At least with testing you'll know if trying will be worth it or all for naught. Is it really just the money holding him back? My husband was so terrified of his boys being unable to swim that he was dreading his testing. It's funny how these things we think are no big deal are just huge to men.

Ok so I didn't want to trivialize the seriousness of this discussion with a funny gif, but then I said "Huge" and decided to search for a Trump "YUGE" gif and found the following, which I hid under a spoiler because I don't even know what is going on in it and it may not be entirely SFW so don't open with a boss over your shoulder.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @NamelessAria I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with this. While every marriage is different, I know that my husband kind of has an "if it's meant to happen, it will happen" mentality about TTC and is apprehensive to testing/IF treatment, which is frustrating because I am persistent as can be and want so deeply to build a family. We are taking things one day at a time right now but I fear as time goes on that we will come to a crossroads where we disagree on what our next steps will be. And if your DH's reasons are purely financial like you said, and that is unfounded, then I can only imagine how that must feel. I'm new here and know you don't know me, but am wishing you nothing but comfort and positivity while you try to work through this with him.  <3

• @NamelessAria I don't have anything to add. I'm so sorry.   T&P!
      Me: 27    DH: 37
    Humans to 1 dog, 2 cats!
    Dating: Feb 2012
    Married: Sep 2015
    NTNP: Sep 2015
    TTC#1: May 2016
  • My body is also being TW today.....my cycle is so screwed up and I don't know what to do! 
  • @laurad75 @grabberblue2010 @ahrains Thank you all for the hugs and support. It doesn't solve the problem, but it does make me feel like I have some wonderful and strong women supporting me and it means a lot!

@mrsfl2015 I feel ya, girl. I'm sorry your cycle is being a TW. :frowning:

@NamelessAria I don't have any major words of wisdom, but I want to say that I'm so sorry that you and your DH aren't on the same page. That is so hard, and I hope that when you have a discussion with him, he can see things your way. Quite frankly, I think "just trying and seeing what happens for a FEW YEARS" is crazy. T&P for you.

Me: 32 years old
    DH: 33 years old
    Married in May 16, 2015
         TTC #1 (on and off) since September 2015
    DS1 Due 6.7.2021
  • MrsFL2015MrsFL2015 member
    edited July 2016
    Thanks  @Maggie1202....If anyone is really good at reading/analyzing charts, I posted mine in today's TWW.   I would really appreciate feedback about it because I'm so confused and frustrated. 
  • hezzer78 said:
    I'm PMSy already and really just wanted to yell "I KNOW YOU STUPID COW!!! I JUST DIDN'T READ THAT PART! I'VE APOLOGIZED 5 TIMES ALREADY JUST MAKE MY APPOINTMENT AND SHUT YOUR HOLE!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is the best!  :D
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • This person I had to deal with at work today. She works for an extension of our agency so many of my coworkers have to deal with her. I rarely do. Well, after this very long day of calling her 5 times and emailing back and forth a bunch of times, I was done. THEN, one of my coworkers called me and told me the person told her she wanted to smack me. Ummm, what? That's really professional... I literally am just sitting here doing my job and it's your job to help me figure out this situation (that I didn't cause). I know she was joking but WTF? Don't be a twatwaffle. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @NamelessAria I'm so sorry about your husband. Is there a neutral 3rd party he could talk to? Maybe you guys know someone who has adopted or has been through IF testing and can talk to him about it. Sometimes my H doesn't believe me about things I say, then he hears it from someone else and it's like a revelation for him. **eye roll** So effing annoying. 

@hezzer78 your gif game is on point today. LMAO! 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @aurora1973 Same...
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• PurpleRainsPurpleRains member
    edited July 2016
    @RedBreast35 If you do figure it out, let this old lady know!

ETA @eggplantface @aurora1973 @laurad75 @sirius37 @hezzer78 Since we've resurrected this thread I wanted to ask y'all's opinion: Do you ever use the TTC Over 35 board?
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• @ahrains I use the TTC over 35 board.  We maybe have one or two threads a week if lucky.  I would love it to be more active.  
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• I've lurked a bit over there, but it didn't seem very active. 

Plus I like to pretend I'm younger than I really am  o:)
  • I'll start checking in more - I would like to see it be active as well :)
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• I haven't been over there in a while.  It definitely wasn't very active, and I've gotten such good info that is helpful regardless of age over here.  But maybe we could band together and make it more active.  Start old lady discussions that might bore the other whippersnappers ;)
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks